HOME        ABOUT
FORUMS        FAQ

How will 5.0 change your tactics?

Think you've got the goods? Share your strategies here!

How will 5.0 change your tactics?

Postby pitofdespair » Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:05 am

Lots of changes to both offense and defense. I see low health minions becoming weaker, while the extra levels to imms probably won't offset the trap strength, except for Horny. Hard to know details without the spell details, but what do you see changing in your defense/offense? Trolls weaker, or more important than ever? Level up disable trap or bomb wall first? At what point to skip levelling all your walls at once and focus on getting some to lvl 11? Which traps to level up first? Going to return to your daddy?
Bruce Campbells Army of Darkness - an open lv 40 guild for casual players of all levels who want to develop their dungeons and get Dreadstone in tournaments
Game Center: agoodspellr
pitofdespair
Keeper
Keeper

Re: How will 5.0 change your tactics?

Postby phloob69 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:31 am

I don't these changes will change any of my raiding. But I'm trying to keep an open mind.
EA please don't make me say good bye
phloob69
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby purgatoria » Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:43 pm

I can see not losing all the mana on a top up rather than a refil allowing for more frequent raids. As for changing my play style, ill wait and see how it goes
purgatoria
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby Black Crag » Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:33 am

I might change my choice of targets depending on how the new stars play out. I've looked at defenders' leagues more since the update notes were published. The ones I would hit in a tournament now are +1/-6 dungeons but those are mostly Obs2-3 while a few are Dread or Obs1. Most are DH10 but not all. This means only some of my present targets would yield the maximum bonus. It remains to be seen if it's worth increasing the difficulty of my targets so I get all Dread/DH10 bonuses or not. At present I always use 150 mana or less, but if I have to spend more to get max stars my raiding frequency may have to go down.

In any case it will be very interesting to see. Especially with winnable stars displayed at the start of the raid.
Leader of the Crooked Moon guild (level 40, 6 bracket victories). Find us in game and join, or read our recruitment topic here.
Black Crag
Keeper
Keeper

Return to Strategy Discussions