HOME        ABOUT
FORUMS        FAQ

how to beat smaug

Think you've got the goods? Share your strategies here!

how to beat smaug

Postby Makany » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:48 am

Any one have a solid strategy to beat him?

Please don't reply if your response requires using:
    > Gems. (Either Refill mana or revive immortal)
    > Blostering the dark library with more than 2 imps. [because my imps are busy right now]
    > Using Boosts (any purchasable boost)
    > Using dragon breath to reveal traps.
    > using Tiny by method [simply my Tiny isn't strong enough yet]

This player specifically
https://www.dropbox.com/s/tcq0sfd255tmdr2/Screenshot_2015-07-20-17-41-01.png?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8mi5o811ueljngl/Screenshot_2015-07-20-17-41-14.png?dl=0
Makany
Upgraded Minion
Upgraded Minion

Re: how to beat smaug

Postby Kaihawaii » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:27 am

Your level: Immortals, minions, spells?
Dungeon & Gamecenter ID: As Tiny goes by
Campaign walktrough: Battle of the Elements
Kaihawaii
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby Makany » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:39 am

Horny & Swampus Lv 29

Bomb Wall 11
Thunder bolt 5
Cluck off 5
Disable Trap (up to 3 per usage)

Trolls, warlocks & skeletons At max level.
Makany
Upgraded Minion
Upgraded Minion

Postby Ravenous » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:59 am

I two starred him yesterday. I dont want to post all of the details, but I started with BW to the workshop and connect the library to the training room on the left hand side (uses 1 Lvl 11 BW). I didnt use refill/revive.
List of Polls:Topic order Ascending Topic order Descending
DH 11 / DCR 82 / trophy~5.8k / CP>2.8m / HB>8.6k / Plunder>12.1b
Ravenous
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby Kaihawaii » Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:07 am

Makany wrote:Horny & Swampus Lv 29

Bomb Wall 11
Thunder bolt 5
Cluck off 5
Disable Trap (up to 3 per usage)

Trolls, warlocks & skeletons At max level.

sooo many ways to do this:
1. Check if Smaug's Tiny/Horny is N/A, DD to graveyard, BW-connect torture,graveyard,temple-heart, 1-2 DT, snipe heart with warlocks
2. BW connect Training room-workshop, library
3. open with (stolen) tiny + 1 x DT one room, sacrifice her for trap scouting towards your path to heart, BW connect rooms
4. DD North entrance towards east treasury rooms, BW connect torture chamber-graveyard-heart. 1 DT, 1 Cluck off of guild lair (?)
5. etc.
Dungeon & Gamecenter ID: As Tiny goes by
Campaign walktrough: Battle of the Elements
Kaihawaii
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby eric » Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:10 pm

56% 2* with my L25 Horny, and a borrowed L23 Horny +1 bolster of torture chamber. BW11 Bomb wall in from the right. Cluck off defending immortal + vampire. Trolls + mistress to take Workshop + 50% of Graveyard. DT5 on appropriate traps. BW11 into Torture chamber and across bottom. Let borrowed horny go that way, trolls to take out remaining traps, graveyard, torture chamber. 4x warlock to snipe heart. Colossal incompetence at sending more biles to collect resources since I didn't notice the ghosts who cleaned them up (had mana left over for cluck off). My horny around the outside to collect resources. I got lucky on the boulders and chicken traps, they happened to not kill much (that's usually how my occasional non-DC losses happen -- boulder/chicken takes out both mistresses and I haven't yet cleared the sniping position).

I used my standard stack of 1 skeleton, 23 troll, 4 warlock, 3 bile, 2 necro, 2 mistress + guild of 1 necro, 3 bile, 1 skeleton. All minions are max level.

I hope someday I matter enough that people discuss how to beat me; of course my guild is open so you could just come in and test my dungeon until you find something that works ;)
eric
Upgraded Minion
Upgraded Minion

Postby Hilde » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:40 am

should there not be some kind of outrage against this poster; i do remember there be some kind of outrage against farqueue for posting a video on youtube about arival dungeon.

Not that i care what ppl post just an fyi. :lol:
☠ dead player ☠
Hilde
Keeper
Keeper

Postby far queue » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:31 am

Hilde wrote:should there not be some kind of outrage against this poster; i do remember there be some kind of outrage against farqueue for posting a video on youtube about arival dungeon.

Not that i care what ppl post just an fyi. :lol:

Hehe. Since you mentioned it, I would like to say that I am just like you, in that I don't care what ppl post.

I didn't have to apologise for posting a video of a raid on someone's dungeon because it was my video, on my device, from my DK account, in my youtube account. But I apologised anyway for the sake of a guild not losing a member. Hopefully that guild appreciates it.

In fact, no one has to apologise for posting videos and/or images of anyone's dungeon layout/info BECAUSE:-
1) this forum is full of images of dungeon layouts, trophy, cp, etc.. Lol; and
2) if someone was offended because of a post that allow others to see their traps, then they should tell EA to remove the Scouting Boost feature from the game.

Don't expect anymore apology from me in future coz i will continue to youtube the videos of my raids on others. Hehe

Last edited by far queue on Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
====================================

I USED TO BE INDECISIVE, NOW I AM NOT SURE
My DK videos at: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_XfPS ... pytecvbi0g
far queue
Minion
Minion

Postby far queue » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:42 am

Makany wrote:Please don't reply if your response requires using:
    > Gems. (Either Refill mana or revive immortal)
    > Blostering the dark library with more than 2 imps. [because my imps are busy right now]
    > Using Boosts (any purchasable boost)
    > Using dragon breath to reveal traps.
    > using Tiny by method [simply my Tiny isn't strong enough yet]

I am a little curious. Why would you add a long list of conditions to restrict the way you raid unless you are very confident with your great raiding skill, right?
If yes (in that you have great raiding skill), why do you need to ask others?
If no (in that you suck in raiding), why bother restricting yourself?
:mrgreen:
====================================

I USED TO BE INDECISIVE, NOW I AM NOT SURE
My DK videos at: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_XfPS ... pytecvbi0g
far queue
Minion
Minion

Postby Ravenous » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:26 am

Its in the strategy discussions sections which isnt all that widely read, thats why there is no backlash.

I didnt post a detailed description of how to get an easy 2 stars on this dungeon because Hilde is right, its not really appropriate to single out this guys dungeon, I have nothing against him, I dont even know him. Most dungeons can be beaten in same way or another without wasting gems on the deal, the challenge is to figure it out, Im not sure what the reward is to get the community to figure it out for you, I mean two gems arent that valuable.
List of Polls:Topic order Ascending Topic order Descending
DH 11 / DCR 82 / trophy~5.8k / CP>2.8m / HB>8.6k / Plunder>12.1b
Ravenous
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Next

Return to Strategy Discussions