HOME        ABOUT
FORUMS        FAQ

Connecting status

Connecting status

Postby XMASSS » Mon May 18, 2015 1:44 am

Hi,

during weekend, application has run update. Since that time, I got stucked at connecting status, so I am not able to run application. I have tried to use Wifi/3G, no change. After reinstall, update is downloaded but again game stays at connecting status. I have switched off phone (S5) several times, also reinstall app, but no change.

Thanks for help.
XMASSS

Re: Connecting status

Postby nix da » Mon May 18, 2015 4:27 pm

Hi,
I have the same problem. since the weekend i stuck in the connecting screen without any problem message or something else happening. reinstall of app and restart of the mobile made no difference. game apk is up to the actual available game store version.
only using a S5 with Lolipop. problem occurs over all connection modes (wifi, 3G, LTE).

Please help me coming back online
thanks to you
nix da
nix da

Postby demychaos » Tue May 19, 2015 4:14 am

Same problem with S5, hope it gets fixed soon.
demychaos

Postby KeeperKatrina » Tue May 19, 2015 9:09 am

I'll ask someone to look into this. Thanks!
KeeperKatrina

Postby nix da » Wed May 20, 2015 10:56 am

looks like all afected players are using a S5 (due to the other topic "The game wont load since the last update" of this bug)
Which Version of Android are you using folks?

I am using Android 5.0 (Lollipop), since a month or so
nix da

Postby XMASSS » Wed May 20, 2015 11:04 am

I am using 5.0 also, there might be some connection also with games Google play which seems to be causing issues after last update.
XMASSS

Postby XMASSS » Thu May 21, 2015 12:59 am

I have fixed my issue, by uninstalling "game google play", it just uninstalled all updates and then I have forbidded updates of this app. From that time dungeon keeper works again, there is many comments after last update of this app that it does not work at S5. Try it, hope it will fix your issue... :)
XMASSS

Postby nix da » Thu May 21, 2015 9:25 am

@XMASSS: I am not sure how your workaround works. I can’t uninstall the updates of DK in the game store. I only can uninstall the whole DK app. After reinstall of DK app I unchecked the update box in game store and started the app. Then DK starts and 9 updates are processed while loading. Then game freezes in connecting screen as usual in this Error.

@KeeperKatrina: I tried to guess what could help you to identify. Just tell me how I can hand over an error logfile or tell me what else do you need. I have made a couple of screenshots (all steps) but don’t know how to upload them here

What device are you using to access the game? (if you use more than one, please provide the information for all devices used, and an indication as to whether or not the problem you're experiencing is consistent across all devices): S5
What OS, and what version number?: Android 5.0 Lollipop
What version of DK are you currently running? 1.5.79
How are you connecting to the internet? (WiFi, cellular, etc.): WiFi, 3G, LTE
What is the storage situation on your device? Are you near max capacity?: lot’s of free space (2GB+ free)
Do you have several other apps running in the background on your device? Have you tried reducing the number? If so, does this seem to have an appreciable effect on your experience?: shutting down other apps doesn’t make any difference
Have you recently tried rebooting your device, to see if this affects your experience?: rebooted device and reinstalled app several times

Error Description:
- Starting app
- “Suche nach Aktualisierungen” screen appears (think in english it’s “searching for updates” screen)
- “Verbinde” screen (think in English it’s “connecting” screen)
- The “Verbinde” (“connecting”) bar doesn’t move an inch (still written Verbinde after waiting 15min+)

After Reinstall of app Error Despription differs by:
- Starting app
- “Suche nach Aktualisierungen” screen appears (think in english it’s “searching for updates” screen)
- Loading 9 Updates succesfully
- “Verbinde” screen (think in English it’s “connecting” screen)
- The “Verbinde” (“connecting”) bar doesn’t move an inch (still written Verbinde after waiting 15min+)
nix da

Postby XMASSS » Thu May 21, 2015 9:48 am

Sorry for being unclear, you need to uninstall updates of application called. ..game Google play...
this app and it's latest update is causing issue at S5.
XMASSS

Postby nix da » Thu May 21, 2015 11:18 am

@XMASSS: thanks a lot. your workaound solves the Problem. Just unistalled updates of game Google play (that was confusing me because in the german android version it's called Google Play Spiele)

@KeeperKatrina: would be nice if you could identify the correlation between game Google play update on S5 and DK app
nix da

Next

Return to Crashes, Freezes, Disconnects, Etc.