HOME        ABOUT
FORUMS        FAQ

How do immortals decide where to attack

Think you've got the goods? Share your strategies here!

How do immortals decide where to attack

Postby eric » Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:40 am

So I just watched my L24 Mortimer almost die (90%) to a vampire by spending the entire time attacking the graveyard rather than the 1 hit to the vampire. In the past I've watched Horny enter the heart and go "I don't like this part, I'll walk around to the other side where the torture chamber and traps are."

Does anyone understand how the immortals decide to attack? I have no idea.
eric
Upgraded Minion
Upgraded Minion

Re: How do immortals decide where to attack

Postby purgatoria » Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:55 am

While I can't speak to the ignoring an attacking minion, the rooms have their attack positions. Once the minions occupying said spots have died, the spots are still taken prompting the new arrival immortal or minion to wander through and take unnecessary damage until they reach the next unclaimed spot.
purgatoria
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby Westeros » Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:10 am

Yeah Immortals do tend to sometimes ignore an attacking minion, really not sure why. If it happens just redirect your immortal and he should snap out of it and defend itself.
Dungeons: Westeros - For the night is dark and full of terrors
Essos - Even a small dungeon can cast a very large shadow
Guilds: Chaos Theory - Practicing chaos c. 2014
Chaos Nursery - Fostering chaos for the future
Westeros
Keeper
Keeper

Postby Hilde » Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:32 pm

but still this should get a fix, who can handle all its minions all the time.
Ive seen mort go down from vamps a lot like that.
☠ dead player ☠
Hilde
Keeper
Keeper

Postby pitofdespair » Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:31 am

Happens when the attacking minion has a longer range than the target. Redirect your immortal to walk in range of the attacker and it will respond.

It would be nice if every minion responded when attacked my another minion I guess, for consistency. But once you understand how it works, you can use it to your advantage as well.
Bruce Campbells Army of Darkness - an open lv 40 guild for casual players of all levels who want to develop their dungeons and get Dreadstone in tournaments
pitofdespair
Keeper
Keeper

Postby Keithustus » Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:02 pm

There was a thread that numbered the spaces that are assigned to each minion/immortal as they target a room. The first space where they entered is 1, then 2 and 3 to its sides, then 4 and 5 to the sides of those, etc. Immortals don't attack minions if they're already hitting a room so redirect them to another room and they'll almost always attack it, then redirect them back.
Keithustus
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Return to Strategy Discussions