HOME        ABOUT
FORUMS        FAQ

how to beat smaug

Think you've got the goods? Share your strategies here!

Re: how to beat smaug

Postby Base » Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:18 pm

far queue wrote:
Hilde wrote:should there not be some kind of outrage against this poster; i do remember there be some kind of outrage against farqueue for posting a video on youtube about arival dungeon.

Not that i care what ppl post just an fyi. :lol:

Hehe. Since you mentioned it, I would like to say that I am just like you, in that I don't care what ppl post.

I didn't have to apologise for posting a video of a raid on someone's dungeon because it was my video, on my device, from my DK account, in my youtube account. But I apologised anyway for the sake of a guild not losing a member. Hopefully that guild appreciates it.

In fact, no one has to apologise for posting videos and/or images of anyone's dungeon layout/info BECAUSE:-
1) this forum is full of images of dungeon layouts, trophy, cp, etc.. Lol; and
2) if someone was offended because of a post that allow others to see their traps, then they should tell EA to remove the Scouting Boost feature from the game.

Don't expect anymore apology from me in future coz i will continue to youtube the videos of my raids on others. Hehe

Farqueue,

Only slefish Man doesn't take in account others people comments or points of view.
I think about our different, i was near to think that you r right, but now, i am sure that you don't understand anything.

Take and post all vidéos you want without thinking to anything else than yourself, personaly, i don't care about it.

It's easier copy sentences from sink british actor than thinking by yourself, think about it.

Have a good game
Base
Keeper
Keeper

Postby phloob69 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:46 pm

I would be pleased to find a post dedicated to defeating my dungeon. I hope this guy/gal is too. (Not that my dungeon is all that hard to beat I'm lazy)
EA please don't make me say good bye
phloob69
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby Makany » Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:36 pm

Just to reply to the earlier posts, if you haven't noticed already, there are plenty of similar layouts out there when you start match making and most of which I have to skip due to the level of difficulty required to beat this specific layout. also if you had your immortal stolen by an opponent with layout that is copied on this guy. It would be very likely to have the strategies posted here useful. Or at least give you hints that you didn't glimpse from first sight on this type of layout.
Makany
Upgraded Minion
Upgraded Minion

Postby far queue » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:20 pm

Base wrote:Farqueue,

Only slefish Man doesn't take in account others people comments or points of view.
I think about our different, i was near to think that you r right, but now, i am sure that you don't understand anything.

Take and post all vidéos you want without thinking to anything else than yourself, personaly, i don't care about it.

It's easier copy sentences from sink british actor than thinking by yourself, think about it.

Have a good game

Base, I suppose you may be right that I am selfish because I think only about my rights to upload videos on my device, from my DK game account, in my youtube account.

But wouldn't that also implies that:-
1) people who attempt to restrict me from exercising my right to upload videos are also selfish; and
2) all posts in this forum that contain information of the dungeons and guilds belonging to others are posted by selfish people?

Honestly, I am not sure whose right should take priority. How about we all give some thoughts about this:
"If I don't like to raid with gems, I don't have to do it.
If I don't like others whooping my dungeon's butt with Boost, revive and/or resupply (because I would lose my hard-earned Trophies), I can only make a request to others not to exercise their rights (to raid with gems) by telling them they are affecting my Trophy-count.
It is entirely up to others to whether or not comply with my request. Being offended does not mean anything since anyone can be offended."

=====================================

====================================

I USED TO BE INDECISIVE, NOW I AM NOT SURE
My DK videos at: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_XfPS ... pytecvbi0g
far queue
Minion
Minion

Postby eric » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:16 am

Makany wrote:Just to reply to the earlier posts, if you haven't noticed already, there are plenty of similar layouts out there when you start match making and most of which I have to skip due to the level of difficulty required to beat this specific layout.

Out of curiosity, which layout do you have to skip? At this point, I don't have one anymore, although there are layouts that are much more difficult, and ones that are easier. Difficult = The rooms clustered in the center with a ring road around them, and all the resources in individual paths out to the edge -- it means that my normal technique of using biles to get to 30-40% doesn't work, so horny is much weaker. Second most difficult is the designs like Shaft's (3rd on trophy leaderboard), but they're more common so I'm getting much better at beating them. Easy and delightful are the people that put all their resources around the edges, it's free horny power-ups. Two entrance dungeons can be easy or hard, it's kinda random.

Makany wrote:also if you had your immortal stolen by an opponent with layout that is copied on this guy. It would be very likely to have the strategies posted here useful. Or at least give you hints that you didn't glimpse from first sight on this type of layout.

Heh, I figured almost everyone on the boards had figured out the leave a level 1 immortal out trick, then getting them stolen is rarely a big deal, only gone for 6-8 hrs. I did this for months when I lost pretty much every revenge. I now do it so I don't have to deal with revenge to keep raiding during tournaments.
eric
Upgraded Minion
Upgraded Minion

Postby Base » Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:21 am

Farqueue,

I am not interested by having a long discussion about rights and selfish men with you.

this post was open to speak about smaug's dungeon and not to read our personnal points of view or feelings or stupid citations or pics, by respect for the other members, i Will stop now. If you want to continue this exchange, you can send me a PM or write me on Line.

