HOME        ABOUT
FORUMS        FAQ

how to beat smaug

Think you've got the goods? Share your strategies here!

Re: how to beat smaug

Postby Makany » Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:59 pm

eric wrote:Nope, costs me a day about every 2-3 months when I get sloppy and forget; hurts less now that I at least have a moderate level Mortimer as a sub.

Don't forget about the time you lose connection during a raid to come back that your dungeon is under attack and when you connect back you find out your immortal was taken too.
Makany
Upgraded Minion
Upgraded Minion

Postby ofblong » Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:45 am

Tiny only is all you need. oh and some mana.
ofblong
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby eric » Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:49 am

ofblong wrote:Tiny only is all you need. oh and some mana.

And not panicking; I watched a keeper attack my dungeon with tiny, carefully disable some anti air after the first attack and some other traps. then drive the tiny into one of my UR mines, activate the second set of anti-air, then drive their tiny to the guild house where the ghosts ate her.

You could almost hear the "ahh panic panic panic panic" from the first set of moves.
eric
Upgraded Minion
Upgraded Minion

Postby Westeros » Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:53 am

Apparently one of the toughest dungeons out there, yet all you need is Tiny... and Tiny isn't overpowered?? Hmmm...
Dungeons: Westeros - For the night is dark and full of terrors
Essos - Even a small dungeon can cast a very large shadow
Guilds: Chaos Theory - Practicing chaos c. 2014
Chaos Nursery - Fostering chaos for the future
Westeros
Keeper
Keeper

Postby far queue » Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:34 pm

Westeros wrote:Apparently one of the toughest dungeons out there, yet all you need is Tiny... and Tiny isn't overpowered?? Hmmm...

I don't know about whether or not Tiny is overpowered but Swampus and Horny is as good as Tiny. All these three Immortals are equally good at maxed level. The reason why the victory seems easy with Tiny is because the attacker is an experience keeper. Once you know the tricks, any of these three Immortals will seem to be overpowered. See the brief comparison of these three Immortals at:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=10654
====================================

I USED TO BE INDECISIVE, NOW I AM NOT SURE
My DK videos at: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_XfPS ... pytecvbi0g
far queue
Minion
Minion

Postby ofblong » Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:21 am

Westeros wrote:

Apparently one of the toughest dungeons out there, yet all you need is Tiny... and Tiny isn't overpowered?? Hmmm...

Toughest??? I hardly think so. This dungeon was easy without tiny. By easy I mean heart kill not 100% demolition. Tiny is by no means over powered. She in reality is under powered a ton. Without Mana she is useless. Making her not at all powerful.
ofblong
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby phloob69 » Fri Aug 07, 2015 6:52 am

I agree outside of baby's tiny can't win without mana. Where I once in a while get a 0 mana 1 star wth my 35 swampus. Dcr 90+
EA please don't make me say good bye
phloob69
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby Westeros » Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:25 am

ofblong wrote:
Westeros wrote:

Toughest??? I hardly think so. This dungeon was easy without tiny. By easy I mean heart kill not 100% demolition. Tiny is by no means over powered. She in reality is under powered a ton. Without Mana she is useless. Making her not at all powerful.

To be clear, I absolutely wouldn't say it was one of the toughest bases, but there is a thread dedicated to beating it, so obviously some regard this as a tough base.
I was just musing about how a base that is considered 'tough' can be beaten with just Tiny and a bit of mana, yet in the same breath it's claimed that Tiny is underpowered.
Dungeons: Westeros - For the night is dark and full of terrors
Essos - Even a small dungeon can cast a very large shadow
Guilds: Chaos Theory - Practicing chaos c. 2014
Chaos Nursery - Fostering chaos for the future
Westeros
Keeper
Keeper

Postby ofblong » Sat Aug 08, 2015 4:38 am

Westeros wrote:
ofblong wrote:
Westeros wrote:

To be clear, I absolutely wouldn't say it was one of the toughest bases, but there is a thread dedicated to beating it, so obviously some regard this as a tough base.
I was just musing about how a base that is considered 'tough' can be beaten with just Tiny and a bit of mana, yet in the same breath it's claimed that Tiny is underpowered.

and I pointed out why. I have seen people take swampus with a mistress or 2 and destroy a dungeon without one ounce of mana spent. Tiny it is RARE to not HAVE to use mana. by rare I mean all AA and bug zappers in the path of tiny are upgrading so dont get activated OR there is 1 AA not leveled past lvl 1 (in case of my lvl 35... 32 and lower doesnt work) requiring no mana but leaving very little after destroying the heart. Either instance of no mana is EXTREMELY rare. by rare I mean 1 in 70 dungeons this might work on.
ofblong
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby Enternity » Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:54 am

No offense but I found this thread pretty amused
Enternity

PreviousNext

Return to Strategy Discussions