HOME        ABOUT
FORUMS        FAQ

Bug Zapper

Bug Zapper

Postby Gene_Mythic » Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:27 pm

The Bug Zapper, a 1x1 trap with 360-degree affective capabilities against minions that get too close, does 3x3 area splash damage (low), while electrifying (stunning) affected targets. Of note, this affects both ground AND flying targets (ghosts are particularly vulnerable to lightning damage). Strategically, when paired with other traps (and/or self-defending rooms, and/or other defending minions), the Stun effect can come in quite handy, as other defenses are able to do their dirty work a little more efficiently.

To acquire access to the Bug Zapper trap, Keepers must have a Level 6 Workshop. The trap, itself, may be upgraded; doing so will increase both the inherent damage, as well as the duration of the Stun effect.

The usefulness of the Bug Zapper can be quite... shocking. And who doesn't love a good Shocker every now and again?

Gene_Mythic

Re: Bug Zapper

Postby adams011 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:48 am

Someone improved Bug Zapper?
What increase next levels trap?
adams011
Upgraded Minion
Upgraded Minion

Postby spcbrass » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:40 am

adams011 wrote:Someone improved Bug Zapper?

I'm at the point of upgrading them now. The increase is marginal from level 1-2.

+180 hit points which means that it will be able to deliver an additional attack before being destroyed by a single unit.
+6 damage which isn't going to damage that single unit significantly, but if hidden properly could deliver some decent damage to a group of attackers.
Ninja Rocket Surgeon

Don Quixote wrote:Finally, from so little sleeping and so much reading, his brain dried up and he went completely out of his mind.

Device: HTC One
Game Version: tu3.1.0.69.248444
spcbrass
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby Daemonizer » Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:32 pm

For anyone who didn't notice...

On every object that can be leveled-up, you can tap the object and tap the Info button and the two strengths an object can have

Heart = ability to withstand attack
Sword = ability to attack

are shown with a bright and a dim progress bar. The dim portion shows how much more ability the upgrade will give, and that's also shown as the +number on the right.

Unfortunately, most rooms have a large bouncing shortcut button that will take you directly to the Upgrade feature, so be careful not to tap that. Just tap the room to see the panel with the Upgrade and Info buttons. Luckily, the traps have no shortcut button. I have no idea why anyone thought to hide the dungeon under all these stupid bouncing shortcuts that only confuse the interface.
------------------------------------------------------------
Daemon, Oct 17 2013
Daemonizer
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby grim-one » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:34 pm

spcbrass wrote:

I'm at the point of upgrading them now. The increase is marginal from level 1-2.

+180 hit points which means that it will be able to deliver an additional attack before being destroyed by a single unit.
+6 damage which isn't going to damage that single unit significantly, but if hidden properly could deliver some decent damage to a group of attackers.

If it's anything like the frost trap, the status duration or frequency will increase. The upgrade screens don't really show that well.
ID: Grim Dungeon
Guild: Horny 'n' Stoned
grim-one
Keeper
Keeper

Postby Grimgor » Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:10 pm

grim-one wrote:
spcbrass wrote:

If it's anything like the frost trap, the status duration or frequency will increase. The upgrade screens don't really show that well.

yeah does the stun length increase?
Grimgor
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby Gene_Mythic » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:43 pm

Grimgor wrote:yeah does the stun length increase?

From the feature article about Bug Zappers (which the original post in this thread is about):

"To acquire access to the Bug Zapper trap, Keepers must have a Level 6 Workshop. The trap, itself, may be upgraded; doing so will increase both the inherent damage, as well as the duration of the Stun effect."
Gene_Mythic

Postby Grimgor » Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:07 am

Gene_Mythic wrote:
Grimgor wrote:yeah does the stun length increase?

From the feature article about Bug Zappers (which the original post in this thread is about):

"To acquire access to the Bug Zapper trap, Keepers must have a Level 6 Workshop. The trap, itself, may be upgraded; doing so will increase both the inherent damage, as well as the duration of the Stun effect."

So i am guessing it half a second like freeze traps?
Grimgor
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby ZackTKWei » Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:55 am

There was no mention of Bug Zappers becoming a 2-tile range trap in the game update details....

Edited:

Traps
The Bug Zapper now has a half-second delay before firing, once triggered, and has had its radius increased by 1 Tile.

My bad, I got tricked by the last part of the phrase...
ZackTKWei

Postby Devon_Bunny » Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:29 am

ZackTKWei wrote:There was no mention of Bug Zappers becoming a 2-tile range trap in the game update details....

Edited:

Traps
The Bug Zapper now has a half-second delay before firing, once triggered, and has had its radius increased by 1 Tile.

My bad, I got tricked by the last part of the phrase...

This was a recent change, Gene has to do a little editing to the main post.
Turning into a Cow.
Playing CoC, Clan: Furry Legion. Say hi if you pass by.
Devon_Bunny
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Next

Return to Traps