HOME        ABOUT
FORUMS        FAQ

Dark Library

Dark Library

Postby Gene_Mythic » Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:15 pm

Cell service down below is non-existent, no matter WHICH carrier you use. And I'm afraid there's no Wifi, Keepers. So if you need to do any kind of research (particularly the arcane kind), you're going to need to visit a Dark Library!

Available early on in the game, several astute Keepers might argue that the Dark Library is one of the most important structures you can build in your Dungeon. Used to generate and store Mana (the magical energy used to fuel your Spells), the Dark Library is also where individual Spells are researched prior to becoming part of your arsenal.

Comprising a 4x4 area in your Dungeon, upgrading the Dark Library will grant access to more potent Spells, in addition to bolstering the defensive strength of the Library's inherent defenses (bolts of electricity, which are able to target both ground and air targets). Upgrading also increases the maximum amount of Mana at your disposal.

So don't forget your library cards, Keepers; you're going to want to make regular visits! Just don't expect this library to be very quiet, like most regular ones. In fact, you're bound to hear more than a few screams... but it's really not all that different from elevator music, now that I think about it. Delightful!

Gene_Mythic

Re: Dark Library

Postby Kiminoth » Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:30 am

Does the mana production rate increase after levelling up?
Just curious as mine's level 5 at the moment and from 4-5 I didn't notice an increase above 120/hour. I may have been mistaken.
Eversmile
Kiminoth

Postby MWyatt_Mythic » Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:32 am

Kiminoth wrote:Does the mana production rate increase after levelling up?
Just curious as mine's level 5 at the moment and from 4-5 I didn't notice an increase above 120/hour. I may have been mistaken.

Sure does! We'll be conveying more data on what's provided in upgrades when the next update hits.

In the meantime, here are the current values (which are subject to change at a later date):
(MPH = Mana per Hour)

• MPH: 75, Storage: 200
  • MPH: 80, Storage: 250
  • MPH: 90, Storage: 300
  • MPH: 100, Storage: 300
  • MPH: 120, Storage: 300
  • MPH: 140, Storage: 350
  • MPH: 160, Storage: 350
  • MPH: 180, Storage: 400
  • MPH: 200, Storage: 450
  • MPH: 250, Storage: 500
Michael J. Wyatt
Senior Designer
Electronic Arts
MWyatt_Mythic
Developer
Developer

Postby ckrazmanck » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:49 pm

MWyatt_Mythic wrote:
Kiminoth wrote:Does the mana production rate increase after levelling up?

Sure does! We'll be conveying more data on what's provided in upgrades when the next update hits.

In the meantime, here are the current values (which are subject to change at a later date):
(MPH = Mana per Hour)

• MPH: 75, Storage: 200
  • MPH: 80, Storage: 250
  • MPH: 90, Storage: 300
  • MPH: 100, Storage: 300
  • MPH: 120, Storage: 300
  • MPH: 140, Storage: 350
  • MPH: 160, Storage: 350
  • MPH: 180, Storage: 400
  • MPH: 200, Storage: 450
  • MPH: 250, Storage: 500

I hope you don't mind me asking but what software is used to produce the images of the game art posted?? that says game asset….By the way - I would like to say thank you to all the talented people at Mythic who made this game happen. Its been along time since Ive been addicted to a game - Call of Duty United Offensive was the last game to influence my life on this scale as i am today……I have bought $30.00 worth of Gems to support this game and designers. I know its not a lot but i hope it helps……..
IPad Mini, iOS 7.1.2, Wifi, Dungeon Keeper - Client version 1.4.72
IPhone 4s, iOS 6.1.3, 3G + Wifi, Dungeon Keeper - Client version 1.4.72
Dungeon ID: Hell Train, Dark Paradise, Dark Element 22, Slap Factory, Krystian's Lair
Guild: Element 22
ckrazmanck

Postby Gene_Mythic » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:54 pm

ckrazmanck wrote:I hope you don't mind me asking but what software is used to produce the images of the game art posted?? that says game asset….By the way - I would like to say thank you to all the talented people at Mythic who made this game happen. Its been along time since Ive been addicted to a game - Call of Duty United Offensive was the last game to influence my life on this scale as i am today……I have bought $30.00 worth of Gems to support this game and designers. I know its not a lot but i hope it helps……..

Glad to hear you're enjoying the game, ckrazmanck! We've certainly had a great deal of fun putting the game together, as well!

As for your question about software... I'll see what I can find out from the Art Team... I'm a complete novice when it comes to anything like that... to me, it's all Dark Sorcery. :P
Gene_Mythic

Postby Gene_Mythic » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:58 am

From our Art Director, Peter Lipman:

All concept art is made right inside Adobe Photoshop. For 3D models in the game, Mythic uses Autodesk 3dsMax. Specifically, we used 3dsMax 2013 for DK. All the textures for the models are made in Adobe Photoshop. Then everything gets combined together (along with some custom material shaders) inside Unity. The “Game Asset” images are taken right from inside Unity and represent the final asset which has been isolated in its own scene for the purpose of taking the screenshot.

Also, I’d like to say thanks for the support! The art team worked really hard to try and update and reimagine Dungeon Keeper in a way that would honor the original game’s sense of dark humor and theming while conversely trying to make it have as broad appeal as possible for the mobile platform. We had a ton of fun trying to meet this challenge, whether it be the chicken rocket, crabby, old-man vampire, or even on content you’ve yet to see!. We are so glad you like it.
Gene_Mythic

Postby ckrazmanck » Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:08 am

thanks for the information
IPad Mini, iOS 7.1.2, Wifi, Dungeon Keeper - Client version 1.4.72
IPhone 4s, iOS 6.1.3, 3G + Wifi, Dungeon Keeper - Client version 1.4.72
Dungeon ID: Hell Train, Dark Paradise, Dark Element 22, Slap Factory, Krystian's Lair
Guild: Element 22
ckrazmanck

Postby M4XXX » Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:37 pm

My first post here.

I don't really understand why the Dark Library can't produce Mana while upgrading?
When the Upgrade is finished we don't even get the accumulated Mana from the upgrading time. It is just starting over.
I don't really see the point why this is made like this?

I mean the Mines are always producing Gold and Stone even while upgrading. Why not doing the same with the Dark Library?
M4XXX

Postby Grottan » Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:20 pm

M4XXX wrote:My first post here.

I don't really understand why the Dark Library can't produce Mana while upgrading?
When the Upgrade is finished we don't even get the accumulated Mana from the upgrading time. It is just starting over.
I don't really see the point why this is made like this?

I mean the Mines are always producing Gold and Stone even while upgrading. Why not doing the same with the Dark Library?

Mines don't produce anything while upgrading...
Grottan
Upgraded Minion
Upgraded Minion

Postby Gotchaxel » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:26 pm

At which. Dark library level does it start looking like the game asset picture posted? I'm at 5 upgrading to 6 currently and it doesn't look like this yet but I've seen it several time attacking others dungeons.
Dungeon: The Crib
Guild: Downtown Dungeons
League: Dread
(iPhone 5 & iPad Mini)
DK Mobile: 21 Hotfix in past 3 months, wow...

DO or DO NOT, there is not try - Master Yoda
Gotchaxel
Keeper
Keeper

Next

Return to Rooms