HOME        ABOUT
FORUMS        FAQ

Dungeon Build Guide

Think you've got the goods? Share your strategies here!

Re: Dungeon Build Guide

Postby johnz45 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:33 pm

spcbrass wrote:
johnz45 wrote:For example, you have a room where there is only 1 entrance. Then you plug that entrance with a zapper or antiair. Opponent wouldn't know which way to enter the room when planning strategy.

The oddity is that trolls tend to sniff out these traps and go for them right away after they have taken down any canons in the area. I have seen this tactic used before, and in both cases the trolls have helped me to find the obvious path without much work at all. Only once was I overwhelmed by this strategy, but it cost the keeper 4 bug zappers to do the job. I sniped my way in using a couple of warlocks and tried to unleash a troll rush, had I release trolls 1 at a time or staggered them one after another I would have beaten this trap by using one troll to draw the shock and the second to break the trap. Then 2 draw the second shock of trap #2 while the 3rd troll breaks it. 5 trolls, 4 traps, pretty simple to neutralize if you are patient (most keepers aren't!)

Yep, it works initially during planning as you have to guess which way to deploy your trolls if it's not obvious. It's also better to do this on the inner parts of the dungeon.
johnz45
Upgraded Minion
Upgraded Minion

Postby Punkist » Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:31 pm

I think this warrants debate, I'm trying not to duplicate the builds here. The build scpbrass is talking about seems like a traps galore, the one johnz is talking about is putting an undiscovered trap to cover an entrance to confuse enemies

The thing is I'm not convinced at this moment that putting 1 or 2 undiscovered traps at an entrance becomes a viable build unless it is proven sufficiently effective. Right now, gobs just seek and bust straight through the undiscovered traps. A player might be confused but those gobs certainly aren't ;)
Punkist
Upgraded Minion
Upgraded Minion

Postby spcbrass » Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:53 pm

Punkist wrote:I think this warrants debate, I'm trying not to duplicate the builds here. The build scpbrass is talking about seems like a traps galore, the one johnz is talking about is putting an undiscovered trap to cover an entrance to confuse enemies

The thing is I'm not convinced at this moment that putting 1 or 2 undiscovered traps at an entrance becomes a viable build unless it is proven sufficiently effective. Right now, gobs just seek and bust straight through the undiscovered traps. A player might be confused but those gobs certainly aren't ;)

The build I saw was more of an optical illusion. A whole section of buildings with no clear path to get into them. Which tells me it has been sealed off using hidden traps at some point along the double walls I saw around the edge of those rooms. I figured that I would backdoor it and bust out through those traps after clearing those rooms. The keeper covered his backdoor with bug zappers which means he covered the front with anti air. The 4 rooms in the build were all max level treasuries and stone storage. This was good deception on the keepers part, but a strategy that can be combated next time if I'm not so overzealous.
Ninja Rocket Surgeon

Don Quixote wrote:Finally, from so little sleeping and so much reading, his brain dried up and he went completely out of his mind.

Device: HTC One
Game Version: tu3.1.0.69.248444
spcbrass
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby Grimgor » Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:10 pm

What johnz45 said is true it better to have them on the inner of your dungeon so trolls can't just snipe cause they will find them. Also it best used with multiple rooms as you can create a path that spans the map. Making it alot harder to guess the entrance over 1 room.
Grimgor
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby Punkist » Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:40 pm

Hi Guys, I've decided not to input the Hidden Paths Strat, my thinking is that the Scouting Buff is readily/frequently available whenever someone attacks you. My Scouting Buff is on almost 24/7 save for the time I'm sleeping whereby someone usually causes a cave in. This makes the Hidden Paths Strat somewhat nullified and impracticle.
Punkist
Upgraded Minion
Upgraded Minion

Postby Punkist » Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:37 am

Added section (d) on dungeon discussion
Punkist
Upgraded Minion
Upgraded Minion

Postby Happyville » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:58 pm

I'm not sure If I just missed it on the list but overlapping compartments. Or dividing your dungeon into cells would be another build. Currently my dungeon I'd dividend into 3 divided compartments with defences overlapping. I'd say weakness are sniping and multiple 3x3 bomb walls however with sufficient overlap it's possible to delay sniping until to late. This build is mor efficient at defending resources than heart.

