HOME        ABOUT
FORUMS        FAQ

Dragon Whelp

Dragon Whelp

Postby Gene_Mythic » Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:53 pm

Ah, Dragon Whelps. They're so cute when they're young, don't you agree, Keepers?

Don't let their cutesy exterior fool you, however. These are some pretty heavy-duty Minions, able to deal AND withstand very large amounts of damage. This comes at a hefty price, however: lots of gold! (Dragon hordes have to get started SOMEWHERE!)

Available to be summoned after you've built four Treasuries, Dragon Whelps have but one mission: to seek out the nearest Room in order to destroy it. As an added bonus, they're able to fly (at a relatively slow movement speed), thus bypassing most obstacles in their way. They're still susceptible to defenses that affect flying targets, however, including the Freeze Trap, which could slow them down and allow other attacks to wreak some havoc upon them.

Upgrading Dragon Whelps in the Training Room will increase their damage output and health. Keep in mind, however, that these Minions are 100% offensive; they do not defend when your Dungeon is attacked.

Gene_Mythic

Re: Dragon Whelp

Postby BlackholeKeeper » Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:37 am

I maxed out my whelps a few days ago, level 4 with 900 attack and 2290 health. These units is to overpowerfull and realy should be balanced along with the rest of this game, this looks more and more like a beta to me. With 3 whelps and a few lightning bolts I have crushed any high level dungeon 60-90% with no efford or tactic at all. Release the whelps with tiny as tank and they 2-3 shot any building. This is not acceptable in my opinion, this game demands a huge amount of time and diamond spendage to be best and even then your far from "safe". The cost of everything should be lowered since the players is more or less working for EA as game "testers". Once the game is ballanced EA should charge what they want, but at this point the product is not finished and we shouldnt be charged for one. I know this is another "free" game, I got many years of experience with these "free" games and like many others I know you need to spend to become competative at the top within reasonable time. EA should recognise this and appriciate our job here as testers, and set gem costs, building cost and time down.
HatchetTM
BlackholeKeeper

Postby BlackholeKeeper » Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:50 pm

I recently maxed my Whelps to lvl 4, they are very unbalanced at the moment. A few lighting bolts, release 3 whelps and they 2-3 shot any building. Ive been having mutch fun with these the past few days and won every attack against any high level dungeon no matter setup. I lost one raid in the 3 last days and that was only because I tried out a new setup to target the heart more with my whelps still in group. Im a newbie in this game ,but with these minions I plow threw everything with no tactic or efford at all, Lightning bolt>whelps>afk.
I feel more and more like this is a BETA, and EA forgot to tell us. Yet they still charge alot for diamonds and demands a very long dedication from us to be abe to compete as top players. This is yet another "FREE" game, but every experienced gamer knows its close to impossible to stay in the loop without throwing money at the game. This is fine, im a adult and can afford to spend some money on my hobby, but its not fair to take full charge for a unballanced/broken merchandise.
Lower the cost and time needed from this game until its fixed!
HatchetTM
BlackholeKeeper

Postby Hobtuse » Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:50 am

BlackholeKeeper wrote:I recently maxed my Whelps to lvl 4, they are very unbalanced at the moment. A few lighting bolts, release 3 whelps and they 2-3 shot any building. Ive been having mutch fun with these the past few days and won every attack against any high level dungeon no matter setup. I lost one raid in the 3 last days and that was only because I tried out a new setup to target the heart more with my whelps still in group. Im a newbie in this game ,but with these minions I plow threw everything with no tactic or efford at all, Lightning bolt>whelps>afk.
I feel more and more like this is a BETA, and EA forgot to tell us. Yet they still charge alot for diamonds and demands a very long dedication from us to be abe to compete as top players. This is yet another "FREE" game, but every experienced gamer knows its close to impossible to stay in the loop without throwing money at the game. This is fine, im a adult and can afford to spend some money on my hobby, but its not fair to take full charge for a unballanced/broken merchandise.
Lower the cost and time needed from this game until its fixed!

Hi Dragon Whelps max out at L4?

Could you also tell us how much it cost to train Dragon Whelps @ L2, L3 and L4?
I aim to misbehave.

Dungeon: Hobgatory
Guild: Fluffy Bunnies!
Guild Level: 28

Please feel free to pm if you are an active forum member & interested in joining the Fluffy Bunnies!
Hobtuse
Upgraded Minion
Upgraded Minion

Postby Grimgor » Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:37 am

Aren't Dragon Whelps made for late game?

