HOME        ABOUT
FORUMS        FAQ

Immortals 101

Immortals 101

Postby Gene_Mythic » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:04 pm

We've got some exciting things planned for the game in the near future, and today we're excited to share some information about one particular feature addition that is coming soon: Immortals!

Who, or what, are Immortals?
Immortals are hero monsters that are unique, have distinct personalities and abilities, and are far more powerful than normal monsters. Similar to Minions, Immortals can be leveled up via use of the Training Room, making them tougher and stronger. But there are some fairly significant differences between Minions and Immortals, as well.

How are Immortals different from regular Minions?
One of the more exciting features of Immortals is that when deployed while raiding an enemy, it is possible to order them to attack specific Rooms of your choosing! This is easily done by simply tapping on the Immortal to select it (or via a modified deployment icon), and then tapping on the Room you want your Immortal to attack.

Additionally, each Immortal has some special and unique abilities, which will be revealed separately in individual posts (akin to what we've done on the forums with features/spotlights on Minions, Rooms, Traps and Spells).

How do I get them?
Immortals can be acquired in a few different ways: once your Dungeon Heart attains Level 7, you may build a new Room: the Guard Post, where you can unlock individual Immortals permanently via Gold, Stone or Gems; OR, you can temporarily capture an enemy's Immortal while raiding their dungeon. (More on that below.) While you can have multiple purchased Immortals in your arsenal, only one of them can be in play at any given time. However, if you've managed to temporarily capture an enemy's Immortal (making them available for a 1-time deploy use), you'd be able to deploy two for a single raid!

What makes them "immortal"?
Instead of dying like normal Minions, Immortals get "knocked out" instead, when their health is reduced to 0. Once knocked out, they require time to recuperate before they're able to be used to attack or defend again. It is possible to bring them out of this state early through the use of gems, which can also be done DURING a Raid in progress! They can only be Revived in this way once during PVP raids (similar to the limitation associated with refilling Mana).

What about this "capturing" business?
To capture an enemy's Immortal while raiding their Dungeon, you must defeat it (knocking it out, as described above), and then respond to a Capture? prompt within a brief window of time. There is also an associated gold cost; if you are unable to pay the requisite amount, you may use gems, at your discretion.

Immortals will eventually return to their rightful owner, after a set amount of time. If you don't wish to wait for this timer to expire, you may launch a Rescue mission by attacking the player who has taken your Immortal hostage. This attack progresses as a normal attack would; any win condition (1+ stars) results in a successful rescue, returning the Immortal to your custody (albeit still a bit battered and bruised; they'll still need to recover from their ordeal before becoming available for your use).
Gene_Mythic

Re: Immortals 101

Postby Kiminoth » Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:10 am

Wow pretty keen to get my hands one of these!
Eversmile
Kiminoth

Postby Ranneko » Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:44 pm

These do sound pretty fun, looking forward to them coming out.
Ranneko
Minion
Minion

Postby mwdalton » Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:06 am

Nice! Will they look different, or be customisable, at all?
Guild: Serious Business
mwdalton

Postby Ranneko » Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:37 am

Is the guard post meant to only have 1 level? Its stats seem kind of odd.

Upgradable, 1950 health, 1 damage, 3 tile range.

EDIT: Just tested my own dungeon after building it, no attack animation or visible damage either.
Ranneko
Minion
Minion

Postby mwdalton » Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:10 am

Time to get grinding towards level 7! :D
Guild: Serious Business
mwdalton

Postby spcbrass » Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:32 am

mwdalton wrote:Time to get grinding towards level 7! :D

I'm so close I can almost taste it! Either that or I've been mining to many tiles in my dungeon!
Ninja Rocket Surgeon

Don Quixote wrote:Finally, from so little sleeping and so much reading, his brain dried up and he went completely out of his mind.

Device: HTC One
Game Version: tu3.1.0.69.248444
spcbrass
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby grim-one » Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:19 am

Is there a cool down or cost to using immortals? I know if they get knocked out they take some time or gems to revive, but I mean if they attack do they incur some sort of cost.

I ask because I'm constantly getting raided by Tiny, usually alone, where the attacker kills one or two rooms then quits. I had one player do that twice in half an hour to me. They got a few thousand gold and stone, otherwise they lost a couple of evil points and I assume got some attack points. This could be a down ranking tactic like the one skeleton attack, but I figure they are trying to farm gold/stone.
ID: Grim Dungeon
Guild: Horny 'n' Stoned
grim-one
Keeper
Keeper

Postby darkstar076 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:57 am

A few days ago, I had someone doing exactly the same thing. They send in Tiny to hit the treasury and stone then retreat.

Generally I use my revenge attack to try and reclaim some of what I have lost, but then I got to thinking. Maybe I could hurt the Keeper more if I focus on taking out (or later on Capturing their Immortal when I get my Guard Post)

Questions:
- Can we Capture an Immortal during a Revenge attack ?
- If we knock out their immortal during a revenge attack, will it still need time to recover ? (If so, how long generally)
Wisdom is something you generally obtain around three seconds after you needed it the most
darkstar076
Upgraded Minion
Upgraded Minion

Postby grim-one » Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:03 am

You can definitely capture the immortal in revenge, it will cost you gems though. It was 70 gems when I got a Tiny. They're a little tricky to capture while also winning though. I hear ghosts are good for killing them ;)
ID: Grim Dungeon
Guild: Horny 'n' Stoned
grim-one
Keeper
Keeper

Next

Return to Immortals