HOME        ABOUT
FORUMS        FAQ

Dealing with Tiny

Think you've got the goods? Share your strategies here!

Dealing with Tiny

Postby Abster » Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:11 am

First of all, EA still needs to fix its matchmaking system for raids. Twice today I was attacked by keepers that had TWICE the trophy points as mine (I'm only running 3700) All they needed was Tiny and a max level disable trap and nothing could stop them from having a heart kill delivered to them on a silver plate. Even putting all the bug zappers and anti-airs in the world around my heart is useless since they can disable a total of 18 traps if needed. There were probably topics about Tiny before but I'm too stubborn to look up topics about them. I'll get U.R mines eventually when I can get enough exclusive raids in the next year or so. In the meantime, aside from having the dark library/torture chamber parked right next to the heart, what other ways can a high level Tiny be dealt with?

Also, is it just me or does the mistress need a nerfing? There is currently no limit to the number of minions she can buff, and when buffed, said minions are immune to the slowdown/stop effects of freeze traps/bug zappers. If this is to be kept like this, how about a limit to how many minions she can buff that increase by her level?
The horned reaper is worried. EA, free me from your greed and put me in a better game!
Abster
Minion
Minion

Re: Dealing with Tiny

Postby gargarog » Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:07 am

I think matchmaking issues are felt even stronger because you can choose who you attack. As a result, in general all attackers will tend to pick weaker dungeons, this is true at all game levels and you seem to forget that at dread level you're basically among the big big fish so you're bound to meet trouble.
As for the mistress yes I would also like that the number of minions she can boost should be a function of her level, this would match the necro's tumb rising capabilities.
Mistresses are probably the most essential minions, I find myself in trouble when I can't raid with one and for example lately she was killed very early on by a chicken bomb and the raid ended on a painful 51%. It's good that she's long to summon, double mistress raids are very nasty.
Guild: Lightsbane - Level 34

Typically ranking 25-29 ... join and get your share!
Seats available.
gargarog
Keeper
Keeper

Postby Abster » Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:29 pm

The way I go about killing off a mistress is knowing she'll almost always be grouped with about 10 or so trolls. Since trolls ignore non hostile rooms I try to lure her into a spring trap.

In other news I was Tiny trolled again. They brought along a captured Horny to make sure my added traps were just as useless as before.
The horned reaper is worried. EA, free me from your greed and put me in a better game!
Abster
Minion
Minion

Postby purgatoria » Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:42 pm

So the first tiney nerf wasn't enough for you, you'd like to see all the time and trouble people went through to lvl her to 30 be completely wasted? You haven't made it that far and think that its unfair that others have? You haven't fully lvled dt so it should be nerfed again? Adapt your strategy and quit whining.
purgatoria
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby Ravenous » Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:58 pm

Poor_Loser wrote:I will quit whining when you quit winning.

List of Polls:Topic order Ascending Topic order Descending
DH 11 / DCR 82 / trophy~5.8k / CP>2.8m / HB>8.6k / Plunder>12.1b
Ravenous
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby Robot » Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:30 pm

Abster wrote:
In other news I was Tiny trolled again. They brought along a captured Horny to make sure my added traps were just as useless as before.

I'm not really sure why you feel this only applies to Tiny. Anyone with a high level Swampus or Mortimer could just as easily decimate your dungeon if they also refilled mana. Whether it's 18 disable traps or max lightning and bomb wall, you will never stop a high level attacker who is willing to spend gems to beat you.
Free Beer

A level 40, top 100 Guild through absolutely no fault of our own! :lol:

Want to join us? We have openings and all players are welcome.
Robot
Upgraded Minion
Upgraded Minion

Postby Lord Keeper of Kobol » Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:31 am

To a large extent, the design of one's dungeon influences the types of attack that a Keeper sees in the list of replays.

I think for many Keepers, the main type of raid they see will be ground-based with a core body of trolls because this combination is good for a variety of dungeon types.

In order to get predominantly Tiny-bys in the replays, one must have a design which causes troll-based Keepers to next you and cause you to be chosen by Tiny-by Keepers.

In order to get more ground-based attacks, I recommend keeping resources around to attract ground raids (assuming there is no fraud regarding how much incoming Keepers see is raidable), ensuring ground raids are lured in by feigned ground-weakness and ensure all spots where Tiny can attack the heart from are covered by air-attacking rooms.

It has rightly been noted that traps can be disabled so bug zappers and AAs are no good for causing Tiny-users to next you. Traps can only be used as an added deterrence. The primary way to cause a Tiny-by-Keeper to next you is to have the torture chamber, dark library, workshop and dark temple evenly spaced around the heart to cover the spots where Tiny park herself.
Lord Keeper of Kobol
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby Grimgor » Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:13 am

If you buff your library your can cast 4 disable traps for a total of 12 disabled traps plus mana refill for another 12.

Another note it is not good idea to group all of your AA traps together because once they cast disable trap they have to disable 3 trap before they can move tiny or deploy more troops.
Grimgor
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby Abster » Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:40 am

purgatoria wrote:So the first tiney nerf wasn't enough for you, you'd like to see all the time and trouble people went through to lvl her to 30 be completely wasted? You haven't made it that far and think that its unfair that others have? You haven't fully lvled dt so it should be nerfed again? Adapt your strategy and quit whining.

Abster
Minion
Minion

Postby purgatoria » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:55 pm

Abster wrote:
purgatoria wrote:So the first tiney nerf wasn't enough for you, you'd like to see all the time and trouble people went through to lvl her to 30 be completely wasted? You haven't made it that far and think that its unfair that others have? You haven't fully lvled dt so it should be nerfed again? Adapt your strategy and quit whining.

Lol
purgatoria
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Next

Return to Strategy Discussions