HOME        ABOUT
FORUMS        FAQ

Call for "Submissions"

Want to make suggestions about potential changes/additions to the game? Make them here!

Call for "Submissions"

Postby Gene_Mythic » Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:25 am

Hey, gang!

One of the duties that I've tasked myself with during the transition to the new team is: I'm harvesting Suggestions that you guys have made here, compiling them, and providing them to the relevant teams.

To that end, I'd like to solicit some assistance from you guys and gals, in a few different ways:

A) For those of you with the time and inclination, please take a gander at some of the already-submitted threads in this Suggestion Box subforum, and if you have an opinion one way or the other, please provide that feedback. Even if it's a +1, etc. If there's an idea that's been submitted with which you DISagree, please provide information about WHY you disagree... and if you have any alternative suggestions in response to the original, please make them.

B) if any of you have any NEW ideas that haven't yet been suggested here, now is the time to put your thoughts together in a cohesive fashion, and submit them! Please be sure to create a NEW thread outlining your idea(s). (And please don't post them here in this thread; I'm not locking this topic, so that I can address any process questions you guys might have.)

Certainly, I don't expect folks to look through ALL of the previously-submitted ideas here... but if we can mitigate the number of duplicate suggestions, it would be super-helpful. Over the next few days, I'm also going to spend time making a concerted effort to merge similar topics.

I should also mention here that this process does NOT guarantee that any individual suggestion will be incorporated into upcoming game design; that will ultimately be up to the new team. But I'd like to provide them with as much information as I can about the kinds of things that you guys would like to see changed in/added to/removed from the game.

As always, please keep your ideas (and responses to other peoples' ideas) as constructive as possible, and rudeness-free. Any suggestions/posts made that are laced with a bunch of hate, excessive snark and/or antagonism will not be forwarded along.

Thanks, in advance, to those of you who are able to take some time to help out with this project.
Gene_Mythic

Re: Call for "Submissions"

Postby Gene_Mythic » Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:33 am

One more thing:

If, when making a Suggestion submission, if you could also provide some guidance about the relative importance/urgency you feel is attached to the suggestion, that would also be helpful.

For example, if you could designate your Suggestions as something akin to:

• I consider this to be a "MUST HAVE"/Critical importance
  • Important, should be considered foremost after critical game issues have been addressed.
  • Fairly important/Medium Urgency
  • Would be nice to have/Lower on the totem pole
Thanks!
Gene_Mythic

Postby Gene_Mythic » Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:55 am

Another thing: :)

If you've already made Suggestions previously, it's not necessary to re-post the very same Suggestions here.

If you'd like to update your original thread(s) with urgency/importance values, please edit your original posts.

Also, as indicated in my original post: please don't post ideas in THIS thread. :)

Thanks!
Gene_Mythic

Postby Shadow_Wolf » Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:25 pm

If the two suggestion posts had their own thread each then I would say +1 on both threads for excellent suggestions that should be implemented to within certain degrees... So...

+1 and...

+1
Shadow Wolf.
Leader of The Shadow Keepers , Level 26
Shadow_Wolf
Upgraded Minion
Upgraded Minion

Postby Da Core » Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:34 pm

+1 I wish I could shake your hand Gene. Thanks!
Killalot previous DaCore
Killalittle (alt)
Guild: Skar Tactics cuz Grud and Kat left...
Playing Second Earth and my Xbox One.
Da Core
Keeper
Keeper

Postby ifhbiff » Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:55 am

Gene_Mythic wrote:... that I've tasked myself ...

And that part itself shows Gene's true passion for his job and his product. Another +1 for you, Gene. Honestly, I've been coming back to these forums on occasion mostly just to check on the death knell state of this game, but as a player in general, I appreciate your belief and drive. Good luck rescuing this thing; it deserves better than what it is.
ifhbiff
Upgraded Minion
Upgraded Minion

Postby Minotaar » Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:03 pm

Gene,

I know you guys are going through a complex time. But it would be a shame of your community disappears before your reorganization is complete.

I think that greater dialogue would really invigorate the community, and right now, it's totally dead. There isnt even an event raid.

I'd like to make a suggest for enhancing dialogue and discussion right now: Have an employee comment in the viability of suggestions on this forum from an implementation perspective, without any guarantee that anything will be implemented or that ideas are concrete. This would be a means for shaping the discussion here so that the ideas you get - when you are ready for them - will be of the highest relevance.

I'm not asking anyone to commit to anything. I'm asking for dialogue. There are serious doubts about whether DK will even continue to be supported in a reasonable way. We're facing a wall of silence, and players dont wait forever.

Mino
Minotaar
Keeper
Keeper

Postby Forgoodnesssake » Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:42 am

+1 critical importance on the communication / dialogue !
Forgoodnesssake
Minion
Minion

Postby ThereAreNoCows » Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:07 am

Main suggestion, keep u as you are :)
I had left the game long ago but kept tabs in forum- yr one dedicated to yr work
Hope Gene(yes u!) stays, best of luck for future enderviours~

Cow blesses u
Th@r@ @r@ N@ C€Ws !n Dungeon!!!!
iPhone 5s
Wifi-4G
Lastest version
Guild Mwa-ha-ha!
ThereAreNoCows
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby xXBullXx » Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:40 pm

Maybe, after 1 month of posting this, a list of considered suggestions would be appreciated by the community.

There are a lot of good suggestions and some "hot topics" discussed by various threads. A feedback would be nice to show everyone that our constructivity is taken into consideration.
If you refer to me just use 'Bull' and spare those darn xX-Xx, the name was not available!

German Empire - one of them ^^
xXBullXx
Minion
Minion

Next

Return to Suggestion Box