HOME        ABOUT
FORUMS        FAQ

Mortimer

Re: Mortimer

Postby Lord Keeper of Kobol » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:37 pm

Emily wrote:I hate those school competitions where everyone gets a prize... but even if small guilds had a chance grud would solo bracket you and get all dreadstones for himselfand you wouldnt get any.... it's the law of the fittest...

That's not the law of the fittest by a very, very long way. School competitions?!

d18c7db wrote:That was a bit uncalled for. Emily's post made perfect sense to me. She suggested that if dreadstones were made available to every guild then Da Grud would likely win them all since he has proven he can win a bracket tournament by himself. Survival of the strongest.

Just noticed as I pasted this that the claim regarding "get all dreadstones" has become inflated somewhat (from the first quote to the second).

Surely there's no chance of winning dreadstones from a different bracket in order to "win them all"? Even going back to the original claim, one person cannot "solo bracket" every Keeper in the game and so at least one other Keeper must end up with at least one dreadstone to prevent grud from "get[ting] all dreadstones for himself".

This is not "survival of the strongest" either, by a significant margin. :)
Lord Keeper of Kobol
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby Dr. BL » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:52 pm

I suggest we all take a deep breath and wait for the announcement... it's less than a week away!
I am no tourney wiz so my chances are somewhat low, but I am sure we'll find a way, especially the few of us who have been around a long time and learned how to save the few gems that were floating around before tournaments and league bonuses.

@ Bummerrr: I am actually curious about the outcome... people looking for gems are not going to HC, they are looking for easy brackets. I understand your assumption (DS reward top players, so HC DS payout will be disproportionately higher) but we don't yet know if it's true... I can envision a scenario where a few HCs are ignored while people get the new shiny toys and competition in brackets suddendly becomes a lot harder...
Dr. BL
Upgraded Minion
Upgraded Minion

Postby Shrock » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:53 pm

Bummerrr wrote: As far as regular tournaments go, i think they short be shortened to two days and fall on a Friday/Saturday or Sunday/Monday combo. That way it's a mix of weekday/weekend for everybody involved.

+1 would love HC tournaments to be down to 2 days with a 1 day qualifying round. Staggering them Fri/Sat and Sun/Mon is a fantastic idea and could potentially even out the playing field.
Shrock
Dread Dungeons / Level 30 / 5 Rings
Brothers Guild / Level 30 / 1 Ring
The Seven Kingdoms / To be announced
Shrock
Upgraded Minion
Upgraded Minion

Postby Bummerrr » Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:58 pm

Dr. BL wrote:@ Bummerrr: I am actually curious about the outcome... people looking for gems are not going to HC, they are looking for easy brackets. I understand your assumption (DS reward top players, so HC DS payout will be disproportionately higher) but we don't yet know if it's true... I can envision a scenario where a few HCs are ignored while people get the new shiny toys and competition in brackets suddendly becomes a lot harder...

Hopefully they will adjust the rewards of HC upwards to more accurately match the upfront investment. HC shouldn't be a gem sink any more than brackets are. Either gems payout should go up or dreadstones should disproportionately be rewarded in HC. Atm winning HC is merely about bragging rights and dick comparisons - which is cool also
Acc#1: 4,450/453k CP / 1686 Hearts / 1270.2M Plunder
Acc#2: 3,300/488k CP / 2441 Hearts / 1472.8M Plunder
Guild: The Seven Kingdoms
Bummerrr
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby deadroom » Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:52 pm

Shrock wrote:
Bummerrr wrote: As far as regular tournaments go, i think they short be shortened to two days and fall on a Friday/Saturday or Sunday/Monday combo. That way it's a mix of weekday/weekend for everybody involved.

+1 would love HC tournaments to be down to 2 days with a 1 day qualifying round. Staggering them Fri/Sat and Sun/Mon is a fantastic idea and could potentially even out the playing field.

2 day tournaments would not work due to time differences. A Friday/Saturday in the US is a Saturday/Sunday in Asia/Pacific. At least with 3 days everyone gets a weekend plus a weekday be it Friday or Monday depending on where u r.
Guild
Despicable Me
deadroom
Upgraded Minion
Upgraded Minion

Postby Shrock » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:01 pm

Only one way to solve this problem...PILLOW FIGHT !!

No...really what EA should do instead of having a tournament every 2 weeks is have them let's say every 15 days that way the start and end dates will vary each round.
Shrock
Dread Dungeons / Level 30 / 5 Rings
Brothers Guild / Level 30 / 1 Ring
The Seven Kingdoms / To be announced
Shrock
Upgraded Minion
Upgraded Minion

Postby Alleo3 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:00 pm

I'm still a very active raider, grud and Emily were both nice enough to help me get my guild up to level 30... That being said I wish I was in a more active clan where I could contribute and compete for dread stones

When they say endgame currency, does that mean your guild has to be level 30 to obtain dread stone or your dungeon has to be maxed out?
Alleo3
Clan: See You Next Tuesday
5600 Trophies
900,000+ Combat Points
Tourny Record: 16,000 Stars
Alleo3

Postby Bummerrr » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:07 pm

deadroom wrote:
Shrock wrote:

2 day tournaments would not work due to time differences. A Friday/Saturday in the US is a Saturday/Sunday in Asia/Pacific. At least with 3 days everyone gets a weekend plus a weekday be it Friday or Monday depending on where u r.

Why it could still be possible to have a weekend day for every time zone, as long as start time vary, like they already do
Acc#1: 4,450/453k CP / 1686 Hearts / 1270.2M Plunder
Acc#2: 3,300/488k CP / 2441 Hearts / 1472.8M Plunder
Guild: The Seven Kingdoms
Bummerrr
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby deadroom » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:00 pm

Test it out. Won't work. Fri/sat Asia is Thur/fri USA. Fri/sat USA is sat/sun Asia. Sun/mon Asia is sat/sun USA. Sun/mon USA is mon/tues asia.

Throw EU into the mix and even more confusing.

The best you can do is 1 1/2 days of either weekend or weekday equal cross over but it won't apply to all.

As it is everyone no matter where u are gets at least 2 full days but not necessarily nights on a weekend, and 1 full weekday (usually broken over 2 days), so it's fair.

There r 3 different time starts they seem to cycle through. Where I am its fri 3pm, fri 11 pm and sat 3am and that's 3 hours from the dateline.

Fairest thing would be to go back to 12 day gaps between tourneys or up to 13-14. Then start day would vary, but EA have made it clear they want weekend tourneys.

Let me know if my calculations are out. Glad to be proven wrong ;)
Guild
Despicable Me
deadroom
Upgraded Minion
Upgraded Minion

Postby Kaihawaii » Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:50 am

purgatoria wrote:
SilverDevil888 wrote:Sounds like a ground version of Tiny b4 beeing nerfed

And when enough people have invested time, dreadstones and eventually gems and even cash, he will be nerfed and ea will laugh

Swampus is next in nerf queue.
Dungeon & Gamecenter ID: As Tiny goes by
Campaign walktrough: Battle of the Elements
Kaihawaii
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

PreviousNext

Return to Immortals