Well you can only have at max 3 and if they have well placed bug zappers your stuffed. Also vampires convert can take 1 down.

At level 4 they have 2250 HP and 880 Attack so your better off casting disable trap on Anti Air and Bug Zappers.
Grimgor
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby BlackholeKeeper » Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:03 am

Hi Dragon Whelps max out at L4?
Could you also tell us how much it cost to train Dragon Whelps @ L2, L3 and L4?

Yes they max out at lvl 4. I cant remember the training cost exactly, price didnt change mutch on the levels. Was around 2 mill gold for 2,3 and 4 i think.
Well you can only have at max 3 and if they have well placed bug zappers your stuffed. Also vampires convert can take 1 down.

At level 4 they have 2250 HP and 880 Attack so your better off casting disable trap on Anti Air and Bug Zappers.

They have 2290 HP and 900 Atk at lvl 4. Anti air doesnt seem to bother them mutch, they only get a few hitts in before you have cleared the surrounding buildings and move away from them. The zappers slows them, but its easily taken care of if you have a small amount of Trolls with them or disable trap yep.
HatchetTM
BlackholeKeeper

Postby Hobtuse » Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:22 pm

BlackholeKeeper wrote:Yes they max out at lvl 4. I cant remember the training cost exactly, price didnt change mutch on the levels. Was around 2 mill gold for 2,3 and 4 i think.

They have 2290 HP and 900 Atk at lvl 4. Anti air doesnt seem to bother them mutch, they only get a few hitts in before you have cleared the surrounding buildings and move away from them. The zappers slows them, but its easily taken care of if you have a small amount of Trolls with them or disable trap yep.

Thanks for the info! How much does the Dragon Whelp cost @ L4 to summon? I do like their stats at 2290 HP and 900 Atk -> Worth the trouble in training to max and the amt of resources required to summon them.

I think it's alright they are powerful maxed out @ L4. They each take up a lot of housing space (30 each) and as you said, you needed Thunderbolts to at least 'soften' the dungeon during raids. This also means long waiting times between raids and also having to cycle thru numerous dungeons for the right dungeon to raid.
I aim to misbehave.

Dungeon: Hobgatory
Guild: Fluffy Bunnies!
Guild Level: 28

Please feel free to pm if you are an active forum member & interested in joining the Fluffy Bunnies!
Hobtuse
Upgraded Minion
Upgraded Minion

Postby BlackholeKeeper » Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:38 pm

They cost 50k to summon, the first days I got upto 1800-1900 rating and more or less only found dungeons that covered the costs with some bonus res. Now it seems hard for the random dungeon generator to find dungeons for me for some reason, I have hit the same dungeon clone a few times in a row lately and it gives me around 400k stone each hit, stone is nice also but the whelps have taken my gold and it getts harder to use them every hit.
I dont think I need the lightning bolts to soften the dungeons, but im using them as mutch as I can to get the spell to lvl 5 before they nerf it ;) Without lighting bolts you would need more usage of disable traps though, so I guess eaither way you need to spend some mana to make the whelps truely effective.
HatchetTM
BlackholeKeeper

Postby ThereAreNoCows » Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:00 pm

Flying doom... Big $ for big rewards
Problem is hard to find dungeon with much gold to cover back the costs
You should try lower your evil points to find other juicy dungeons :P
Max dragons take much time! Few weeks

Wonder how much gems you bought blackhole? Am waiting for dev to fix the game before I commit buying gems :mrgreen:
Th@r@ @r@ N@ C€Ws !n Dungeon!!!!
iPhone 5s
Wifi-4G
Lastest version
Guild Mwa-ha-ha!
ThereAreNoCows
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby whambarkid » Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:47 am

BlackholeKeeper wrote:They cost 50k to summon, the first days I got upto 1800-1900 rating and more or less only found dungeons that covered the costs with some bonus res. Now it seems hard for the random dungeon generator to find dungeons for me for some reason, I have hit the same dungeon clone a few times in a row lately and it gives me around 400k stone each hit, stone is nice also but the whelps have taken my gold and it getts harder to use them every hit.
I dont think I need the lightning bolts to soften the dungeons, but im using them as mutch as I can to get the spell to lvl 5 before they nerf it ;) Without lighting bolts you would need more usage of disable traps though, so I guess eaither way you need to spend some mana to make the whelps truely effective.

can you please stop molesting my dungeon with your bloody whelps, especially as i never have any resources!!! :D
"better the devil you know"
whambarkid
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Next

Return to Minions