HOME        ABOUT
FORUMS        FAQ

U.R. Mine

U.R. Mine

Postby Gene_Mythic » Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:32 pm

Sure, it sounds like something you'd see printed on Valentine's Day candy... but trust us, Keepers, there's nothing very loving about this little treat!

The U.R. Mine is a 1x1 consumable Trap, hidden until detonation, that deals heavy Fire splash damage (in a 3 tile radius) to flying targets - and other flying targets near them - that get within range. They first become available at Workshop level 7, when Keepers are able to purchase up to two Mines, for a cost of 50 Dreadstone each. Two more Mines become available at Workshop level 10. While the initial purchase of each of these Traps will require Dreadstone, subsequent upgrades to U.R. Mines (which will increase their damage) will require Gold. As they are consumable, each Mine will only fire once before needing to be re-armed.

So why such a sweet name for such a dangerous item, you ask? Perhaps it has something to do with the... "free hugs" given to your opponent's flying units? Whatever the reason, always remember, Keepers: Love is a battlefield, so arm yourselves accordingly!

Gene_Mythic

Re: U.R. Mine

Postby Bummerrr » Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:47 pm

am i reading correctly that this trap is anti air only?
Acc#1: 4,450/453k CP / 1686 Hearts / 1270.2M Plunder
Acc#2: 3,300/488k CP / 2441 Hearts / 1472.8M Plunder
Guild: The Seven Kingdoms
Bummerrr
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby d18c7db » Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:51 pm

"and other targets near them" might mean ground troups but yes, a clarification would be nice.
d18c7db
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby Gene_Mythic » Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:57 pm

d18c7db wrote:"and other targets near them" might mean ground troups but yes, a clarification would be nice.

Modified the original post to read: "... - and other flying targets near them".
Gene_Mythic

Postby No 44 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:20 am

And the rich get richer. #Dreadstones
I have a lot in common with Royal Tenebaum.
No 44
Keeper
Keeper

Postby Makany » Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:27 am

Just asking Gene, what is U.R. short for?
I'm sure you are not referring to "You Are" right?
I've done some research and all I found is this:
{Related Abbreviations for u.r.Expand
Copied from http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/U.R.?r=66

U.R.Latin uti rogas (be it as you desire) }

are you sure this is the name of the flying mine technology?
Makany
Upgraded Minion
Upgraded Minion

Postby |-☼-| TieFighter » Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:03 am

Makany wrote:Just asking Gene, what is U.R. short for?
I'm sure you are not referring to "You Are" right?
I've done some research and all I found is this:
{Related Abbreviations for u.r.Expand
Copied from http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/U.R.?r=66

U.R.Latin uti rogas (be it as you desire) }

are you sure this is the name of the flying mine technology?

I'm pretty sure "U.R. Mine" is a play on the words "You are mine"... as in your minions enter my dungeon and they are dead to rights if they hit the mine... hence "You are mine".
|-☼-| TieFighter

Postby |-☼-| TieFighter » Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:12 am

An anti-air trap is great addition after the only 3 air units in the game have been nerfed to near uselessness on offense.
|-☼-| TieFighter

Postby Lord Keeper of Kobol » Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:12 am

As a whelp user who almost always attacks by air, I welcome this new trap.

It'll make raiding by air more interesting and I think it will add more variety to existing dungeons out there (rather than being ignored and unused). Air-raiders will quickly notice that many dungeons can be classified depending on how tightly clustered the rooms are: i) very clustered around the heart, ii) spread out and iii) other.

Category ii) is designed to prevent a routing by ground forces and force ground raiders to choose between winning the heart or plundering a lot of resources. Category ii) is also my main target. Unfortunately, category i) seems to be the main type of dungeon and these are mostly inaccessible to whelps as the pay-off is too low to be worth beating. Consequently, Keepers with a category i) dungeon will hardly ever see whelps and think they aren't being used at all.

The U.R. Mine trap should allow Keepers to move from a category i) dungeon to something more like a category ii) dungeon while at the same time gradually making category ii) dungeons harder to raid by air. I think one must be adaptable to be successful in DK Mobile, and often it is the transitions that are the most interesting.
Lord Keeper of Kobol
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby Grimgor » Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:09 am

These things will be OP if you have a 2 mine dungeon. :lol:
Grimgor
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Next

Return to Traps