HOME        ABOUT
FORUMS        FAQ

Dealing with Tiny

Think you've got the goods? Share your strategies here!

Re: Dealing with Tiny

Postby purgatoria » Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:18 pm

ofblong wrote:
Ravenous wrote:
purgatoria][quote="Ravenous wrote:Tiny is fine now. The tiny bye days werent much fun in terms of replays, you would look at them and say "now how can I stop that?". You cant, thats how. Thanks EA. Dont be afraid to make more positive changes like the Tiny nerf, the silent majority appreciated it!

The tiney nerf was not appreciated. Oped may be, but we paid for her. It amounted to bait and switch which is fraud.

You can accuse EA of being a master switcher if you want, but I, and all those in my guild at the time, breathed a sigh of relief. I am not sure why we cared about losing defenses, I think it was because we didnt know any better, but we did, and we were glad.

Yet in reality half of the community left after tiny was nerfed.[/quote]
+1 noone likes to be defrauded. There were alrenatives like adding aa defences or upping the aa stats which probably would have gone over better. Hopefully ea mythic learned a lesson and won't repeat the mistake
purgatoria
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby Hell bound heart » Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:58 am

Silent majority??.??? More like vocal minority.
Lots of people still use tiny, it really annoys me when people who don't have something want the people who have it to be penalised for there effort.
This game is not a 5 min thing it takes months to succeed put the effort in or don't but don't whinge when someone has put that effort in. :twisted:
Hell bound heart
Keeper
Keeper

Postby purgatoria » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:18 am

Hell bound heart wrote:Silent majority??.??? More like vocal minority.
Lots of people still use tiny, it really annoys me when people who don't have something want the people who have it to be penalised for there effort.
This game is not a 5 min thing it takes months to succeed put the effort in or don't but don't whinge when someone has put that effort in. :twisted:

Vocal minority, stayed, silent majority quit the game over it
purgatoria
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby Ravenous » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:59 am

I had a dungeon that was completely based on troll pathing. Your trolls would destroy a hatchery, then instead of destoying the other one, right next to it, they would all turn around and head back out to a death hallway. That design got me on the trophy leaderboard with a DH6. There were only 2 or 3 on the leaderboard that werent DH10 at the time. Ah, the good old days. When they fixed the troll pathing, was I happy? NO! Did it take me months to build that, only to see it completely ruined by an update? YES! Did I quit? No. i spent two weeks doing tweaks to rescue the design, when I couldnt rescue it, I tore it down and set up a new design. Was the game better after? Yeah probably, it wouldnt have been long before every dungeon did that and you wouldnt be able to get a win.

The game itself is better after the tiny nerf, I dont think anyone would disagree with that. Those people that quit were upset, sure, its a disappointing position to be in. EA could have avoided it by not allowing a level 30 Tiny to be completely unstoppable, their behind the scenes testing should have picked it up. It hurt the game and it hurt EA when all of those people quit, there is no doubt.

Now there is going to be a babyD nerf. It will de disguised as a daddyD boost. The game will be better after. I would ask people to react to it like troll pathing and adapt, not like Tiny and pout, because another exodus will not help the game. EA will move on to a different game, and so too will the rest of us.

PS. I hope EA gets this update right. :mrgreen:
List of Polls:Topic order Ascending Topic order Descending
DH 11 / DCR 82 / trophy~5.8k / CP>2.8m / HB>8.6k / Plunder>12.1b
Ravenous
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby ofblong » Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:32 am

Ravenous wrote:I had a dungeon that was completely based on troll pathing. Your trolls would destroy a hatchery, then instead of destoying the other one, right next to it, they would all turn around and head back out to a death hallway. That design got me on the trophy leaderboard with a DH6. There were only 2 or 3 on the leaderboard that werent DH10 at the time. Ah, the good old days. When they fixed the troll pathing, was I happy? NO! Did it take me months to build that, only to see it completely ruined by an update? YES! Did I quit? No. i spent two weeks doing tweaks to rescue the design, when I couldnt rescue it, I tore it down and set up a new design. Was the game better after? Yeah probably, it wouldnt have been long before every dungeon did that and you wouldnt be able to get a win.

The game itself is better after the tiny nerf, I dont think anyone would disagree with that. Those people that quit were upset, sure, its a disappointing position to be in. EA could have avoided it by not allowing a level 30 Tiny to be completely unstoppable, their behind the scenes testing should have picked it up. It hurt the game and it hurt EA when all of those people quit, there is no doubt.

Now there is going to be a babyD nerf. It will de disguised as a daddyD boost. The game will be better after. I would ask people to react to it like troll pathing and adapt, not like Tiny and pout, because another exodus will not help the game. EA will move on to a different game, and so too will the rest of us.

PS. I hope EA gets this update right. :mrgreen:

The game isnt better. In reality its worse. I myself would love to go back to the pre tiny nerf. back then my tiny was only like lvl 5.
ofblong
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby Gaga Lordberothium » Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:21 am

Yes, it is nasty to be grilled by high level tinies. Especially when it happens twice by the same keepers. I use to refight them later and usually they dont like to attack me again.
Gaga Lordberothium

Postby rivas » Mon May 11, 2015 11:12 am

╭━━━━━╮♪♪
┃╱▔▔▔╲┃┈┈┈┈┏━━┓
▉╰╯╰╯▕▉┈┈┈┈┗┳━╯┓
▕╰━━╯▕▂▂▂┈┈▕┗▅━╯
╭╰╮╭━╯╮┈▕╲┈▕▕▕┈
╰╮┃┃╭━╯┈┈▏▔▔▕▕┈
╱┃┃┃┃▕┈┈┈▏▔▔▔▕┈
╲▂╱╲▂╱▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔┈

+ 1 To nerf tiny
ImageSolo brackets won: 4. Sandbagger and mother of 2 baby dungeons. Guilds: Element Zero, KAOS, Wartroll, The Dungeon Kings
Dungeon Keeper: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... S27gsDvucZ
rivas
Keeper
Keeper

Postby phloob69 » Mon May 11, 2015 9:17 pm

rivas wrote:╭━━━━━╮♪♪
┃╱▔▔▔╲┃┈┈┈┈┏━━┓
▉╰╯╰╯▕▉┈┈┈┈┗┳━╯┓
▕╰━━╯▕▂▂▂┈┈▕┗▅━╯
╭╰╮╭━╯╮┈▕╲┈▕▕▕┈
╰╮┃┃╭━╯┈┈▏▔▔▕▕┈
╱┃┃┃┃▕┈┈┈▏▔▔▔▕┈
╲▂╱╲▂╱▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔┈

+ 1 To nerf tiny

You must have been bored. +1 for creativity
EA please don't make me say good bye
phloob69
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby ofblong » Tue May 12, 2015 3:57 am

Whats sad is this thread is extremely old and brought back from the dead. The other bad thing is... My dungeon is actually setup for tiny by yet no one does it. I know of next to zero keepers who tiny by that would remana refill to win a tiny by. if a dungeon looks like it might be more than 300 mana to defeat its time to next.
ofblong
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby swampuslord » Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:55 pm

Bolster your Unholy Temple and Workshop for defense. The Unholy Temple will counter the number of DTs cast and the Workshop will increase the damage of your traps.

I have seen my share of successful and unsuccessful Tiny-Bys against my dungeon, no bother really they don't take much resources or your immortal. Revenge and go for the extra trophies if you can.
swampuslord

PreviousNext

Return to Strategy Discussions