My 3 part dungeon (everything is mid low-mid level.

https://imageshack.com/i/5gq42kj
Happyville

Postby Grottan » Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:25 pm

Happyville wrote:I'm not sure If I just missed it on the list but overlapping compartments. Or dividing your dungeon into cells would be another build. Currently my dungeon I'd dividend into 3 divided compartments with defences overlapping. I'd say weakness are sniping and multiple 3x3 bomb walls however with sufficient overlap it's possible to delay sniping until to late. This build is mor efficient at defending resources than heart.

My 3 part dungeon (everything is mid low-mid level.

https://imageshack.com/i/5gq42kj

I'd say the opposite. Your heart is fairly well protected but your resource rooms are very exposed. It looks well defended against a melee unit rush without bombs but almost every single one is very vulnerable to a Ghost or Warlock attack. The strategy I would use if I attacked you (though I'm level 5 so I couldn't get to).

* Ghost at top left will kill your top left Gold.

* Bile Demon and/or Skeletons at top kills top right gold.

* One 1x1 bomb wall + 2 warlocks kills bottom right Stone.

* One 1x1 bomb wall + 3 warlocks kills top right stone after gold is dead (digging one step to the right to be outside of Torture Chamber range.

* One Ghost at bottom maybe kills bottom left gold, not sure if he would go for poison trap even if summoned at bottom left square. Alternatively two 1x1 Bombs and Warlocks, though it's possible they might go for hatchery. Maybe safer to go for Training Room from other directions and then a few Skeletons to take out the Gold.

Either way, if the bottom left strategy works out I'm fairly confident that I as a level 5 keeper could destroy every single resource room in your dungeon using only half my supply and mana. I would never dream of trying to assault your heart, but there's little need to as destroying all the resource rooms gives a victory by itself afaik.
Grottan
Upgraded Minion
Upgraded Minion

Postby Punkist » Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:52 pm

Grottan wrote:
I'd say the opposite. Your heart is fairly well protected but your resource rooms are very exposed. It looks well defended against a melee unit rush without bombs but almost every single one is very vulnerable to a Ghost or Warlock attack. The strategy I would use if I attacked you (though I'm level 5 so I couldn't get to).

* One 1x1 bomb wall + 3 warlocks kills top right stone after gold is dead (digging one step to the right to be outside of Torture Chamber range.

* One Ghost at bottom maybe kills bottom left gold, not sure if he would go for poison trap even if summoned at bottom left square. Alternatively two 1x1 Bombs and Warlocks, though it's possible they might go for hatchery. Maybe safer to go for Training Room from other directions and then a few Skeletons to take out the Gold.

Either way, if the bottom left strategy works out I'm fairly confident that I as a level 5 keeper could destroy every single resource room in your dungeon using only half my supply and mana. I would never dream of trying to assault your heart, but there's little need to as destroying all the resource rooms gives a victory by itself afaik.

I'll try to answer point by point

Top left blocked by workshop and 2xaa
Top right blocked by ghosts from guild room (btw no spawn point on top right)
Bottom right stone path laden with spike, move in 1 range u will be hit by torture chamber
Bottom left gold covered by 2xaa

Btw the objective is to minimize loss and stop drive bys, there is no way to stop total loss with 8 storages
Punkist
Upgraded Minion
Upgraded Minion

Postby Grottan » Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:08 pm

Punkist wrote:
Grottan wrote:

I'll try to answer point by point

Top left blocked by workshop and 2xaa
Top right blocked by ghosts from guild room (btw no spawn point on top right)
Bottom right stone path laden with spike, move in 1 range u will be hit by torture chamber
Bottom left gold covered by 2xaa

Btw the objective is to minimize loss and stop drive bys, there is no way to stop total loss with 8 storages

I was responding to Happyville suggestion of a 3 compartment dungeon, not your ones :?
Grottan
Upgraded Minion
Upgraded Minion

PreviousNext

Return to Strategy Discussions