HOME        ABOUT
FORUMS        FAQ

No Connection / Can't Connect over cellular 3G / 4G / LTE

Re: No Connection / Can't Connect over cellular 3G / 4G / LT

Postby Blackwidow » Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:17 pm

I have tried on several devices with various versions of android, and it just seems to be the EE 4G network that dungeon keeper refuses to work over, could just be a difference in the protocols used between 2G/3G and EEs new fangled/mangled? 4G
Blackwidow

Postby Schiz0Phrenie » Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:00 am

Hab mit Otelo jetzt das gleiche Problem.
Geht nur wenn ich auf Edge umschalte ;(
Könnte kotzen! Interessiert wieder keinen ob Vodafone oder EA?
Gilde: Kerkermeister
Dungeon: Schiz0.o
Webseite: http://www.dk-kerkermeister.com
Schiz0Phrenie

Postby yalla » Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:44 am

Hello everyone,

my first post here; anyway, bringing some news. I was able to replicate problem in the Vodafone Germany mobile network and found that the game requests - while connecting - a manifest file from manifest-dk.eamythic.com and also sets the "Accept-Encoding: gzip" HTTP-header.

When on a non-mobile network, that server delivers a plain-text response, not compressed.

In a mobile network the network's proxy looks at the "Accept-Encoding: gzip" header from the client and compresses the server's answer on the fly (a sensible thing to do to save traffic). It looks like the game client can't really cope with it, sends several follow-up requests to api2.playhaven.com to check wether it can download the manifest file elsewhere, just to fail again.

At the moment it's just a hypothesis which still has to be confirmed, however, I'd like to ask the developers to check if the game cilent (on Android, what I tested) is really able to cope with gzip-compressed HTTP responses.

A friend and me will run some additional tests and file a proper issue with Vodafone Germany - however, if the hypothesis is confirmed a fix will only work for this carrier unless the Accept-Encoding header will be removed form the game-client itself.

If anyone from the developers is paying attention here, please get in touch with me directly to discuss further details.

I'll keep you updated.

Yalla.
--
Jesus loves you!
(Cthulhu thinks you taste like chicken.)
yalla

Postby yalla » Sun May 31, 2015 5:18 am

Nope, setting a no-optimization flag for the "Accept-Encoding: gzip" header on the known IP-addresses didn't help alone.

Which basically means, there's some other stuff going horribly wrong. However, since no one from the EA-team bothered to get in touch with me I can't do anything.

There might be a solution from the carrier's side soon - which isn't related to the game at all - but I can't promise anything.
--
Jesus loves you!
(Cthulhu thinks you taste like chicken.)
yalla

Previous

Return to Crashes, Freezes, Disconnects, Etc.