HOME        ABOUT
FORUMS        FAQ

All things considered, is Horny or Swampus more effective?

Think you've got the goods? Share your strategies here!

Horny
32%
Swampus
32%
Both are equally effective, all things considered
19%
Some other opinion (entered in the comments below)
13%
Don't know/no opinion
3%

Total votes : 31

Postby Lord Keeper of Kobol » Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:53 am

All things considered, is Horny or Swampus more effective? (vote changing enabled)
Lord Keeper of Kobol
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Re: All things considered, is Horny or Swampus more effectiv

Postby jentinma » Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:51 pm

It depends.

Swampus is great early to help clear stuff out, and he survives forever.

Horny is great in the mid to late raid to hit high with high damage and finish things off.

Overall, it is a difference in style.
The Generic Signature:
Insert obligatory complaint here.
Guild Name: Guild Level
DH Level ??
General Taunting
jentinma
Minion
Minion

Postby Daemonizer » Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:15 pm

I'm with Swampus because Horny is incredibly fragile in the early stages, where having almost any Immortal other than Horny can be important. Swampus has a wide swing, like Horny, that can take out more than he targets, so he destroys zappers while pounding on a door. Horny wouldn't last long enough to open that hole.

If we could see the dungeon before we choose the Immortal, Horny would be more popular. Bombwall first & Horny later is terrific in the right circumstances. But you can't keep going if you don't get going.
------------------------------------------------------------
Daemon, Oct 17 2013
Daemonizer
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby phloob69 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:18 pm

jentinma wrote:It depends.

Horny is great in the mid to late raid to hit high with high damage and finish things off.

Exactly
EA please don't make me say good bye
phloob69
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby ZoD » Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:10 pm

I've seen Swampus destroy rooms behind a level 10 door without bothering to open the door first.
As mentioned above, it's really a matter of timing and play style; Swampus is better for early, Horny for later.
The best of both worlds is to capture one or the other. Using both is great because Swampus does enough damage early to make it worthwhile to drop Horny...
ZoD

Postby Grimgor » Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:02 am

jentinma wrote:It depends.

+1
Grimgor
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby Black Crag » Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:36 am

I favour Horny more and more. It's not that hard to find dungeons with resource rooms you can target early with Biles or Warlocks while you blast a hole with BW and send in the first Troll wave. From 20-30% Horny's damage gets really spectacular and it just keeps adding up.

That said, every 10 raids or so I'll make a mistake or get surprised by better-than-expected defences and Horny gets knocked out. Then I'll default to Old Reliable.
Leader of the Crooked Moon guild (level 40, 6 bracket victories). Find us in game and join, or read our recruitment topic here.
Black Crag
Keeper
Keeper

Postby rivas » Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:17 pm

While swampus is a tank his damage is too low, is more effective on tresuries if they are stacked. I have both same lvl 20 and i choose Horny for 1 little detail, he gets things done, when everyone is dead i drop him and he finishes the job, and even if he encounters zappers/Freezers he would be that heated up that most of the times he will keep attacking and destroying everything arround him and in his path even while being zapped/freezed. Swampus in this case would get zapped forever and never die but never dealing damage eather

anyway i wouldnt say is better. i think they are all good and very balanced, except for mortimer. It is like a horny in attack power but without that semi immunity to zappers

The only thing that could mortimer balanced like the others would be if he had more power throwing minions out.. because right now he only does that a few times and usually he gets knocked out by the same minions he is supposed to thow away
ImageSolo brackets won: 4. Sandbagger and mother of 2 baby dungeons. Guilds: Element Zero, KAOS, Wartroll, The Dungeon Kings
Dungeon Keeper: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... S27gsDvucZ
rivas
Keeper
Keeper

Postby Oubliette Mwa-ha-ha! » Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:40 pm

Yuh,
It depends - life's a bucket load easier if u use the right tool for the job at hand (;

I lean towards Swampus but Horny's much more satisfying in action.
Sprinkle either/both with MzStress to taste (;
Guild: Mwa-ha-ha!
Oubliette Mwa-ha-ha!
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Return to Strategy Discussions