HOME        ABOUT
FORUMS        FAQ

Hatchery

Hatchery

Postby Gene_Mythic » Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:15 pm

Going to war with an Army of One is a cute concept, and all... but down here, it's more likely that you'll get by with a little help from your friends. And by friends, I mean Minions. There's definitely strength in numbers! To that end, you're going to need Hatcheries: the more Hatcheries (a 3x3 room that becomes unlocked once your Dungeon Heart has been upgraded to Level 2) you have - and the higher you’ve leveled them - the higher your overall Dungeon's population capacity will be.

To make things MORE interesting, each kind of Minion takes up a certain “allotment” of your population capacity. For example, an individual Skeleton will only use up 1 population point; Trolls use up 2 points; Warlocks, 3 points; and so on. When looking at the Summoning Portal of your Dungeon Heart, be sure to check out each Minion’s individual stats by clicking the blue “i” (for Information) box in the upper-right of their portrait, of the Summon Queue window. The field you're looking for is "Housing Space"; this will indicate how many population points are required for one Minion of the kind you have selected.

So is raising population capacity all the Hatchery is good for? Not quite! Each Hatchery is also equipped with a natural defense: the Eggshell Mortar! This powerful defense does 3x3 area splash damage to your enemies, making it particularly effective against clustered groups of enemies. Talk about getting egg on your face!

In addition to increasing population cap, upgrading Hatcheries also increases the overall HP of the room, and increases the damage dealt by the Eggshell Mortars.

Sounds like an essential component to add to your Dungeon, right, Keepers? Eggs-actly!

Gene_Mythic

Re: Hatchery

Postby painelement » Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:00 pm

How to make Bile demon guard in the hatchery, I fight someone's dungeon and saw bile demon in the hatchery but never see mine in the replay

I've summoned 3 bile demons
painelement

Postby Grimgor » Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:11 pm

painelement wrote:How to make Bile demon guard in the hatchery, I fight someone's dungeon and saw bile demon in the hatchery but never see mine in the replay

I've summoned 3 bile demons

upgrade your hatchery
Grimgor
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby grim-one » Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:52 am

Minions you have summoned are not used for PvP raid defense. (You can use them in campaign or survival defense missions).

I thought there was always a bile demon somewhere when you have 2 hatcheries, but as Grimgor implies, it might be related to a certain hatchery level. Also in replays defending minions often walk to weird places.
ID: Grim Dungeon
Guild: Horny 'n' Stoned
grim-one
Keeper
Keeper

Postby whambarkid » Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:48 am

2 x level 10 hatchery = mad lag!!!
"better the devil you know"
whambarkid
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby pouncy_paws » Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:45 am

Can you indicate at what level DH you can build more than 2 hatcheries please??
Is there a guide somewhere listing at what levels you get additional items unlocked e.g. more traps, training levels etc
pouncy_paws

Postby morfraen » Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:06 am

pouncy_paws wrote:Can you indicate at what level DH you can build more than 2 hatcheries please??
Is there a guide somewhere listing at what levels you get additional items unlocked e.g. more traps, training levels etc

2 hatcheries is the max. The wiki has the info for everything.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=915
morfraen
Keeper
Keeper

Return to Rooms