HOME        ABOUT
FORUMS        FAQ

Mortimer

Re: Mortimer

Postby phloob69 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:53 am

"Some random ideas: no trolls allowed tourney, mistresses and immortals only challenge levels, survival raids with only reinforced walls allowed (no dirt/gem walls), alternate visuals for units to add variety, or my most wanted, Guild vs Guild matches. Highest total combined destroyed percentage wins instead of most stars."

A big +1
EA please don't make me say good bye
phloob69
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby nicklegao » Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:17 am

|-☼-| TieFighter wrote:Some random ideas: no trolls allowed tourney, mistresses and immortals only challenge levels, survival raids with only reinforced walls allowed (no dirt/gem walls), alternate visuals for units to add variety, or my most wanted, Guild vs Guild matches. Highest total combined destroyed percentage wins instead of most stars.

Guild vs Guild is a must in my opinion
nicklegao
Minion
Minion

Postby Lord Keeper of Kobol » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:36 am

Robot wrote:So, if I understand it correctly, this new immortal will be available for exactly zero people to purchase?

From what I understand, the absurdly unfair 1st blitz tourney which for some reason heavily rewarded dreadstone to all keepers who happened to be in winning Guilds regardless of whether the you actually contributed or not and from now on will only reward large amounts of dreadstone to a very select few keepers in the future - only awarded a maximum of 300 dreadstone to keepers who were in the winning guild.

So, by some bizarre logic, you decide to release an immortal for 500 dreadstone that can't be purchased by anyone at all, but someday will be available to the very top keepers who happen to earn another 200 dreadstone at some point, which will allow them to level this immortal very highly to use against the 99.9999% of other keepers who aren't allowed to purchase it at all.

I'm open minded. Other than say the top 20 or so players in the world - is this something that anyone actually thinks is a good idea?

I'm good with the arrangements. From my reading of the OP, the new client will be the first that has the ability to support the new immortal so it's good to allow time for things to bed in first: shake out regressions and allow testing of the client in the wild with perhaps the testers using the new immortal on the live servers.

From the very beginning, I'd assumed that DK Mobile was a game to be played long term with a lot of patience, and my experience saving thousands of gems and waiting large parts of a week for upgrades do support this.

Slow trickle down of new game features is not a surprise when my highest level immortal is currently L14 and lowest is L7. Some things are just meant to be taken slowly and not rushed. Plus, I'm not one for playing DK Mobile intensely or exchanging my life and labour for whatever it may give, so the people who are willing to do this should be rewarded with something meaningfully better than what I can get. :)
Lord Keeper of Kobol
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby goonigoogoo » Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:39 am

d18c7db wrote:As requested

Lol
(whats a bit creepy is that looks really like my son!)

((and the boys cute too!))
Oh lord help me I'm falling down the stairs
Guild - Dark Exodus
goonigoogoo
Keeper
Keeper

Postby Black Crag » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:31 am

A second Training Room would be a nice option. It would take just as long to max out any single Immortal, but you could work on two at once, and be encouraged to try different tactics.

As for Mortimer, he looks interesting. Not going to complain about the Dreadstones until 4.2 hits, for all we know you might be able to buy them with regular gems or (more likely) money.

A good mix of fixed bugs and new content would be very good for the game.
Leader of the Crooked Moon guild (level 40, 6 bracket victories). Find us in game and join, or read our recruitment topic here.
Black Crag
Keeper
Keeper

Postby DKDev_Chris » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:26 am

Hey gang,

I saw a few comments in this thread that I wanted to address head on:

First - Mortimer will remain purchasable only with Dreadstone for the foreseeable future. We will be closely monitoring the Dreadstone economy with the release of 4.2, and make adjustments if necessary. If you do not participate in tournaments, but still want to get your hands on Dreadstone, the dev team is currently exploring alternate ways to award them to players beyond tournaments. Please keep in mind, though, that Dreadstone is meant to be an end-game currency, and will therefore be challenging to attain in any endeavor.

Second - We do recognize that Training your Minions/Immortals is one of the biggest (if not THE biggest), bottleneck in the game. I can't promise anything at this time, but I can tell you that we are close to finalizing a new way speed this process up, along with some other perks of the same nature..., with update 4.3. Again, there are a lot of moving parts at play so it's too early to make anything official, but I can tell you that we are working diligently towards an aggressive deadline to get this to you before the end of the year.

Third - We have no plans to make Dreadstone purchasable with Gems at this time. This will be an earned currency. Depending on how everything shakes out, it is possible that this could change later down the road, but this was designed to be something that players worked towards as a long-term goal, not something bought on day 1.

I hope this answers some of your questions!
DKDev_Chris
Developer
Developer

Postby Emily » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:57 am

I'M SO HAPPY RIGHT MEEEWWW!!!!
The road to victory is paved with the shattered dreams of lesser keepers...

Dread Dungeons
Emily

Postby Da Grud » Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:10 am

DKDev_Chris wrote:Third - We have no plans to make Dreadstone purchasable with Gems at this time. This will be an earned currency. Depending on how everything shakes out, it is possible that this could change later down the road, but this was designed to be something that players worked towards as a long-term goal, not something bought on day 1.

Well this is indeed awful news. I am one who loves to compete in tournaments, but even I can't win Dreadstones as now that you moved tournaments to only on weekends I can NEVER compete. I HATE WEEKEND TOURNAMENTS!!! That is when I work the most and therefore I have found I've not been able to compete in the last three.

So while many complained early on about not being able to win tournaments and therefore not able to win Dreadstones, I CAN win tournaments (having won a minior bracket as a solo player & been top earner in many Horny bracket wins), however due to your crappy move of making them ALWAYS on the weekends I too find myself in the boat of probably never being able to win them.

I was sure you guys over there at EA would never be so shortsighted as to only make them available via tournament wins & even defended you guys as such. I guess now I must eat crow as it appears others were right... Let me just state for the record that this purple guy is NOT happy about this change.

Last edited by Da Grud on Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Da Grud
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby arubaku » Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:16 am

Ok dk chris i get it i agree reward the best keepers but define the best because the only way to judge the real best keepers would be no immortal come back and no mana replace, this is truly the only way to find the best coz anyone can buy gems.

Then shouldn't it be a free for all every man women and dog for themselves because them the dreadstones are fair and open for all because as it stands it doesn't matter how hard you work and play at this game the biggest guilds always win well if it's not a free for all situation how about making brackets in tournaments fair so little guilds don't get lumbered with the all mighty because us little guilds work very hard to and just because we don't have numbers doesn't mean we should be punished
arubaku
Upgraded Minion
Upgraded Minion

Postby Emily » Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:04 pm

I hate those school competitions where everyone gets a prize... but even if small guilds had a chance grud would solo bracket you and get all dreadstones for himselfand you wouldnt get any.... it's the law of the fittest...
The road to victory is paved with the shattered dreams of lesser keepers...

Dread Dungeons
Emily

PreviousNext

Return to Immortals