To conclude, do what you want with your videos and your YouTube account.

Bye

Éric, makany, Phloob69, Ravenous, sorry for the disagreemnet.

Bye
Base
Keeper
Keeper

Postby far queue » Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:14 am

Base wrote:Farqueue,

I am not interested by having a long discussion about rights and selfish men with you.

this post was open to speak about smaug's dungeon and not to read our personnal points of view or feelings or stupid citations or pics, by respect for the other members, i Will stop now. If you want to continue this exchange, you can send me a PM or write me on Line.

To conclude, do what you want with your videos and your YouTube account.

Bye

Éric, makany, Phloob69, Ravenous, sorry for the disagreemnet.

Bye

Base, I was commenting on Hilde's comment earlier (not sure whether you even knew about it), after Hilde told me on Line about this post displaying info of a dungeon belonging to another keeper without that keeper's consent. In case you still don't get it, Hilde was highlighting to me that there seems to be a double-standard applied on me when I youtubed videos of my raids on dungeons of others.

Then you decided to label me as "selfish" because we don't share the same view.

So I had to explain to you that you are not the only person who has the right to enjoy the game the way you like. Many others, like myself, have the right to enjoy the game the way they like, by posting video/images/texts about their raids on the dungeons of others.

Now, you decide to be more disrespectful to me (a fellow keeper in the same alliance with you) by using the word "stupid".

Dude! Chill out! You are taking the game way too seriously and personal.

far queue
Minion
Minion

Postby far queue » Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:15 pm

Makany wrote:Please don't reply if your response requires using:
    > Blostering the dark library with more than 2 imps. [because my imps are busy right now]

When all your imps are free to bolster the Dark Library and you are willing to invest your time to fully upgrade certain spells in future, you may try these two options with only 500 mana (without mana resupply):-

1) OPTION #1: 500 mana + Thunderbolt
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gU1xL6zXm0

2) OPTION #2: 500 mana + Dragon Breath
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8dR0Sjsovo

Between ThunderBolt and Dragon Breath, chose Dragon breath instead because Dragon Breath is stronger than Thunderbolt. The above two methods may not guarantee you a victory, but they will greatly increase your chance of winning against any of the top 10 dungeons in the Trophies-Leaderboard.

=================

For entertainment purposes, have fun watching what 1000 mana can really do and the advantage of using Tiny:-

1) Tiny vs smaug:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMjV9ARLNsQ

2) Disco Ball Technique:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=10557

:mrgreen:

far queue
Minion
Minion

Postby Makany » Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:37 pm

eric wrote:Out of curiosity, which layout do you have to skip?

a) The layout wherein all defensive rooms are clustered near the dungeon heart and having no doors or walls, only 6 BZ towers close to the heart and surrounded by fire, spikes rolling Stones and chicken bombs.
    b) The layout that is having double boarder walls on the heart with all anti warlock traps surrounding the heart and spikes, fire and cannons at the corners of those walls.
    c) The Layout that is having all resource rooms at the very edge of the dungeon with pathways that are seriously consuming more than the raid given time to clear out and each one of them is having a door that is followed by a gap that doesn't enable horny / Swampus to plunder without having to take out the door first. and using bomb wall cannot guarantee much % when you win the raid as you will have to dig alot of connecting paths.

eric wrote:Heh, I figured almost everyone on the boards had figured out the leave a level 1 immortal out trick

One cannot be too careful, you can't swear you never ever forgot to switch immortal and log on to see it was already stolen or even worse it was taken in a revenge attack on you.
Makany
Upgraded Minion
Upgraded Minion

Postby eric » Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:36 am

Makany wrote:a) The layout wherein all defensive rooms are clustered near the dungeon heart and having no doors or walls, only 6 BZ towers close to the heart and surrounded by fire, spikes rolling Stones and chicken bombs.

This one provided I haven't sent too many minions in a single go is pretty easy although it eats up a bit to get the trolls to set off the various consumables. Then DT to clear space for warlocks. I lost one of these because my Horny decided that attacking from next to the heart was a bad idea, but walking around to the other side in range of the torture chamber was good.

Makany wrote:b) The layout that is having double boarder walls on the heart with all anti warlock traps surrounding the heart and spikes, fire and cannons at the corners of those walls.

This one I find easier than the previous because it's predictable. Bomb wall a hole into the center path, dt to make it safe, sometimes bomb wall into the center and let the trolls deal with it.

Makany wrote:c) The Layout that is having all resource rooms at the very edge of the dungeon with pathways that are seriously consuming more than the raid given time to clear out and each one of them is having a door that is followed by a gap that doesn't enable horny / Swampus to plunder without having to take out the door first. and using bomb wall cannot guarantee much % when you win the raid as you will have to dig alot of connecting paths.

This one is really annoying also. I usually win, but at lower %, so tend to skip them as I want resources.

Makany wrote:One cannot be too careful, you can't swear you never ever forgot to switch immortal and log on to see it was already stolen or even worse it was taken in a revenge attack on you.

Nope, costs me a day about every 2-3 months when I get sloppy and forget; hurts less now that I at least have a moderate level Mortimer as a sub.
eric
Upgraded Minion
Upgraded Minion

PreviousNext

Return to Strategy Discussions