HOME        ABOUT
FORUMS        FAQ

What strength non-tourney dungeons do you target? (poll)

Think you've got the goods? Share your strategies here!

What strength non-tourney dungeons do you target?

Much stronger/more advanced dungeons
3%
Moderately stronger/more advanced dungeons
3%
Dungeons of comparable strength and advancement
10%
Moderately weaker/less advanced dungeons
7%
Much weaker/less advanced dungeons
7%
It varies a lot
31%
Strength/advancement of dungeon is mostly disregarded if other criteria are met (e.g. sufficient resources raidable)
34%
Don't know/no opinion/other
3%

Total votes : 29

What strength non-tourney dungeons do you target? (poll)

Postby Lord Keeper of Kobol » Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:24 am

Outside of tournaments and blitz tournaments, what strength dungeons do you target? (vote changing enabled)

It is well-known that Keepers will frequently avoid attacking dungeons where there are insufficient resources to make the attack worthwhile so please assume sufficient resources are available and the decision is only to be made based on strength.
Lord Keeper of Kobol
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Re: What strength non-tourney dungeons do you target? (poll)

Postby Kaihawaii » Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:14 am

I usually do only revenge raids outside tournaments. likely more advanced with wall levels 9 or 10.

raid target priority:
1. kill heart
2. steal immortal
3. 2 or 3 star win
4. kill guild minions
5. steal ressources
6. force trap reload

If it is a serious sandbagger:
1. counter-sandbag and lose
2. steal immortal
4. kill guild minions
Dungeon & Gamecenter ID: As Tiny goes by
Campaign walktrough: Battle of the Elements
Kaihawaii
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby phloob69 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:28 pm

Of course ridiculous high resources. But whatever I come across that looks interesting. About once every other week I'll come across a dungeon that I think "wow that can't be beaten" so I throw everything at it to find out.
EA please don't make me say good bye
phloob69
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby Ravenous » Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:57 am

Its a shame this poll doesnt say usually target, or the highest you target. Also a shame that the varies a lot option is there. This could have been interesting, it would have told us then whether people are sick of hitting cakewalk dungeons or whether like they like winning all the time.
List of Polls:Topic order Ascending Topic order Descending
DH 11 / DCR 82 / trophy~5.8k / CP>2.8m / HB>8.6k / Plunder>12.1b
Ravenous
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby Dred » Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:23 pm

I haven't really been raiding outside of tournaments tbh. I've been working on anti air traps which have a long upgrade time so during tournaments I get the resources to start 5 of them, fill my coffers, and upgrade walls as my stone starts overflowing. Once the tournament is over I start an upgrade that will finish before the Friday event raid and repeat the cycle. During the week I donate and withdraw from the guild lair and level spells in campaign.
Dred
Upgraded Minion
Upgraded Minion

Postby Ravenous » Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:56 pm

Dred wrote:I haven't really been raiding outside of tournaments tbh. I've been working on anti air traps which have a long upgrade time so during tournaments I get the resources to start 5 of them, fill my coffers, and upgrade walls as my stone starts overflowing. Once the tournament is over I start an upgrade that will finish before the Friday event raid and repeat the cycle. During the week I donate and withdraw from the guild lair and level spells in campaign.

Sounds like "dont raid outside of tournies". Should replace "varies a lot", I bet a LOT of people do that too.

With only 11 votes, not a lot would be lost from the change. OP?
Ravenous
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby Lord Keeper of Kobol » Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:37 am

I did consider posting a comment about 24 hours earlier but thought it would be wise to give extra consideration to things first.

I did consider omitting the "It varies a lot" option at the time of initiating the poll. Generally speaking, I dislike the response of "It depends" to any question. The response "It depends" is applicable to any question and gives hardly any information at all.

My final motivation for including it was not a very good one. I included it to avoid Keepers commenting that "It depends (a lot)". I did not anticipate that including the option would cause objections but this just shows how unpredictable life is and that one should be prepared for unanticipated occurrences.

Having given some further thought to things, I would urge Keepers not to choose the "It varies a lot" option because it gives very little information; and if you have already chosen it, it is worth considering again if one of the other options is more appropriate. This being said, I think that having the "It varies a lot" option is valuable because some Keepers might find that this is the most appropriate response, rightly or wrongly, and it would do them a disservice to omit the response they find the most appropriate. Human beings vary greatly but I think it better to err on the side of freedom than to place limitations on freedoms (e.g. I don't think that mass surveillance is justified and it has been disappointing that the NSA, CIA and other agencies have not only been behaving unconstitutionally in the last decade but they have also been violating international law and have been inciting and conspiring with other previously well-respected western beacons of freedom and human rights to do the same).
Lord Keeper of Kobol
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby Ravenous » Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:17 am

I had answered it as though the changes had been made, but the truth is, it does vary a lot. Mainly because of the ten free gems per day, I may hit a weaker D to get those out of the way, or if I am short of something I will target that. My answer is the honest answer to the question as asked now. :-/
Ravenous
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby Dred » Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:20 pm

After more consideration I chose "Dungeons of comparable strength." On the rare occasion where I do raid outside of tournaments it is typically a revenge raid to clear out a revenge quest which means fighting a Dread level dungeon. If I'm looking for resources to put my imps to work and not doing a revenge attack then the dungeons I fight usually end up being slightly weaker than mine due to my trophy level being artificially low. I'm not particularly picky when it comes to dungeon strength during the week since I don't mind using 500 mana or letting my immortal get knocked out. That means I fight anyone with a lot of available loot.

Its not that I don't enjoy raiding its just that I hate topping out on resources during tournaments, and I am also focusing a lot on donations/withdrawals (especially vampires) to level up my guild.
Dred
Upgraded Minion
Upgraded Minion

Postby Hilde » Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:19 am

these days i try to attack only+1 dungeon so i dont go up too fast
☠ dead player ☠
Hilde
Keeper
Keeper

Next

Return to Strategy Discussions