HOME        ABOUT
FORUMS        FAQ

Dragon Breath

Dragon Breath

Postby Gene_Mythic » Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:39 am

We've all had those days: maybe you had garlic or onions at lunch; maybe you forgot to brush your teeth in the morning; maybe you partied a little too hard the night before... and now your breath could peel the paint off the walls. With effective use of the Dragon Breath spell, however...you literally could!

Available for research after upgrading your Dark Library to Level 4, this spell deals area-of-effect (AOE) fire damage, inflicting heavy damage to your enemies, *including Rooms*. (Fire damage is ESPECIALLY heavy to Trolls, by the way! So if - while raiding - you happen to see a group of Trolls clustering, Dragon Breath could come in QUITE handy!)

As with all Spells, each use/cast causes it to gain experience. Eventually, the Spell will "level up" once enough individual Spell XP has been acquired. Increased Spell level means increased fire power (quite literally, in the case of Dragon Breath)! There is an associated Mana cost with this Spell, that increases with the Spell's level. So use it wisely, Keepers!

Gene_Mythic

Re: Dragon Breath

Postby Awesome » Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:21 am

I never use this spell or see it used against me on raids...why is that? To me this is a very under-whelming spell that doesn't do enough damage. What may encourage its use is knowing the breakdown of damage per level. Can someone figure that out please and post it?!
Awesome

Postby kemo6600 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:39 am

Awesome wrote:I never use this spell or see it used against me on raids...why is that? To me this is a very under-whelming spell that doesn't do enough damage. What may encourage its use is knowing the breakdown of damage per level. Can someone figure that out please and post it?!

That spell is made especially for trolls, trolls take 10x damage from fire , lvl 1 fire-breath can kill a bunch of lvl10 troll in 1 second.
There is two scenarios where you might need it , during exclusive survival raids , or while attacking a dungeon with 10 trolls guarding the guild lair.
Kemo
kemo6600
Upgraded Minion
Upgraded Minion

Postby Wandererxman » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:30 am

This spell is way overpowered I just had a guy backdoor my dungeon by nuking my library and then dropping ghosts into it. It is ridiculous to even try to arrange a dungeon if no amount of walls or arranging can just allow someone to treat any room in your dungeon as an entry point it is beyond ridiculous and ruins the game-play.
Wandererxman

Postby grim-one » Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:39 pm

Wandererxman wrote:This spell is way overpowered I just had a guy backdoor my dungeon by nuking my library and then dropping ghosts into it. It is ridiculous to even try to arrange a dungeon if no amount of walls or arranging can just allow someone to treat any room in your dungeon as an entry point it is beyond ridiculous and ruins the game-play.

What level is your library?
ID: Grim Dungeon
Guild: Horny 'n' Stoned
grim-one
Keeper
Keeper

Postby CalTheOnly » Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:22 am

Does anyone know if dragons breath affects flying minions? I just tried to BBQ a ghost and I didn't notice ANY effect. Is my finger aim just that far off?

Also, I've never been able to destroy a room with fire breath alone. That guy must have had high lv spell.
iPad air
iOS 7.0.4
Dungeon Keeper 1.0.59
CalTheOnly

Postby Masalty » Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:06 pm

I'm pretty sure that dragon's breath does hit flying units. One way to test this is to summon a ghost in your guild lair and use the 'test your dungeon' feature.
Masalty
Upgraded Minion
Upgraded Minion

Postby Masalty » Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:12 pm

On another note, this spell seems a little weak to me. For the mana cost I feel like this spell should be slightly more powerful. As it is no one seems to use it, at least in my experience. I certainly don't bother using 150mana to not even kill normal units.
Masalty
Upgraded Minion
Upgraded Minion

Postby NygmaWar » Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:41 am

Is there a chart with the damage/associated mana cost for this spell somewhere?
NygmaWar

Postby HannibalTC » Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:22 am

German Empire - HannibalTC: iPad Air, mini retina & iPhone 5S
26: H7, L8, W8, H8+8, U3, T1, Gi4, Gr1, 5 imps, 2 entrances
Raid: 14xS(7), 15xT(7), 7xW(7), 1xN(3), 2xG(2) - 1700+, 39.6k
I love to break your dungeon and see you be broken in mine :)
HannibalTC
Upgraded Minion
Upgraded Minion

Next

Return to Spells