HOME        ABOUT
FORUMS        FAQ

The game wont load since the last update

The game wont load since the last update

Postby demychaos » Tue May 19, 2015 7:13 am

Hello,

So i've been playing DK on android for awhile now, and i realy enjoyed it, enough to get me over and buy quite some gems infact.
However in the last few days, (Possibly after an update?) i have found myself unable to load the game, whenever i start it on my samsung galaxy S5, it stays stuck on the ''Connecting'' screen right before you gotta slap the imp.
i have kept it at the screen for along time after restarting my device, and closing all other apps. this did not succeed, i still have enough space on both my device and the micro SD card inserted.
SInce i bought gems, i am affraid to uninstall and reinstall the game, in fear of my savegame becoming lost, and my gems invalid.
I have looked the forum for similair topic's, but have been unable to find any, hence i made an account, and am making this one right now.

I'm assuming this is an unknown problem and possibly only for me, but any help trying to restore it would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Demy
demychaos

Re: The game wont load since the last update

Postby KeeperKatrina » Tue May 19, 2015 9:07 am

Demy,

Can I get your OS and connectivity info?

If your account is associated with a game center (such as Google Play) you shouldn't lose your dungeon or gems by reinstalling the game.

I'll send in a bug report ticket for you, and I am asking someone to look into the Galaxy S5 specifically as there has been more than one report of this now.

Thanks,
Katrina
KeeperKatrina

Postby demychaos » Tue May 19, 2015 9:48 am

I have the latest OS installed, and have tried to connect trougb both wifi and 4g
demychaos

Postby phloob69 » Tue May 19, 2015 10:24 am

I have no problems with my galaxy s5 on either of my dungeons.
EA please don't make me say good bye
phloob69
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby nix da » Wed May 20, 2015 10:50 am

looks like all afected players are using a S5 (due to the other topic "Connecting status" of this bug)
Which Version of Android are you using folks?

I am using Android 5.0 (Lollipop), since a month or so
nix da

Postby KeeperKatrina » Wed May 20, 2015 12:50 pm

QA didn't have a problem using S5s with the current version of Lollipop. I'm not sure what additional information might help, but if you have any, I'll ask them to take a second look.
KeeperKatrina

Postby XMASSS » Thu May 21, 2015 1:01 am

I have fixed my issue, by uninstalling "game google play", it just uninstalled all updates and then I have forbidden updates of this app. From that time dungeon keeper works again, there is many comments after last update of this app (game google play) that it does not work at S5. Try it, hope it will fix your issue... :)
XMASSS

Postby nix da » Thu May 21, 2015 9:23 am

@XMASSS: I am not sure how your workaround works. I can’t uninstall the updates of DK in the game store. I only can uninstall the whole DK app. After reinstall of DK app I unchecked the update box in game store and started the app. Then DK starts and 9 updates are processed while loading. Then game freezes in connecting screen as usual in this Error.

@KeeperKatrina: I tried to guess what could help you to identify. Just tell me how I can hand over an error logfile or tell me what else do you need. I have made a couple of screenshots (all steps) but don’t know how to upload them here

What device are you using to access the game? (if you use more than one, please provide the information for all devices used, and an indication as to whether or not the problem you're experiencing is consistent across all devices): S5
What OS, and what version number?: Android 5.0 Lollipop
What version of DK are you currently running? 1.5.79
How are you connecting to the internet? (WiFi, cellular, etc.): WiFi, 3G, LTE
What is the storage situation on your device? Are you near max capacity?: lot’s of free space (2GB+ free)
Do you have several other apps running in the background on your device? Have you tried reducing the number? If so, does this seem to have an appreciable effect on your experience?: shutting down other apps doesn’t make any difference
Have you recently tried rebooting your device, to see if this affects your experience?: rebooted device and reinstalled app several times

Error Description:
- Starting app
- “Suche nach Aktualisierungen” screen appears (think in english it’s “searching for updates” screen)
- “Verbinde” screen (think in English it’s “connecting” screen)
- The “Verbinde” (“connecting”) bar doesn’t move an inch (still written Verbinde after waiting 15min+)

After Reinstall of app Error Despription differs by:
- Starting app
- “Suche nach Aktualisierungen” screen appears (think in english it’s “searching for updates” screen)
- Loading 9 Updates succesfully
- “Verbinde” screen (think in English it’s “connecting” screen)
- The “Verbinde” (“connecting”) bar doesn’t move an inch (still written Verbinde after waiting 15min+)
nix da

Postby nix da » Thu May 21, 2015 11:20 am

update out of the other thread "Connecting status"

Re: Connecting status

Postby XMASSS » Thu May 21, 2015 9:48 am
Sorry for being unclear, you need to uninstall updates of application called. ..game Google play...
this app and it's latest update is causing issue at S5.

Re: Connecting status

Postby nix da » Thu May 21, 2015 11:18 am
@XMASSS: thanks a lot. your workaound solves the Problem. Just unistalled updates of game Google play (that was confusing me because in the german android version it's called Google Play Spiele)

@KeeperKatrina: would be nice if you could identify the correlation between game Google play update on S5 and DK app
nix da

Postby demychaos » Sat May 23, 2015 4:10 am

I have removed the update of game google play, turned off auto update, but dungeon keeper still doesn't work, stays forever at the connecting screen as before.
demychaos

Next

Return to Crashes, Freezes, Disconnects, Etc.