HOME        ABOUT
FORUMS        FAQ

Mortimer

Mortimer

Postby Gene_Mythic » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:53 pm

(Coming soon, with Game Update 4.2... which, barring unforeseen circumstances, should be some time next week!)

Defends: Guard Post

Available: Once your Guard Post is upgraded to Level 4, Mortimer is available - at the time of this writing - for purchase, for the price of 500 Dreadstone (a new currency being incorporated with Game Update 4.2)

Normal offensive target priorities: Minions > Rooms | Traps

Hit Points: High

Damage: Very High (vs. Rooms and Doors; see below); Medium vs. other targets

Description: This is no peace-loving, flower-sniffing gentle bovine... Mortimer is CONSTANTLY seeing red! He makes the Running of the Bulls look like a cake walk! Trust us, he's gonna wreck SOMETHING, so be sure to STEER clear!

Special abilities:
Fling - Mess with the bull, and you get the horns! Mortimer has the ability to fling nearby enemies out of the current dungeon. Attacking once every 2 seconds, once he has done enough damage to defeat his target (which could theoretically happen to some enemies in one hit!), they will be tossed out like yesterday's garbage.

Roombuster - Talk about a bull in a china shop! Mortimer deals significantly increased damage against all Rooms and Doors.

Gene_Mythic

Re: Mortimer

Postby Pokerpop3 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:05 pm

Love it, can't wait to start wrecking rooms with this guy
Edge of Infinity - Leader
Dread League : 5832
Combat Points : 1,006,987
DCR : 111.8
Guild : See You Next Tuesday
Guild Level : 40
Recruiting : YES! --->Join Now<---
Pokerpop3
Minion
Minion

Postby d18c7db » Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:27 pm

Will this be available for purchase with any other currency at some stage? Not all of us can earn deadstones.
d18c7db
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby goonigoogoo » Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:49 pm

Will this be available in a cuddly toy version as it will be a perfect christmas pressie for my son ?
Oh lord help me I'm falling down the stairs
Guild - Dark Exodus
goonigoogoo
Keeper
Keeper

Postby d18c7db » Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:06 pm

As requested

d18c7db
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby SilverDevil888 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:45 pm

Sounds like a ground version of Tiny b4 beeing nerfed
STAY AWAY FROM THIS THING.
EA JUST WANTS YOUR MONEY AND TO STRESS THE LIVING SHIT OUT OF YOU.
QUIT NOW!!!!THIS IS NOT WORTHY TO BE CALLED A GAME.
SilverDevil888
Upgraded Minion
Upgraded Minion

Postby purgatoria » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:11 pm

SilverDevil888 wrote:Sounds like a ground version of Tiny b4 beeing nerfed

And when enough people have invested time, dreadstones and eventually gems and even cash, he will be nerfed and ea will laugh
purgatoria
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby Robot » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:35 pm

Gene_Mythic wrote:Available: Once your Guard Post is upgraded to Level 4, Mortimer is available - at the time of this writing - for purchase, for the price of 500 Dreadstone (a new currency being incorporated with Game Update 4.2)

So, if I understand it correctly, this new immortal will be available for exactly zero people to purchase?

From what I understand, the absurdly unfair 1st blitz tourney which for some reason heavily rewarded dreadstone to all keepers who happened to be in winning Guilds regardless of whether the you actually contributed or not and from now on will only reward large amounts of dreadstone to a very select few keepers in the future - only awarded a maximum of 300 dreadstone to keepers who were in the winning guild.

So, by some bizarre logic, you decide to release an immortal for 500 dreadstone that can't be purchased by anyone at all, but someday will be available to the very top keepers who happen to earn another 200 dreadstone at some point, which will allow them to level this immortal very highly to use against the 99.9999% of other keepers who aren't allowed to purchase it at all.

I'm open minded. Other than say the top 20 or so players in the world - is this something that anyone actually thinks is a good idea?
Free Beer

A level 40, top 100 Guild through absolutely no fault of our own! :lol:

Want to join us? We have openings and all players are welcome.
Robot
Upgraded Minion
Upgraded Minion

Postby d18c7db » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:25 pm

Not a good idea at all but greedy EA will always reward the pay-to-win players. As they say, money makes the world go round. Eventually, much later, once the P2W players have levelled up the new immortal to L30, it will become available to the rest of us mere mortals, sort of like when you're too poor to afford to buy clothes, you end up wearing your older brother's old hand me down wardrobe.
d18c7db
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby |-☼-| TieFighter » Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:40 am

I've been been playing since the start and my immortals are level 10, 12, 21, and 22...

The fact that it takes over half a YEAR (about 6.7 months) to max out a SINGLE immortal only makes me upset about the new immortal.

I have 2 doors left to upgrade and then I'll just be upgrading walls while spending weeks with maxed out gold... just to click a single button, wait over a week, and repeat...

How about adding something that isn't a blatent money grab? I get it, you need to make money, I'm not complaining there. However, over 2 years time to upgrade 4 units? Really? More immortals at a month or two a piece would drive players to spend more because they would play more in order to afford the upgrades. The more they play, the more they are willing to spend. Sitting at max gold for weeks doesn't entice me at all to spend $20 in order for a unit to gain ~7 damage and ~12 HP...

Make the imp slap bonus work on immortal training, let us upgrade 2 or 3 immortals at once, or add something to the game to ensure you keep longtime players around. I obviously enjoy the game and want it to keep monetizing. However, adding another unit that takes 7 months to upgrade doesn't add to my enjoyment and definitely doesn't make me want to spend any money.

This isn't an angry post, I'm just stating my thoughts and trying to help you guys keep the community interested. Hopefully an actual update to the game comes soon.

Some random ideas: no trolls allowed tourney, mistresses and immortals only challenge levels, survival raids with only reinforced walls allowed (no dirt/gem walls), alternate visuals for units to add variety, or my most wanted, Guild vs Guild matches. Highest total combined destroyed percentage wins instead of most stars.
|-☼-| TieFighter

Next

Return to Immortals