HOME        ABOUT
FORUMS        FAQ

change matchmaking to end with player with dcr 200 and 1k tr

Want to make suggestions about potential changes/additions to the game? Make them here!

change matchmaking to end with player with dcr 200 and 1k tr

Postby Troudouillet » Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:08 am

Hi,

Lot of player lost match to have low trophy. Advantage: in tournaments. Easy win and a lot of star.
Me, when matchmaking give me a low trophy player, i send 2 or 3 minion, my immortal and
100% and 650 stars.
So easy. 1 gems to renew monions and let's go.

I said enough, not fair play.

Why matchmaking isnot based on dcr ?

You have big dcr, you fight big dcr.
There is no way a player 200dcr can't win another player 200dcr.

And a small trophy player will not have only big player give by matchmaking.
I have this problem with an account. Low dcr (89) but big trophy (6.5k). And matchmaking give me more 160k dcr than same dcr level. Hard to find a same level player to fight.

With dcr matchmaking, you fight same level player than you.
It's a very fair system for me. And really better than now.
It will be useless to lost fight to get low trophy znd make easy stars in tournaments.
And low dcr player will be happy to get same dcr player to fight.

What do you think ?
Troudouillet

Re: change matchmaking to end with player with dcr 200 and 1

Postby Max donjon » Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:02 am

Yes, Trou is right. The current system is inconsistent. If you are drc 200, beating a small donjon is trivial.
Another way to solve the issue would be to give reward only based on opponent drc. So you can fight small dungeons but you won't get many stars
Max donjon

Postby pitofdespair » Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:08 am

Yep, this is a long debate. They've said that they want to improve the system.
Bruce Campbells Army of Darkness - an open lv 40 guild for casual players of all levels who want to develop their dungeons and get Dreadstone in tournaments
pitofdespair
Keeper
Keeper

Postby newruler » Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:02 pm

That's why you don't try to find excuses. According to your request, dcr270 people can only play with the top of a few people every day. A hard upgrade is not going to play? You do not seriously upgrade DCR, but also ask those who have more than you put into a more miserable fate. You're whimsical.
newruler

Postby Kaihawaii » Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:20 am

-1, keep it as is. I like low hanging and high hanging fruits, but I want to chose myself which dungeon at a time.
Dungeon & Gamecenter ID: As Tiny goes by
Campaign walktrough: Battle of the Elements
Kaihawaii
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby Xenjahr » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:23 am

I think a solution would be not to consider the trophies score in the matchmaking. Because it's easy to manipulate your trophies number.

Postby Starduka » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:51 am

Xenjahr wrote:I think a solution would be not to consider the trophies score in the matchmaking. Because it's easy to manipulate your trophies number.

Not a good solution.
Trophies is the only way to balance matchmaking and get opponents according to raiding skill. A failed raid should demote player rank (Trophy level) and lead to an easier opponent in the next raid.
Matchmaking based only on player dcr can put players in a place where they are not able to win a raid anymore.
Guild - The Malazans
HC Rings - 14: Skar Tactics x2, Italy x4, Romania, Russia, Mexico, OK, Sewercide, Spain Craft, Angry Unicorns, Danmark
Starduka
Upgraded Minion
Upgraded Minion

Postby Kongar » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:47 pm

Change to trophy only matches and trophy only tournament stars rewarded.

Players will naturally build big dungeons to compete at high levels. That would be the long play DCR advantage.

If you're not as skilled, stay in lower brackets and enjoy the game. You just can't earn stars as quickly.

Ends sandbagging.
Ends low trophy players being hit by massive dungeons.
Kongar
Upgraded Minion
Upgraded Minion

Postby pitofdespair » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:02 pm

Trophy-only creates problems too.

If tourney stars are linear based on trophies, you can keep raising offense (which gives an exponential advantage) while keeping trophies the same. There will be a sweet trophy spot depending on the star curve, how long it takes to complete a raid, and how expensive the raids are. The sweet spot will not be at the highest trophies you can get because one line is linear and the other is exponential - there will be a crossing point, which is the optimum. So there will be sandbagging to that level. People will figure out what it is by trial and error.

If you make the tourney stars exponential based on trophies to match the advantage of leveling up and avoid the above, then the people on the leaderboard will get a huge proportion of the rewards in tourneys, which they can put back into rushing development, giving them an even bigger advantage in the next tourney, and so on. They will squeeze all of the profits of the tourneys to themselves with no way for lower trophy people to catch up. Especially now, where the catch-up mechanism of increasing training/building times ends around dcr 120 and 14 days. (If there were no tournaments, you could do trophy-only matching.)

Using the trophy & dcr combination for matchmaking makes sense. There’s a reason it was put in place after testing different methods. It would be better if the offensive components of dcr (spell lvls, minion lvls, hatchery lvl, guild hall lvl) & offensive trophies were matched against defensive dcr components (building lvls, door lvls, trap lvls, d minion lvls), after scaling them to be proportional. It’d also be better in tourneys if bonus stars were given for the minimum of your dcr or league, not the sum of them, so that manipulating one down can’t be used to get an exponential advantage in matching while keeping the other high so that only half of the bonus is exponentially reduced. But these are years-old ideas now. There’s been lots of other ideas, like matching against a clone if the dcr spread is too high, which saves the little one while saving variety in matching for the big one. Devs have said they’d like to work on it when they have time.

Sorry for the long post... the mathematician in me just can’t handle it. ;)
Bruce Campbells Army of Darkness - an open lv 40 guild for casual players of all levels who want to develop their dungeons and get Dreadstone in tournaments
pitofdespair
Keeper
Keeper

Postby Troudouillet » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:49 pm

A simple way is to calculate stars only with opponent dcr. Or the best way oppenents dcr and trophee.
No interrest to sandbag.

Another way is to give stars in function of dcr subtraction
(Maximum dcr + 3*Opponent dcr - your dcr)
It's sound very good !

Dcr 25 attack dcr 30
300 + 3*30 - 25 = 365
Dcr 200 attack dcr 30 (hey, go kick big dcr)
300+3*30-200=190
Dcr 200 attack dcr 100 (so easy)
400 stars
Dcr 200 attack dcr 200
700 stars

And small dcr player will do more stars. (But minus than big dcr)
And in same time, we can set more stars for qualification to end with qualification in one attack !
Must be 3 or 4 attack to be qualified to hc.
Troudouillet

Next

Return to Suggestion Box