HOME        ABOUT
FORUMS        FAQ

Plundering : bad days for high trophy players

Want to make suggestions about potential changes/additions to the game? Make them here!

Plundering : bad days for high trophy players

Postby Xenjahr » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:49 am

Greetings keepers and devs,

I wanted to report a side effect of building/traps time changes of update #8.
One of the main effects is a huge need in ressources as the buildings and traps are updated much faster.
Plundering is very intense since the update and high level dungeon hearts give the opportunity of great loots.
The problem is that I see more and more players who let down trophies progression to concentrate on the dcr and pillaging. The trophy course remains the priority of very few players. I'm one of them. And every time I close my app for 2-3 hours I get attacked by 5 players or more and I loose beetween 10 and 20M of each ressource. Then it becomes very difficult to regain them and some more. It would be much more efficient to give my dungeon heart for free and protect my ressources. Many players have decided to do that. On the other hand is is very interesting for a low level trophy to take a big guy's ressource room because it gives easily several million of each ressource.
I see two problems there :
- Maximum stock will be 88M. Nevertheless as soon as you have around 20M everybody may steal you around 6M. The amount of ressource available for stealing should be more proportional.
- New leagues should be created to encourage people to gain trophies. The purpose of the game should remain winning !

Thanks for reading !
Xen

Re: Plundering : bad days for high trophy players

Postby Kaapie » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:05 am

Or another way around this is to allow for a cave in if either the attacker reaches 40% and loses or if attacked twice unsuccessfully (under 51% ofcourse) by opponents. You will at least be safe from attacks for a few hours and can recover some resources.
Kaapie

Postby Grimlord » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:37 am

Aye, we really need new leagues to keep up with the new levels available to us now.

Here's my idea:

League/Trophies Needed/Loot Bonus

Overlord I/7,000/500K
Overlord II/8,500/1M
Overlord III/10,000/1.5M

Emperor I/11,500/2M
Emperor II/13,000/4M
Emperor III/15,000/6M

Overlord is Blue and Emperor is Purple

Another idea, which I suggested in another thread, is to penalize the loot of failed attacks (so the attacker gets maybe only half the loot they could've got if they won, while the other half goes back to the defending player). I mean I fail to see why this is acceptable and they should be able to get away with it with only a penalty of 1 measly trophy: Image

And Aye to the Cave-In Idea
Last edited by Grimlord on Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grimlord
Minion
Minion

Postby Kongar » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:51 am

Game should be significantly harder at higher levels. Maybe eliminate the bonus above a certain trophy count.

However... maybe there is a need for a secondary currency that allows keepers to save and protect in 10mil increments. But banks don't work for free. 10mil of gold and stone allows withdrawal of 10mil of one or the other. Limit to 10 total deposits at a time. Should help players make the upgrades while leaving resources in the dungeons for when they're attacked. Just another column to add to the server and exchange rate in the gem/dreadstones converter.
Kongar
Upgraded Minion
Upgraded Minion

Postby DK2Hell » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:07 pm

Have a additional idea:

Set the cave out time to the damage...i mean this:

10% damage = 1hour cave out
20% = 2h
30% = 3h and so on...

50% = 7h
60% = 8h
70% = 9h and so on...

100% = 12h :mrgreen:
SKAR TACTICS | Level 40 | 6 Rings...needs you!

Klick here!
http://forums.dungeonkeeper.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=10767

My Line ID = me12345683
DK2Hell
Keeper
Keeper

Postby JPN Keepers » Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:26 am

This is a good thread with all good ideas. 8-)

+1 Grimlord. We need a new league.
My idea is simply reconfigure the required trophies.
Also add protection % against plundering. Lower league receives more protection.
Bronze: 5k / 50%
Silver: 10k / 60%
Gold: 20k / 70%
Obsidian: 30k / 80%
Dread I: 40k / 90%
Dread II: 60k / 100%
Dread III: 80k / 110%

Do not worry about high trophy players. They live in DK world 24/7. Cave in is meaningless for them. :D
JPN Keepers
Upgraded Minion
Upgraded Minion

Postby pitofdespair » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:40 pm

Lots of good ideas. I do think that this has been a problem for lower level players getting attacked by high level for a very long time, and now it is just happening to high level players too. It ya a bit worse because the low level would lose and get cave in, while the high level may not.

I disagree that the game is too easy at high level - it is only so if you have offensive boosts or are far ahead on minion training. People without boosts seem to lose a reasonable amount. The solution to that would be to increase boost cost, which I doubt would be popular.
Bruce Campbells Army of Darkness - an open lv 40 guild for casual players of all levels who want to develop their dungeons and get Dreadstone in tournaments
pitofdespair
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Return to Suggestion Box