HOME        ABOUT
FORUMS        FAQ

Balance of the game : high level trolls are too resistant

Want to make suggestions about potential changes/additions to the game? Make them here!

Re: Balance of the game : high level trolls are too resistan

Postby Azkaban Rus » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:53 pm

1. We had spent much time,gems,and somebody money to have strong trolls,and we deserved it.
2. They die fast against strong dungeons and between ice trap and lighting trap,even if they are not on fire trap.
3. If that very strange thing with cutting immortals,then minions,then maybe just high dcr-dungeons will move on - i don't see any reason to play dk more.
4. I agree that doors are too weak,as i remember,the last updates didn't give them any hp,but firetraps had gained new lvls.
5. The most bad thing is that much keepers are too weak to win against high dcr-dungeons,and i think that troll MUST BE MORE POWERFULL AT 13-25 lvls. That will give to a lot of players ability just to PLAY,to gain resources,because they meet too much high dcr-dungeons,much more,then we had met,while we were growing up.
P.S.: And i don't understand that crying about strong mummy,strong trolls,strong magma or strong tiny or glarggl - make them strong in your dungeon and be happy(that means shut up) and don't try to make another people feel sad. Sorry for the rudeness,but i don't want to have one more weak creaters,that were strong before somebody started to cry. For now i haven't got any battle immortal,because i'm really afraid that he will be a peace of shit after few weeks or months.
Azkaban Rus

Postby JPN Keepers » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:56 pm

This is "suggestion box".
I think we are on the same page.
We all want to make the game better.
JPN Keepers
Upgraded Minion
Upgraded Minion

Postby Kongar » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:49 pm

Maybe... reduce the number of fire traps and increase thier damage?
Or allow fire and spike traps to be stacked to give higher damage?
Allow doors to be stacked?

Changes in a game like this are inevitable. Otherwise we'd still be playing baby dungeons.
Kongar
Upgraded Minion
Upgraded Minion

Postby Xenjahr » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:19 pm

I think I’m one of the 1st players who got lvl 30 trolls. I’ve been enjoying playing with them and I’m not crying at all.
I just like this game and I want to think about making it better with objectivity. Even if that makes my own game style and strenghs be lowered. And most of all I’m thinking about the attractivity of the game and I think that a newcomer would be frustrated in front of those unstoppable trolls...

Postby Mincho » Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:21 am

I am relatively new in this game (11 months) and I find that the troll should continue like this. . ALL THE GUARIDES ARE VENCIBLES.

I also agree that if you manage to have the minions at the maximum level (which involves time and many hours of play), they must be brutal in their attack.

Fire traps or doors will not prevent doing +5 or +10 trophies in attack :twisted:
Mincho

Postby pitofdespair » Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:35 am

I think the analysis is incorrect. The fire damage to trolls’ total health goes down from level 10 to level 30 by less than half. But there are more than double the fire traps (6 to 14) and no more trolls (housing space is still 115, since level 10). If you put two fire traps together at level 30, you have the same as one at level 10, plus two fire traps left to place. Double fire is both good and bad compared to one more powerful one. But the balance looks good to me.

There are two problems though with troll balance: it takes infinitely longer to get traps to level 30. And, for land attacks, trolls are the only essential minion partly because some other minions have gotten weaker.

It is nearly impossible to win without trolls at higher levels. This is also true at level 10. The take out defensive buildings, it’s necessary. But warlocks, necromancers, vampires, ghosts and whelps all become weaker on offense at higher levels, each for different reasons. So trolls have become even more necessary. Overall offense is not strong compared to defense, but there is a big imbalance between minions. Fixing the other minions would be good.

The big cause of troll strength is something else: trap upgrade times and stone costs are extremely high (even after the reduction last year). By level 20, 132 stone traps, with 12d to 14d to upgrade, will take two years to upgrade them one level(!). The stone cost for level 20 to 30 is over 60 billion - more than the best player has collected since the game started, and 20x (!) what the 100th ranked plunderer has collected. The problem is not strong trolls - it’s traps that simply can’t be upgraded.

If stone trap upgrades were dramatically cut... upgrade time and the stone costs decreased by 90%, approx... trolls would be back to normal after a year or two. (Mostly because it would take them longer to smash traps. The gold traps are good, there are many fewer of them.) But I would only do this in combination with improving several other minions which have gotten weaker.

A much better solution would be for all traps of one type to upgrade together. That would balance the time and cost in one swoop. But I’m sure it would involve a client change.
Bruce Campbells Army of Darkness - an open lv 40 guild for casual players of all levels who want to develop their dungeons and get Dreadstone in tournaments
pitofdespair
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby JPN Keepers » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:21 pm

PoD,

You always make a good analysis.
I agree on your analysis on trap upgrade time and resources.
It will take years to upgrade them to Lv30 although some players already have lv30 Troll.

In my opinion, Troll would be still too strong even with Lv30 traps because of 1,000mana and disable trap spell.
No matter the level of traps, one Disable Trap can disable four of them in 10s.
With 1,000 mana, you can use Disable Trap x2, Thunderbolt x2, Bomb Wall x2 and Cluck Off x4.
Bomb Wall x 2 can make a route to DH.
Disable Trap x2 secures the route.
Thunderbolt x2 disables three rooms for 44s total.
Cluck Off x4 kills one vamp and one defense immortal or two vamps in Guild Lair.
Lv30 traps will increase the chance of successful defense but will not change the main story.
JPN Keepers
Upgraded Minion
Upgraded Minion

Postby pitofdespair » Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:13 am

Well I made one mistake in my analysis ;) I forgot there are 6 imps. So it is about 5 months to get one level on all traps, on average, and 7 years to get them to lv 30, for me.

I agree with you Devil Kitty. It is always possible to win. Epecially if you know where the traps are. And make no mistakes. You know too well that I often make mistakes ;)
Bruce Campbells Army of Darkness - an open lv 40 guild for casual players of all levels who want to develop their dungeons and get Dreadstone in tournaments
pitofdespair
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby JPN Keepers » Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:01 pm

PoD,

Well, I know you are a good person. :D
I also know well that you will get two stars from me without mana refill / immo revive after a few trials. :roll:
See you around. 8-)
JPN Keepers
Upgraded Minion
Upgraded Minion

Previous

Return to Suggestion Box