HOME        ABOUT
FORUMS        FAQ

Better level balancing

Want to make suggestions about potential changes/additions to the game? Make them here!

Better level balancing

Postby Gunbladelad » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:58 am

Simply put, some of the level balancing for raids could be a LOT better. There's been plenty of times my own dungeon's been getting raided by players with maxed out rooms and level 30+ creatures (including immortals).

Given that my highest level creatures are only level 7 & I've not even unlocked the torture chamber yet surely that's a massively mismatched fight and any revenge assault from me would be lucky to get past their first room.

There's got to be a way to set things up so that people won't be up against unwinnable odds due to scenarios like this.
Gunbladelad

Re: Better level balancing

Postby Kongar » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:47 pm

A better description is needed. What is your DCR (top left number) and trophy level versus your attackers?
Kongar
Upgraded Minion
Upgraded Minion

Postby purgatoria » Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:59 pm

Welcome to sandbagging. Some of the more developed players drop trophies intentionally to manipulate the match making for quick and easy wins. Is it unfair to the new guys? Yes. What can you do to limit your encounters with these cowardly keepers? Their goal is quick easy low cost wins to collect stars for the tournaments, so bolster your dark temple so they have a higher cost in mana when raiding. Avoid single tile walls, and upgrade your reinforced walls. Spread your rooms out so they are less likely to be able to hit them all in the time frame without sending out alot of minions.
What can you do to revenge? I like to refer to it as loot bagging, (i've been promoting the term for a few years but yes I still have hope that it will catch on) drop a few biles or skellies on their warehouse and treasury, take what you can get. Yes you will lose, but at the same time you win. You build up xp on your bombwall and whatever other spells you feel like practice. You get whatever loot you can grab for the cost of next to nothing. You'll only lose one or two trophies which are easily made up. Cluck off their immortal if you can, theyll have to wait for revive or pay gems to retrieve. And most importantly, they will gain trophies they don't want.
purgatoria
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby Alairik » Wed May 31, 2017 2:41 am

Hello,
I would like to support OP. He is right and i don't think additional information is needed. I belive leagues exist for competetive raiding within your league? and defending because nothing is more satisfying than well built dungeon.

But in more info is needed, so be it!
My DCR is 20 (was 16 when this happened too) and trophy level is 1736 vs 4973 as attacker.
Alairik

Postby pitofdespair » Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:41 pm

Lootbagged, i like it. I get lootbagged more than any other attack now.
Bruce Campbells Army of Darkness - an open lv 40 guild for casual players of all levels who want to develop their dungeons and get Dreadstone in tournaments
pitofdespair
Keeper
Keeper

Postby Gunbladelad » Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:42 pm

Since last time I've beefed up my minions a bit (still none over lvl10 though - same with the rooms & defences) and am in the slow process of mining out all the gems on my map in order to be able to spread out my rooms as much as possible after that's done.

Sadly it's slow going, but my dungeon is fending off some of the raiders a bit better now. Next step - get more imps to speed things up...

Lotbagging's only an option if you can actually get near their resource rooms - and I'm not sure how many cluck off attacks would be needed to capture a level 30 immortal. I'd likely need to upgrade my library - which requires more gold than I can even store just yet...
Gunbladelad

Postby purgatoria » Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:57 pm

The main point is to give them trophies they don't want, the rest is just a bonus for you. Also forgot to mention that after losing a raid you typically get an easier pairing for a real raid
purgatoria
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Return to Suggestion Box