HOME        ABOUT
FORUMS        FAQ

Immortal Balance Changes

Announcements from members of the Development, Production and Community teams for Dungeon Keeper.

Re: Immortal Balance Changes

Postby Max donjon » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:34 pm

I'm globally in line with Xen.

Some additionnal ideas on my side :
The global observation is that immo are becoming too weak vs big drc. On the other hand, the issue is to have them too powerful vs small dungeons pushing gamers in more and more sandbaging style which I don't think is the spirit of the game. What could be nice is to have a bonus when attacking strong dungeon. For example, additionnal levels 36 to 40 but with a cap applyed according to opponent's drc. If you attack DRC 250, you would get the improvments until lvl 37 for example but not more. For example, each additonnal lvl activated every 50 drc.
Max donjon

Postby Waltz » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:12 pm

I did not found button “like” here, but I agree with Kongar’s thoughts
Really just lvling up all what you can it’s boring!
We need fresh change!
- new league with new prizes
- new minions
- new spells
- new lvl guild
- New BUILD even!
- some permanent buffs on imms and minions like a critical strike, vampiric aura, slow and etc. One ofthis spells can be choose by keeper 1 time
Sorry for my poor English!
Guild Русские Дьяволы 40 lvl
22k+ trophies
12k+ CP
Waltz

Postby markuscookius » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:11 am

The majority of the immortals needs strengthening.
With all the extra room/trap/door/minion levels the immortals are far far too weak (besides Sir Coph who is frequently used by the higher level players).
Dungeon 1:- Vileville

Dungeon 2:- Vileville v2.0

Raid, be raided and most of all have fun :-D
markuscookius
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby LegendaryOnesCom » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:45 am

I disagree with making Tiny much stronger. It's not supposed to destroy enemy dungeon with one single immportal. Those Tiny raids with disable traps were bs at lower levels. Also 4 traps per DT spell cast is more than enough.

I agree with strengtening Cluch spell. It's not effective from certain level. Players also don't use Dragon Breath, so it basically means it's not set properly. It should do more damage. It needs to take down 1 door and damage at least one on different location.

I agree with increasing levels to Immortals.

From my perspective:

Swampus - too much damage reduction
Cophagus - too much damage, too much spike reduction (it's basically not weakness anymore at max. level)
Mortimer - low health, slow
Horny - shouldn't be able to attack when electrized
Gargl - low health, low damage, ball should be thrown only on damaging rooms you select to attack
"Firegoat" - no one use him, should set rooms on fire...more dots=more damage over time
DCR221 | 12,340 Trophies | Skar Tactics | Working on my own fantasy game: http://www.legendaryones.com/blog
LegendaryOnesCom

Postby Troudouillet » Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:24 pm

For me, old immortal must be increase :

Glargl : more dammage, too long time to kill heart 25.
Mortimer : more life, difficult to keep this immortal alive during attack
Deeg dugger : more life ! This immortal start from beginning of attack to open the way, and after, dead. Impossible to this immortal survive one attack. I never use this immortal because of that
Swampus : more dps on gold and rock room ! X20 or x30 and more dps on other room, he have power of squeletton. Swampus doesn't get big dammage, but he does no dammage too. Little bit more can be great.
Tiny : more dps and life, must broken heart high level in 1min30.
Horny : need more dps to broken big heart.

Have to be careful to don't do too strength immortal.

To update all of this, level 40 for immortal. But don't give more power too sir caphagus, he enoight strong !
Troudouillet

Postby Erz » Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:22 am

Kongar wrote:how about making them more fun? It's a game after all. Bigger isn't always better... it's all about how you use what you have.

Kongar has some good ideas. Infact look back to the good ol games DK1 & DK2 for insperation in immortal interaction with minions.
I'd like to see more with Horny. ATM he seems irelevent after you get Deegg & Tiny. He can be a lot of fun if you give him special "interactive" powers.
The idea here is to make it more fun and less of a grind.

Remember Devs;
If we're having fun, you're making money.
If its just a grind, we're going to loose interest and move on to another game. Especially if the grind has very small ROI.
Dark Exodus Guild
Erz

Postby DKDev_Chris » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:08 pm

Thanks for the feedback everyone. There's some really good stuff here, and I appreciate you taking the time to put it together.

I've recently been approved to start doing some work on Immortals. It's a rather large undertaking, so at this time I do not have any estimates on when this will be delivered.

There's a few things I can let people know about now, though:
1) These changes will not be rolled out with a new client, strictly a new server.
2) Without a new client, the UI will be largely prohibitive in what changes/improvements/buffs/etc can be surfaced in-game.
3) To cover item 2, once all changes are finalized, I will compile a comprehensive list of each specific change and store them for reference here on the forums.
4) This isn't final yet, but right now it's looking like these changes will take the form of powerful, (but minimal in number), Training level upgrades that cost large amounts of Dreadstone. Like I said, this isn't final yet, but I would recommend to begin hoarding your Dreadstones if you're looking to jump right into these changes when they're released. If anything changes about this, I will update this post as soon as possible.
5) Per the feedback on this thread, I will be examining potential matchmaker changes to include in this update.

Thanks again for the feedback, Keepers!
DKDev_Chris
Developer
Developer

Postby bookem » Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:47 am

If you power up the max level, please don't lower current level perks. The next time that happens you're going to lose this player. For example the troll. Each time the max goes up the current perk level decreases. I have had to train him a couple times to get him to his prior perk level. Now a regular casual player can't keep enough resources to get him back to the level he was prior to the max increase.
bookem

Postby DKDev_Chris » Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:53 pm

Thanks again for the feedback everyone!

While we faced a lot of limitations on what we could and couldn't do from your suggestions, all of the feedback was still very helpful! QA is currently testing all of the upcoming changes being made to Immortals now, but all of the notes can be found here.
DKDev_Chris
Developer
Developer

Previous

Return to From the Devs