HOME        ABOUT
FORUMS        FAQ

Prevent guild use in PvP raids

Want to make suggestions about potential changes/additions to the game? Make them here!

Prevent guild use in PvP raids

Postby Treewhippet » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:06 pm

Deployment of extra minions using the guild should not be allowed in PvP battles, both for the attacker and for the defender. PvP battles should be fair for everyone, including those of us who don't need to use guilds to win. Sort it out please. Thank you.
Treewhippet

Re: Prevent guild use in PvP raids

Postby Treewhippet » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:09 pm

Just to add to the point, it's bad enough having 2 million in stone taken by someone on 20000 trophy points, but to see they've only beaten me by deploying extra minions from their guild is a little annoying.
Treewhippet

Postby Starduka » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:45 pm

You may not need guilds to win a raid, but a level 40 guild offers a lot of benefits, like:
- 20% extra mana generation
- 20% less minion trainning time
- 20% less minion summoning time
... and lots of other perks.

Adding to that, if you participate in tournaments, you get gems and dreadstones according to your score.

Feel free to join us in guild "The Malazans" to experience it.
The only thing we ask is that you donate back the guild minions you use.
Guild - The Malazans
Starduka
Upgraded Minion
Upgraded Minion

Postby Treewhippet » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:58 pm

It's fair enough to benefit from guild membership in those ways. I have nothing against that. But PvP battles should be fair. I consider it cheating if you have to resort to using borrowed minions to defeat a dungeon that has only about a quarter of your trophy points. What's the point of playing the game if you're guaranteed to win every raid by using extra minions?
Treewhippet

Postby pitofdespair » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:11 pm

The minions from the guild banner are pretty minor. It's just an extra 20 space on top of 115 space from hatcheries, and they deploy slowly, all in the same spot, and don't even deploy if the banner dies. On average it's roughly a 10% boost to power, certainly less than you get from buying first strike or scouting. Guilds are a part of the game. It doesn't become cheating just just because you don't want to play by the rules. Cheating is something people get banned for doing. You can always search for an idle guild to hang out in, if you don't want to pay to make one for yourself.

Many have complained that someone attacking you with ten times your trophies is unfair, though.
Bruce Campbells Army of Darkness - an open lv 40 guild for casual players of all levels who want to develop their dungeons and get Dreadstone in tournaments
pitofdespair
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby Treewhippet » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:02 pm

I don't know how the extra minions are deployed when people attack but the ones that appear from the guild lair as defenders are very strong - ghosts, vampires and psycho ladies or whatever they're called. You end up having to use up a lot of mana trying to kill them. It's not PvP if you're also up against extra minions from the guild, it's PvGuild. The guilds should be just for the tournaments.
Treewhippet

Postby Treewhippet » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:09 pm

It's got nothing to do with paying to create a guild. I enjoy the strategy of planning an attack or trying to set up my dungeon in defence. It takes something away from the game if you have to compete with extra minions. Fair enough if people want to pay for boosts because they're doing it themselves and it's still PvP. Using your guild for help is cowardly.
Treewhippet

Postby Plague » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:17 pm

Sorry to say it but you kinda miss the point of guild minions, and it's not cheating or cowardly.
Using your flawed logic then it must be 'cheating' to use a captured immortal.
Plague

Postby purgatoria » Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:34 pm

Treewhippet wrote:I don't know how the extra minions are deployed when people attack but the ones that appear from the guild lair as defenders are very strong - ghosts, vampires and psycho ladies or whatever they're called. You end up having to use up a lot of mana trying to kill them. It's not PvP if you're also up against extra minions from the guild, it's PvGuild. The guilds should be just for the tournaments.

Ghosts used to defend the guild specific for the very fact that very few minions will target them and usually do force the attacker to use mana.
Vamps in guild hall saved for direct attack on dh, and defencive bonus of turning attacking minions to defense
Mistresses because they take up a lot of spots other minions could be using
Its called tactics, they are useful, and you should use them rather than complain about others using them
purgatoria
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby Treewhippet » Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:47 am

The previous two posts have failed to understand my suggestion. First, I'm not complaining; I've used the suggestion box to post a suggestion for how to make PvP battles genuinely PvP. Fair enough - the word cheating was an exaggeration so I'll take that back. But the point of a PvP battle is that it's player v player and you should be using your own strategy to win raids rather than relying on extra minions from your guild. Using boosts, which I don't, or a captured immortal are not analogous to using your team to win what is supposed to be one player against another player. You'll get far more satisfaction from using a good strategy to win instead of going to your guild for extra help. A player on 30 thousand trophy points with a dungeon level of 200 should really be able to to defeat a player on 6800 trophy points at level 156 without any help from their guild, but apparently not. You will enjoy the game a lot more if you use your brain to win.
Treewhippet

Next

Return to Suggestion Box