HOME        ABOUT
FORUMS        FAQ

Restore the old Tournament Start Times

Want to make suggestions about potential changes/additions to the game? Make them here!

Restore the old Tournament Start Times

Postby Kongar » Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:11 pm

TLDR: Switch back to the old tournament start times.

Hi EA,

As I watch another minor win in 3rd be eroded away while I sit at work it saddens me to think that I can't participate in the ending of a tournament any longer. You can understand that my employer frowns upon playing games while I work... or maybe you don't. I think your confused on how this relationship works. Instead of inconveniencing the players (your customers) you should take it upon yourself to bear the burden. I believe this is called customer service.

I appreciate all efforts to catch and ban the cheats. But... there are more transparent methods to all of the players.
      1) EA could arrange for staff to be available for the closing of tournaments regardless of the time. Shocking suggestion... to actually work to you customers schedule.. so how about something simpler...
      2) Just delay gem payout until 24 hours after tournament close. Not like someone has a gem loan shark to pay.

I know there are some players loving this end time... falls into their timezone and play style. But... I like fair play, which this currently isn't. I feel that my little victories (joy) have been taken and given to others... loss of joy upsets me...

Maybe you could enlighten us? How many cheats have been caught since this new fixed start time was implemented? Maybe you have some good data to support this decision... it's been a few tournaments.
Kongar
Upgraded Minion
Upgraded Minion

Re: Restore the old Tournament Start Times

Postby purgatoria » Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:45 pm

Kongar wrote:TLDR: Switch back to the old tournament start times.

Hi EA,

As I watch another minor win in 3rd be eroded away while I sit at work it saddens me to think that I can't participate in the ending of a tournament any longer. You can understand that my employer frowns upon playing games while I work... or maybe you don't. I think your confused on how this relationship works. Instead of inconveniencing the players (your customers) you should take it upon yourself to bear the burden. I believe this is called customer service.

I appreciate all efforts to catch and ban the cheats. But... there are more transparent methods to all of the players.
      1) EA could arrange for staff to be available for the closing of tournaments regardless of the time. Shocking suggestion... to actually work to you customers schedule.. so how about something simpler...
      2) Just delay gem payout until 24 hours after tournament close. Not like someone has a gem loan shark to pay.

I know there are some players loving this end time... falls into their timezone and play style. But... I like fair play, which this currently isn't. I feel that my little victories (joy) have been taken and given to others... loss of joy upsets me...

Maybe you could enlighten us? How many cheats have been caught since this new fixed start time was implemented? Maybe you have some good data to support this decision... it's been a few tournaments.

Delaying gem payout until some cheater checks is a good idea. The rest, well, nosomuch.
purgatoria
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby hell hole keeper » Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:03 pm

USA players have lost several hours of weekend play time because Chineese players were cheating. That's lame, EA!

Delay the gem payout for 24 hours if necessary, but this fixed start time is not cool for a global game.
Chaos Theory Join us if you wish to max out your dungeon and challenge your peers. No need for Baby Killing in here!
hell hole keeper
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby purgatoria » Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:37 am

hell hole keeper wrote:USA players have lost several hours of weekend play time because Chineese players were cheating. That's lame, EA!

Delay the gem payout for 24 hours if necessary, but this fixed start time is not cool for a global game.

Fixed start time unfair indeed. To accommodate and be fair to all players, it should cycle through the week and therefore not favor any specific time zone.
purgatoria
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby Keithustus » Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:26 pm

+1

Delay gem payouts while changing the start times by either (1) have one employee do some work once per week at odd hours, and/or (2) delay payouts until a set time regardless of when the tournament ends.
Keithustus
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby Kongar » Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:08 pm

Wow... gems right away. No review needed.

How about the start times get reset? If your not reviewing... then there's no point to the fixed time on a world wide game.

Would really be nice. :)
Kongar
Upgraded Minion
Upgraded Minion

Postby Mazmy » Wed May 18, 2016 10:40 am

+1
With the rolling start/end times, guilds could better planning witch tourney to fight. Now, in Europe, we loose 10 hours from the weekend to fight, and the last 10 hours we must work, so other guilds often win at this point.
Please, return to the rolling start/end times.
Thanks
Leader of Spain
Guild: Spain
Gremio Nivel 40
Reclutamiento: SI
Trofeos: + 22.500
Puntos de batalla: +8M
Mazmy

Postby amiguete001 » Wed May 18, 2016 12:54 pm

Vuelvan al formato de horarios aleatorios.
amiguete001

Postby Kongar » Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:38 am

Why can't start times be rotated? Fixed time isn't fair. :(
Kongar
Upgraded Minion
Upgraded Minion

Postby Starduka » Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:23 am

I didn't like the old start times. I was either sleeping or having lunch.
I suggest a rolling scheme with more variations.
Tournaments during week were also nice. What happened to the Blitz tourneys?
Guild - Vilified
HC Rings - 14: Skar Tactics x2, Italy x4, Romania, Russia, Mexico, OK, Sewercide, Spain Craft, Angry Unicorns, Danmark
Starduka
Upgraded Minion
Upgraded Minion

Next

Return to Suggestion Box