HOME        ABOUT
FORUMS        FAQ

No guild hopping while tournament

Want to make suggestions about potential changes/additions to the game? Make them here!

No guild hopping while tournament

Postby kristinam » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:29 pm

My guild is very active for a very long time. I take part in most of the weekly tounaments.
What I noticed is that:

Some guilds are beeing pushed by keepers who join them few hours (or minutes) before tournament is ending. This guilds then have thousends or tenthousends more stars within minutes and get into top three.
It seems not very fair for guilds, that are trying very hard.

My suggestion would be to not allow changing guilds while tournament is running.

Other solution would be that the stars a keeper won in a guild are counted only for that guild and can not taken with the keeper to a different guild.

What do you think of that?

kristina
kristinam

Re: No guild hopping while tournament

Postby unrafa » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:33 pm

Hi kristina, when someone leaves a guild all his stars earned are deleted. If they go to another guild they start from zero.

There are gangs of coordinated heavy hitters going from guild to guild the last day searching for the weakest tournament bracket, and then raiding hard the last hours.

There are also guilds with whiny little b. who call for backup to friends the last few hours to win because they cant.

It sucks sometimes, but after all this is a competition and part of the fun is playing smart.

This has been discused before and EA is unlikely to lock guilds or do anything because they want everyone to spend the maximum gems raiding and this gangs acomplish that in the way that the top3 guulds will spend more gems when a 4th guild appears out of nowhere and try to snatch the tournament.

This last tournament:
1 nomurrce 29251 5000 600

That is the weakest win i have ever seen, i wish i was there i would own the tournament all by myself.

Try to make a big lead next time, that should disencourage many others from chasing, or.. Figure it out ;-)

What is your guild?
This update is tremendously useless and unfair with 2 mines legacy dungeons. Sad!
unrafa
Upgraded Minion
Upgraded Minion

Postby pitofdespair » Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:58 pm

Agree with OP. No other tournament I've ever heard of allows people to switch teams after it has started. For good reason. Saying it happens doesn't mean it's good, or good for the game. The current rules discourage team building for all but the strongest players, and unduly reward the people who are already the strongest. They also punish smaller guilds that try hard to get on the podium, only to have someone in an unknown guild who happens to be in the right time zone hop in at the last minute. I can't think of a single reason why allowing hopping during tournaments makes the game better, though I'm sure those who directly benefit from it would claim it's great.
Bruce Campbells Army of Darkness - an open lv 40 guild for casual players of all levels who want to develop their dungeons and get Dreadstone in tournaments
Game Center: agoodspellr
pitofdespair
Keeper
Keeper

Postby unrafa » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:17 pm

Here we go again all over, all of this happened before :lol:

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=11566&p=87036&hilit=Lock+guilds#p87033

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=10592&p=80016&hilit=Lock+guilds#p80016

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=10411&hilit=Lock+guilds#p78262

There are more discussions, but with those 3 there is plenty to go on abd on reading. Enjoy :lol: :lol: :lol:
This update is tremendously useless and unfair with 2 mines legacy dungeons. Sad!
unrafa
Upgraded Minion
Upgraded Minion

Return to Suggestion Box