HOME        ABOUT
FORUMS        FAQ

Dungeon Build Guide

Think you've got the goods? Share your strategies here!

Re: Dungeon Build Guide

Postby Punkist » Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:18 pm

Ah ok haha sorry, doing things concurrently got confused :cry: :cry:
Punkist
Upgraded Minion
Upgraded Minion

Postby Happyville » Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:01 am

My dungeon is mid lvl and used as a flawed example. I'm saying it should be included in the list since I have seen higher dungeons divided up to minimize % loss and force bombs
Happyville

Postby LeftCoaster » Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:21 pm

Here's my dungeon. I have a little "Captain Obvious" at the top, but then the bottom is designed to be the most tempting entry point for someone who thinks their too smart to plow through the North Access, then the south path takes them through a lot of traps.

The problem I'm having now, is at my level, a couple enemies now have a 5x5 bomb, which is nearly indefensible without more super wall blocks, which start at 1.6 million stone each.

Anyway, anyone see any way to improve this dungeon?

EDIT: Embedding the image doesn't seem to resize it, so here's the direct link http://imageshack.com/a/img829/7648/x55v.png

LeftCoaster

Postby Daemonizer » Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:01 pm

LeftCoaster wrote:... anyone see any way to improve this dungeon?

Well, yes, in a way. Seeing this view reminded me... :roll:

This game has great potential, largely due to the amazing graphics and the detailed rooms.

Unfortunately, we're not allowed to see some of the rooms because the icons floating above the rooms RUIN THE VIEW.

I'm not talking about the timers, they're a necessary intrusion. I'm talking about the control shortcuts that ADD NOTHING to the game because (it seems Mythic has forgotten) we can TAP THE ROOM to bring up a panel that allows us access to the controls for that room.

These shortcuts INTERFERE with my fingers when I try to Slide or Zoom the view, so they aren't just visual disruptions, they actively spoil the interface.

I want to see the realistic dungeon, not a control panel. I don't need bouncing green arrows to remind me of potential upgrades. I don't appreciate the Heart being obscured. Or the WorkShop or Immortals. And in my own dungeon, I especially don't want to see my dragon flying underneath a floating carpet with a roasting turkey on it. That is not, in any way, an addition to the visual effects. It's just plain annoying, and very poor interface design.

The bouncing shortcuts help access a rare activity with a single tap instead of two. Big deal. Whoever asked for this must have been a developer who is paid to play the game all day long and got tired of needing two taps to start an upgrade and having to remember which rooms were capable of being upgraded. Real players know their dungeon, and get to know it better, by opening the main panel for each room.

The ROOMS ARE BUTTONS and don't require a BUTTON bouncing over them.

One tap instead of two is a puny saving for such a terrible cost.

Mythic, please help LeftCoaster "improve his dungeon" by removing these unnecessary bouncing shortcuts.
------------------------------------------------------------
Daemon, Oct 17 2013
Daemonizer
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby Kave » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:35 pm

I have 4 imps and I didn't buy gem is that good?

In my setup I have an outer ring and a inner MALL a mall is just a bunch of rooms connected...so the minions walk around the ring to get to the point that they enter the mall and get blasted away by my traps.

You didn't mention malling your dungeon. (Turning it into a mall which I explained before)

All I use is 1 treasury and 1 warehouse upgraded to lv9. I find this helpful because it give me a TON of room to make double or triple thick walls.

If you find any of this odd, cool or interesting, please respond :)
Dungeon: Kave
Guild: Fluffy Bunnies!(Top 100))
Guild recruitment page: N/A
Kave
Minion
Minion

Postby Punkist » Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:32 pm

haha u should be able to defend quite well with only 2 x storages, keep it up! Show me your setup when u get more storages :)
Punkist
Upgraded Minion
Upgraded Minion

Postby Deep death » Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:20 pm

I have come to believe that the best dungeons have all the defensive stuff on the inside and treasuries on the outside so their troops will be destroyed while they take treasure. Anyone else with me?
Deep death
Minion
Minion

Postby Daemonizer » Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:00 pm

Pretty much agree on this.

The game is "supposed" to be about defending the Heart, so I try to make my Heart secure with a long hard path from the portals. But DK is also about raiding resources for upgrades. Right now, Gold is cheap and Stone is precious. Using strong Treasury to slow raids down can be very useful... but... if you leave Warehouses easy to enter, I won't even want your Heart until every Warehouse is empty. I will gladly suffer losses to get stone.

It's this kind of complication that makes it one of the best Tower Defense games, even with all the fuss we make about annoying changes. It is becoming more of a Raid than a Defense strategy game, but we still have to plan to protect.

Struggle is more fun than surrender. :D
------------------------------------------------------------
Daemon, Oct 17 2013
Daemonizer
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby Treetop » Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:24 am

After playing. clash of clans and galaxy factions ive learnt one major stratergy that prevents higher level guys taking all your loot. I upgrade everything to the fullest before I upgrade my heart. So at the moment im on level 4 heart, and all my traps are at least level 6. Yes another 5 mil stone is need to upgrade all traps to max, yet when I have been attached no more than 35k is stolen from me. P.s this game will always have to much gold than you can use...
Treetop

Postby calimadadian » Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:11 pm

for those of us still learning the game, would anyone mind showing an example of each or linking somewhere that has already posted them. Words are very helpful, but you know the saying, an image is worth a 1000 words...
calimadadian

PreviousNext

Return to Strategy Discussions