HOME        ABOUT
FORUMS        FAQ

Advice on Defense for my level 9 please!

Think you've got the goods? Share your strategies here!

Advice on Defense for my level 9 please!

Postby MorganM » Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:39 am

Pics of my dungeon:
https://plus.google.com/117744515396916 ... xYVE6ZPBba

Quite frustrated with this dungeon; in fact I hate it. So if you have a total redesign in mind don't be shy! I'm open to anything at this point.

I'm very, very, reluctant to add more rooms. If you suggest more rooms please tell me why! What purpose do they serve, how will they actually improve my defensive capability? I find most rooms are a liability that I have to try and mitigate vs. whatever benefit they bring. Also tell me where it should go or how it should be used. For example is it best to pair it up with another room? Good to keep it adjacent to heart or put it further out along a corridor?

How do you build a defense with all the mines claimed?! I feel like there's too many attack vectors and I don't have enough defensive capabilities to cover them all. There's just no where to hide! At any given spot some room is close to a dang attack entry point! Really wish I had just stuck with 2 mines and paid for everything with raid loot. I have no problem racking up a couple million in gold and stone from raiding.

I have all this AA and still get dunked on by Tiny. I have 4 AA placed to cover the heart + inner path. That thing being upgraded in the lower left corner (4d 10h) is an AA trap. I have 2 UR MINEs right by my heart in opposite corners of the AA along with 5 Bug Zappers, 5 Ice, and 3 mushrooms... yet I still get 'hearted' by a high level Tiny fairly regularly. They usually disable one corner of my traps by the heart and it's game over.

What's funny is this design is vast improvement over my last one. I was loosing almost every attack for months; my design was just trash. I'd tweak it almost every day but it didn't matter. Then I built this spiral and now I win about 3/4 of the attacks against me. So it's getting better but I know there's room for improvement.

I just can't see how to make it better and hope a fresh set of eyes can help. I don't want to add some more rooms, not know really how to use them, or if I need them, and then realize later I screwed up because... there's no do-overs here. I already feel like my dungeon is fatally flawed since I claimed all the mines! I don't want to make similar mistakes.
MorganM

Re: Advice on Defense for my level 9 please!

Postby Base » Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:20 am

What is your guild ?
Base
Keeper
Keeper

Postby MorganM » Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:53 pm

I'm not in a guild
MorganM

Postby Base » Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:11 pm

Join me in benedict the dragon, it Will be easier to speak
Base
Keeper
Keeper

Postby MorganM » Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:17 pm

Sure! How do I do that? =)
MorganM

Postby Base » Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:00 pm

Click on the white flag on the right and on the icôn search. Search guil " benedict the dragon"
Base
Keeper
Keeper

Postby MorganM » Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:08 pm

I don't have a guild hall yet =)

I'll build one in a few hours when an imp frees up!
MorganM

Postby Base » Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:09 pm

You have a guild lair? It's necessary for joining a guild
Base
Keeper
Keeper

Postby Base » Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:10 pm

:D

Ok, good!
Base
Keeper
Keeper

Postby MorganM » Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:08 pm

"Dungeon of Boom" just joined your guild =^.^=
MorganM

Next

Return to Strategy Discussions