HOME        ABOUT
FORUMS        FAQ

Old player coming back and need help with defense (update)

Think you've got the goods? Share your strategies here!

Old player coming back and need help with defense (update)

Postby Shinsui » Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:46 pm

Hey guys,

So I've been on and off playing this for a while and the past few months I've only been logging on to check attacks and such. Just last week I finally hit Dungeon heart 9 and decided to become active again and start playing more. My initial build served me well in gaining combat points in the lower brackets, but now I'm in Dread 1 and trying to save resources to catch back up on my traps and rooms that I have to upgrade. I could use some help with some strategies for both resource protection as well as surviving the exclusive raids.

Here's a link to what I have currently as my layout

http://appgoons.tk/dungeonkeeper/?name=Darkdan1138InitialBuild

Any tips or layout suggestions are greatly appreciated

Update:

So my current layout that I have posted in a lower comment is actually working well for me. I'm working my way through upgrading my traps and now I have all my walls up to lvl 5 at least. I'm generally doing well in attacks with my comps, but I run into the occasional hiccup. My question now is, what do you guys use your imps to bolster, if anything? Also, do you change your imp bolster depending on if you're attacking or defending?
Last edited by Shinsui on Wed May 13, 2015 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shinsui

Re: Old player coming back and need help with defense

Postby scorpiousdelectus » Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:30 pm

My initial impression is that your poison bombs are wasted being near the resource rooms as Biles will go there first and Biles have a natural resistance to poison.

As far as surviving Exclusive Raids, minions will spawn in the bottom centre entry, then head for the nearest room. Because you have your gold storage rooms at equal distance apart, you risk splitting the minions and creating two new spawn points (the two hijacked gold rooms). My recommendation would be to either cut off the one on the right or pull the one of the left closer to the bottom centre entry. This will ensure that all future minion spawns will go in a funneled direction and you can trap accordingly.

Your flying minions are the biggest headache so I cluster the Anti-Air where I know spawning will take place along with freeze and zap to slow them down and hold them in place. Library is good for this as well as you get defensive from the room plus warlock ranged attack.
scorpiousdelectus

Postby pitofdespair » Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:10 pm

It would help to have an actual screenshot of your dungeon - don't see your doors and not sure of the levels of your buildings.

Most people do some rearranging to get through survival raids, if they care at all about winning on d.

However, you re usually better off losing on d if it's just resources you're after. Gives you cave-in and having a lower rank makes your o targets somewhat easier. But it depends on exactly how often you play. If you play a lot, what you lose on d will be insignificant compared to what you get on o. if you raid once a day, d might be worth investing in. But most people focus on o development (buildings needed to train of troops) from what I see here.

Anyways, I suspect you are vulnerable to both resource stealers (because no d buildings near them) and heart killers (because no traps defending the heart against warlocks/immortals). I'd move a few resource buildings towards the centre, maybe connected externally with long hallways/doors, and pack the heart with your poison traps and probably a bunch more.

Also don't be afraid to throw a trick in there so people attack an area that looks weak but is loaded with hidden traps.
Bruce Campbells Army of Darkness - an open lv 40 guild for casual players of all levels who want to develop their dungeons and get Dreadstone in tournaments
Game Center: agoodspellr
pitofdespair
Keeper
Keeper

Postby Grimgor » Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:22 pm

You should really put your bug zappers and frost traps behind walls.
Grimgor
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby Shinsui » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:39 pm

Thanks for the help so far guys. In the middle of restructuring my dungeon this week to try some things out. When I'm done tinkering with it, I"ll post a few pics of it here for critique
Shinsui

Postby swampuslord » Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:42 am

I have some successful defenses that I have recorded on YouTube. Please feel free to use my dungeon as a guide.

For the exclusive raids I tend to use ghosts that I have summoned along with cluck off for the last few waves. I also move the spike traps to the perimeter and firetraps near the doors at the top of my dungeon.

I hope this helps.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6KMtl ... GomAeZ_7tQ
swampuslord

Postby Shinsui » Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:31 pm

swampuslord wrote:I have some successful defenses that I have recorded on YouTube. Please feel free to use my dungeon as a guide.

For the exclusive raids I tend to use ghosts that I have summoned along with cluck off for the last few waves. I also move the spike traps to the perimeter and firetraps near the doors at the top of my dungeon.

I hope this helps.

Thanks swampus. it was actually your channel that I looked at when I decided to come back to playing this. I might be bouncing some questions off of you later :P
Shinsui

Postby swampuslord » Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:29 pm

Shinsui wrote:
swampuslord wrote:I have some successful defenses that I have recorded on YouTube. Please feel free to use my dungeon as a guide.

I hope this helps.

Thanks swampus. it was actually your channel that I looked at when I decided to come back to playing this. I might be bouncing some questions off of you later :P

Hi Shinsui,

That really makes me feel good to know that my channel was able to bring back an old keeper. If you would like some more tips and hang out with a great group of guys and girls check out The Seven Kingdoms guild. They do require communication as well as 500 stars / day for tournaments, unless something comes up. If you are not sure send me a message.
swampuslord

Postby Shinsui » Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:52 pm

ok, I"ve restructured my dungeon to hopefully be better. Here are some pics of it. Let me know what you guys think

Edit: pictures are too large to post here for some reason, posting the imgr links

http://imgur.com/fHQnsAM,yElqqmo,i2hL63D#1
Shinsui

Postby Keithustus » Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:41 pm

Very tempting dungeon since so many ways in...

(1) The top left is weak. Either a bomb wall or a Deeg to to either storage room then a flood of trolls, maybe with a thunderbolt, for the workshop and hatchery. If you put a bit more space between the corridor and those rooms, OR move the workshop to cover them, you'd get a lot less attacks.

(2) Use the torture chamber to protect the storage instead of being bomb-troll bait. Swap it with one.

(3) The crap-wall and poison trap in the bottom right is especially inviting since attacker will often have another bomb wall or two remaining. Cluck Off the vamp while trickling in trolls, then warlock heart = easy win.

At least your resources are spread out. That will make 100%s unlikely without mistresses. For that, the primary purpose of spring traps is to kill mistresses, particularly ones going for non-defensive rooms when the trolls go elsewhere.

Hope this helps!
Keithustus
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Next

Return to Strategy Discussions