HOME        ABOUT
FORUMS        FAQ

Power Up Events

Frequently Asked Questions

Power Up Events

Postby DKDev_Chris » Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:11 pm

Greetings Keepers,

I've recently been authorized to reintroduce Power Up Events. Before I go nuts on the gamedata, I first wanted to solicit feedback from the community about Power Ups you'd like to see.

If the request is something I can manipulate via data, IE things like existing abilities, HP, DMG, Speed, etc, and it's within reason, I'll add your idea to my backlog and work off of those first.

Right now the plan is to introduce these Events via our normally scheduled weekly deployments, so they'll run from Tuesday to Tuesday. I haven't yet decided if we'll run week them back to back though, so if you have any opinions on the matter please share those here.

Happy hunting!
DKDev_Chris
Developer
Developer

Re: Power Up Events

Postby pitofdespair » Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:57 pm

I thought one week on one week off would be good. Then I realized I only use half of the minions anyways. ;) Maybe rotate through the 9 with the 10th week no power up. Maybe alternate weak to strong minions...
whelp... skeleton... necromancer... troll... ghost... warlock... vampire... bile demon... mistress... off week... whelp...

Probably power up the unique feature of each minion? Or mitigate their biggest weakness. Either way.

Maybe just skip immortals? With 9 minions to power up, that’s a pretty long cycle, and the people who benefit from immortals will be very random and really strong in tournaments. Or just power up lower level immortals? Not sure.

Anyways, a welcome idea! :)
Bruce Campbells Army of Darkness - an open lv 40 guild for casual players of all levels who want to develop their dungeons and get Dreadstone in tournaments
pitofdespair
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby JPN Keepers » Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:48 pm

I like to have a combination power up.

Some examples of combination would be:
Air striker: Tiny, Ghost, Whelp, UR mine and missile
Sniper: Sir C, Glarggl, Warlock and Tiny
Plunderer: Swampus, Bile, Skelton, HP xx% up for resource rooms
Mana Saver: Deegg, Mortimer, Troll, increase mana generation by Library
Defenser: Tiny, Deegg, all rooms and traps HP xx% up, defense minion's HP xx% up
Speeder: Increase minion speed, summon time xx% off, Increase mana generation by Library, decrease waiting time for minion withdraw from Guild lair
Stunner: Increase stunning and slow time of Zapper, Freeze, temple, Mistress, Tiny and Glarggl
Summer: Increase xx% attack of Fire trap, chicken bomb, DH's infererno fire, Warlock's fireball, Dante, Magmow, decrease slow time of Freeze and Tiny.
Winter: Freeze trap cannot be disbled, decrease minion and immortal speed, decrease xx% attack of Fire trap, chicken bomb, DH's infererno fire, Warlock's fireball, Dante, Magmow.
Unlimited Trap: Boulder trap, Chicken bomb and Spring trap refill every xx sec.
JPN Keepers
Upgraded Minion
Upgraded Minion

Postby Starduka » Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:35 am

JPN Keepers wrote:I like to have a combination power up.

Some examples of combination would be:
Air striker: Tiny, Ghost, Whelp, UR mine and missile
Sniper: Sir C, Glarggl, Warlock and Tiny
Plunderer: Swampus, Bile, Skelton, HP xx% up for resource rooms
Mana Saver: Deegg, Mortimer, Troll, increase mana generation by Library
Defenser: Tiny, Deegg, all rooms and traps HP xx% up, defense minion's HP xx% up
Speeder: Increase minion speed, summon time xx% off, Increase mana generation by Library, decrease waiting time for minion withdraw from Guild lair
Stunner: Increase stunning and slow time of Zapper, Freeze, temple, Mistress, Tiny and Glarggl
Summer: Increase xx% attack of Fire trap, chicken bomb, DH's infererno fire, Warlock's fireball, Dante, Magmow, decrease slow time of Freeze and Tiny.
Winter: Freeze trap cannot be disbled, decrease minion and immortal speed, decrease xx% attack of Fire trap, chicken bomb, DH's infererno fire, Warlock's fireball, Dante, Magmow.
Unlimited Trap: Boulder trap, Chicken bomb and Spring trap refill every xx sec.

Some nice ideas.
I wouldn't power up defenses. Players may find it hard to win raids and just stop playing.
Guild - The Malazans
Starduka
Upgraded Minion
Upgraded Minion

Postby EvelKnievel » Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:02 pm

I really like the idea of power up events.
Great Idea!

I would prefer pitofdespair's suggestion although i would not repeat it too often. Maybe just once or twice a year.
EvelKnievel

Postby pisus » Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:28 pm

Great to hear that!
I wouldn't mind if every week there will be a power up event, but after a while it will be boring again and repetitive, so I suppose every second or third week would be sufficient for more entertainment, that's why I previously talked about blitzes, those were only for a day and scheduled once per month. Having a whole week is certainly more interesting, but having it every week won't do any good in the long term.
I like the idea of combos, aerial/ground, fire/ice etc. to have the opportunity to have more minions/immortals at once, especially if the event will be scheduled occasionally, otherwise players will have to wait many months until they will have their favorite minion/immortal powered up.
Just my thoughts of course, anyway happy to contribute for what is possible :D
pisus
Minion
Minion

Postby HellSewercide » Wed May 01, 2019 5:32 am

I think we can have power ups every week, as they are also part of the normal promotions.

I think we should have immortal power-ups too, I say this because most people have the "right" immortals levelled up, but for those unfortunate people that have spent time levelling an immortal to find out he's not as good as some of the others, this will let them have a good week.

For me, I think Horny isn't as good anymore, His level 35-40 benefits are unnoticeable. WOW he stuns, normally he just swipes and kills anyway. I expected Horny level 40 ability would be like his Power-up event where he get an extra radius square when he swipes. Swamp and Mortimer are pretty much useless at level 40 too.

I thought it's probably worth mentioning that last week we had the Dragon power up, to show how weak dragons are, even with the dragon power ups people didn't use them, it was acceleration week so the resupply was cheaper and still people didn't use them as they still required 1500-2000 mana to beat top dungeons.
Dungeon: Hell | Position: Leader | Guild: Sewercide | Horny Chosen Rings: 42 (Sewercide x6, Italy x12, Russia x10, Skar Tactics x2, Romania x2, Slovakia x3, France x2, Mexico, Dutch, France actif, Gilde Pilsner, TER)
HellSewercide
Upgraded Minion
Upgraded Minion

Return to FAQ