HOME        ABOUT
FORUMS        FAQ

Discourage 1 skeleton "attacks"

Want to make suggestions about potential changes/additions to the game? Make them here!

Discourage 1 skeleton "attacks"

Postby grim-one » Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:15 am

I'm not entirely sure what these players are doing but it doesn't seem to be in the spirit of the game. They attack with a single skeleton then immediately forfeit. I can only imagine they're trying to buff up their attack or defense points (via revenge) or possibly even to drop their evil rankings.
ID: Grim Dungeon
Guild: Horny 'n' Stoned
grim-one
Keeper
Keeper

Re: Discourage 1 skeleton "attacks"

Postby spcbrass » Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:17 pm

grim-one wrote:I'm not entirely sure what these players are doing but it doesn't seem to be in the spirit of the game. They attack with a single skeleton then immediately forfeit. I can only imagine they're trying to buff up their attack or defense points (via revenge) or possibly even to drop their evil rankings.

This could be someone at a fairly low level or someone without any mana to break through your walls that only has ground troops just testing your dungeon with one skeleton first to see your trap setup. It happens to me from one side of my dungeon from time to time and their skeleton doesn't even make it to the first door before being overwhelmed with traps.

Why lose all of your troops if you can already see the route is too perilous? I certainly wouldn't sacrifice all of mine if I couldn't find a way in, though I generally like to send in a small scout party as opposed to 1 when I attack with ground troops.

They won't gain any attack points, and they will lose evil points (which you will gain) as a result of their cowardice!
Ninja Rocket Surgeon

Don Quixote wrote:Finally, from so little sleeping and so much reading, his brain dried up and he went completely out of his mind.

Device: HTC One
Game Version: tu3.1.0.69.248444
spcbrass
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby Punkist » Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:03 pm

That could have been me :P, I was training my chicken bomb spell
Punkist
Upgraded Minion
Upgraded Minion

Postby grim-one » Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:57 pm

The guy I see doing it repeatedly is "dungeon". Coincidentally, "dungeon" is the name of the top player on several leaderboards. I really do think he's accumulating points doing it.
ID: Grim Dungeon
Guild: Horny 'n' Stoned
grim-one
Keeper
Keeper

Postby minion » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:16 am

1 skeleton? You're damn right that's annoying!

I usually send at least 2!
ID: sz
Guild: [CHN] EA还我们宝石

LG G4 H812
Android 5.1
minion

Postby unrafa » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:45 pm

Agree 1 skeleton attacks are not in the spirit of the game
This update is tremendously useless and unfair with 2 mines legacy dungeons. Sad!
unrafa
Upgraded Minion
Upgraded Minion

Postby Kongar » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:00 pm

I'm too cheap to drop more than one... sandbaggers and babies do this to control/reduce trophy counts to maintain desired matching.

How many would be dropped to meet the "spirt" requirement? Should I keep track? When and who will audit? :)
Kongar
Upgraded Minion
Upgraded Minion

Postby Starduka » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:05 pm

grim-one wrote:I'm not entirely sure what these players are doing but it doesn't seem to be in the spirit of the game. They attack with a single skeleton then immediately forfeit. I can only imagine they're trying to buff up their attack or defense points (via revenge) or possibly even to drop their evil rankings.

I see you joined this forum long ago (2013). Never saw posts mentioning "sandbagging"? If you search for it, you'll find long and intense discussions about it. Enjoy
Guild - Vilified
HC Rings - 14: Skar Tactics x2, Italy x4, Romania, Russia, Mexico, OK, Sewercide, Spain Craft, Angry Unicorns, Danmark
Starduka
Upgraded Minion
Upgraded Minion

Postby Plague » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:07 am

Such a old argument, people telling others how they can or can't play.
If you look on the heartbreaker board you will even find one of these players, and to top it of they have even called themselves a dirty sandbagger! !!!!!!!
Despicable behaviour..................... :roll:
Plague

Postby Kongar » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:24 pm

You're wasting your time and energy hating the player. Root cause of the behavior is the scoring system rewarding 101+ DCR dungeons attacher DCR stars. These stars plus easy no mana wins at low trophy counts result in high tournament star counts. Sandbagging player seek to maximize stars while minimizing gem spend to gather more gems/tournament wins.

Don't blame the player, blame the game.

Seek a fair scoring system that rewards stars based solely on the DCR destroyed and eliminate the current incentive to sandbag.
Kongar
Upgraded Minion
Upgraded Minion

Next

Return to Suggestion Box