HOME        ABOUT
FORUMS        FAQ

Dark Library

Think you've got the goods? Share your strategies here!

Dark Library

Postby SaintlyDevilish » Sun May 31, 2015 12:45 pm

Hi all,
After several months break from DK..I returned to my dungeon, and to my old guild. I'm busy playing catch up so have been raiding furiously... After some very successful raiding, I tend to use my stone immediately. As it saves it from all you lot stealing my treasure. I love the tournaments, as I like a challenge..and it gives me lots of stone. However, I've been stuck today as I have every imp working on upgrades. I've no mana as the Dark Library is getting a much needed upgrade. If I were to carry on with the tournament I'd be raiding at a disadvantage with no mana, the stone From any raids, would make me a sitting duck considering I can't spend it (all imps busy upgrading) My defense is weak on my dungeon due to 3 room upgrades. I'd do the raiding for my guild but most of them don't seem to be pulling their weight, not donating, gold or minions and don't seem to be getting in the spirit of raiding to win stars for tournament. I want our guild to win a decent place and I think a third of the guild are willing to do their part. But the rest are just dead wood, may as well not be in a guild as they do nothing for it.

Disappointed the Dark Library still doesn't produce mana while upgrading- thought you might have changed that by now.

The reason I think DK struggles to keep players or be popular - waiting ... Wait for upgrades, wait for minions, wait for training, wait for stone, it's like a game of patience. Anyhow, I'm back playing.. But love some guild advice, to help build and advance my guild..
illuminati guild
SaintlyDevilish

Re: Dark Library

Postby ofblong » Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:17 am

Join a new guild like mine.... Anyways I NEVER have all 6 imps upgrading stuff. Why?? because then when you have the stone you can be upgrading your walls with the 6th imp and bolstering in between. Right now your really need walls to lvl 9 (I only have 3 of them that high rest are 7 and 8).
ofblong
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby SaintlyDevilish » Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:03 am

My. walls are already high. The Dark Library takes 7 days to upgrade, with a bit of slapping less.. But whenever you get to upgrading it, it will not produce mana. As for the guild, I was made leader, so I am not leaving but trying to make a difference to it. We got to 14th in the Tournament which is an improvement to the last two times. But it's those who do zero that bother me.
illuminati guild
SaintlyDevilish

Postby Dred » Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:40 pm

I'd say set a goal for total number of players in your guild. If you want to cap it at 30 kick the ones that have been inactive and have a low amount of trophies/cp. But consider carefully before you kick all the inactives as they still boost your total trophies. Having a high level guild with a lot of trophies makes you more appealing for new players when they look through the list. Getting new players is basically down to luck as most of them just look at the list which is randomly populated. Another thing, try to keep your chat current. This will encourage new people to participate and hopefully get more interested in the game.

Also, the dark library upgrades are the most painful upgrade. I tried to save them for a time when I would be busy with work or something for several days and wouldn't have time to raid, but they are well worth it! Plus, once you get it to 10 you never have to do it again!
Dred
Upgraded Minion
Upgraded Minion

Postby hell hole keeper » Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:32 pm

As mentioned before, always have at least one imp available for wall upgrades so you don't waste stone by maxing out.

I suggest doing the Campaign Mode and Challenge raids while waiting for your DL to upgrade. You can beat these with little to no mana if you have a well trained immortal, and the winnings from these will help fund upgrades to keep your imps busy.
Chaos Theory Join us if you wish to max out your dungeon and challenge your peers. No need for Baby Killing in here!
hell hole keeper
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby SaintlyDevilish » Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:03 am

Some good advice, but it does seem the Dark Library is a bad upgrade process. I have done raiding without mana, and it's a bit 50/50. With tournaments every week there is no convenient way of doing this upgrade unless you wish to use gems to get mana. I dare say EA love this. How ever, I tend to spend my stone as soon as I get it, otherwise it makes my dungeon too tempting for others to raid. I have left stone before, and it's so annoying to discover that 10-15% is gone and your left not able to do the upgrade you were saving for. Yep, it's part and parcel of the game, as I got the stone from raiding. As players are from all different levels, it's very hard to secure your dungeon from those who are much higher levels..to secure your dungeon from them you need higher level rooms, traps, and walls etc.. Which comes from your own dungeon being a higher level.. So it's as broad as it is long.

But hey if was all easy, there would be no challenge. Lol
illuminati guild
SaintlyDevilish

Postby Hell bound heart » Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:35 am

You can get slightly cheaper mana on campaign mode if you want to spend some gems, put immortal in to 1st challenge wipe it out then resupply, it is cheaper but does cost still
Hell bound heart
Keeper
Keeper

Postby Jim Steele » Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:46 am

Good advice re the campaign mode. You can also use deeg and dugger to help during tournaments save mana punching through walls.
I timed my library upgrade from 9 to 10 so that it would be done during the week where there where no tournaments, leaving the weekend to raid for stars and stone.

On the plus side, once you have maxed out the DL you dont have to do it again!

Regarding your guild, it sounds like you need to get rid of some of the dead wood. Explain your feelings to your guild members give them the opportunity to contribute and if they dont kick them.

~Jim
Jim Steele

Postby hell hole keeper » Sat Jul 11, 2015 1:44 am

I did most of the Campaign Raids while my DL was upgrading. I was able to get 100% on all but 4 or 5 of them without using mana. The loot from beating them wasjust enough to keep my imps busy with upgraids and to keep minions in training. The 500 mana from the survival raid is enougb to take a second crack at the campaign or two that you need a Bomb or Disable Trap to beat.
Chaos Theory Join us if you wish to max out your dungeon and challenge your peers. No need for Baby Killing in here!
hell hole keeper
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Return to Strategy Discussions