HOME        ABOUT
FORUMS        FAQ

Disconnect during raids.

Disconnect during raids.

Postby csajjj » Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:16 am

I'm really starting to lose my s&$@ at this game. I pretty much can't raid unless I'm at home on a stable internet connection or it disconnects me during a raid. I lose that many bloody trophies that it takes me 5 days to make it up. What's the point of having a game on a mobile device when the only time you can play it is at home. :x :x :x Just lost 29 trophies on a raid that was a certain win, because I hadn't fully taken the heart out before it disconnected me. SO F&$@IMG frustrating, please fix this crap.
Dungeon: Deer Park
Guild: Fluffy Bunnies!
csajjj
Keeper
Keeper

Re: Disconnect during raids.

Postby kraneous » Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:31 pm

Yeah I feel you man!!! I have the opposite problem though...at home my disconnections are worse, but on LTE it only happens every now and then. It seems like right now if you get disconnected for even a split second you are kicked off the game server and have to create a brand new connection which makes you lose all your progress. Hopefully the coding team at mythic figures out a way to continue from the point of the disconnection instead of just saying "tough titties...you lose." I get it that people would exploit it if you could simply disconnect from a raid and not suffer the loss..but maybe build in a way that a disconnect simply causes the raid to "pause" and resume when you reconnect..that way exploiters would still have to finish the raid that they started, and authentic disconnects don't punish the user.
Dungeon: Kraneous keep
Guild: MUA-HA-HA!
Device: HTC oneX (android 4.1.1)
DK version: live4.1.0.54.239379
connection: 16 Mb wifi/ 4g LTE
kraneous
Upgraded Minion
Upgraded Minion

Postby csajjj » Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:37 pm

Yeah sounds good. My brother has the problem at home as his internet is a bit unstable. So he pretty much can't raid anywhere. Really no point him playing the game if every time he raids there is a high chance of disconnection. Maybe there should be a 5 min window where you can reconnect and finish the raid. I think it comes down to poor coding since this doesn't happen to any of the other multiplayer Android games I've played.
Dungeon: Deer Park
Guild: Fluffy Bunnies!
csajjj
Keeper
Keeper

Postby Gene_Mythic » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:50 pm

kraneous wrote:Yeah I feel you man!!! I have the opposite problem though...at home my disconnections are worse, but on LTE it only happens every now and then. It seems like right now if you get disconnected for even a split second you are kicked off the game server and have to create a brand new connection which makes you lose all your progress. Hopefully the coding team at mythic figures out a way to continue from the point of the disconnection instead of just saying "tough titties...you lose." I get it that people would exploit it if you could simply disconnect from a raid and not suffer the loss..but maybe build in a way that a disconnect simply causes the raid to "pause" and resume when you reconnect..that way exploiters would still have to finish the raid that they started, and authentic disconnects don't punish the user.

Hmm... my understanding based on a few discussions with devs and engineers around the time we released Game Update #3 was that things should've gotten BETTER, regarding how the game handles certain connections, and was supposed to be more "forgiving" of sluggish connections, etc. Granted, I don't think we ever expected things to be perfect for all connections and all devices, etc... but by and large (especially for our iOS customers), so far the feedback has been that there have been LESS crashes for those folks, in general (compared to what it was).

At any rate, we continue to look for ways to improve this particular experience. Sorry to hear that some of you are still having some issues here. :(
Gene_Mythic

Postby 12coins » Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:11 am

It happen this morning with my ios7 ipad which make me LOST the "revenge-attack" raid... I've no other app opened while playing this game (not even safari / mail).

If this is really timed-out issue, please could you increase this parameter?

Thanks,
12coins

Postby smoczek » Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:05 pm

I suspect that some new memory leak was introduced to android version as im having disconnect-reconnect-loop after viewing 10-15+ dungeons. It wasnt there before 1.49 version. It happens both on wifi and lte. Pretty annoying.
Smoczek / LG L9
Guild Mwa-ha-ha!
smoczek

Postby snex » Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:55 pm

I just had this happen on an event raid, and it killed all of my minions and now the event raid counts as played so I would have to spend gems to try again. This is ridiculous. They should at least be able to reset the event to unplayed so that I don't have to spend gems after THEY were the ones to drop the connection!
snex

Postby LoveMagnet » Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:19 am

I have stopped raiding all together, because as it is now, I am more likely to get disconnected during the raid than completing a sucessful raid. So until this bug has been fixed I am not really playing the game. I just log in once in a while to mine gems, and that's about it.

It is a bit strange that disconnects appear to happen much more frequently during raids than at any other time.
LoveMagnet

Postby Tibo » Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:08 pm

I have stable internet at home. Can watch endlessly youtube movies without a glitch. However this game disconnects very often sometime. I believe the problem is with your game servers... I play other online games too, none of them disconnects. The bad part is that people are punished for interrupted connection by loosing the battle and the used soldiers.
Suggested sollution: A raid should continue without connection because only the result should be saved online isn't it? And the result of the raid could be synchronised later...
The present state is just very bad game design causing very bad gaming experience. I hope you'll consider some changes.
Tibo

Postby msemilyjustice » Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:29 pm

Problem is still active and seems to be worse.
Playing on a stable wifi connection on a train. 5mb down,4.8mb up, 9ms ping. Checking the console in Xcode,destination server is consistently timing out during the reconnection requests if it drops, no answer. Minimising and teopening app sometimes shows a little progress when a conn is successful, but immediately locks back to Reconnecting screen. Can hear Horny counting off wave numbers but screen still doesn't umlock back from Reconnecting.

By comparison: can happily watch dailymotion vids, listen to BBC radio and work on my own high bandwidth audio site on this conn with no issues. It's not me, it's you.

Only closing the app down entirely and restarting restores connectivity, which, of course, loses you the raid.

In short, this is not a mobile game, even with solid wifi. FIX. THE. DAMN. SERVERS. And do something better with the reconnect issues generally. A mobile game shouldn't need to sync this damn much, especially to servers thst don't respond. Or face my wrath.
msemilyjustice

Next

Return to Crashes, Freezes, Disconnects, Etc.