HOME        ABOUT
FORUMS        FAQ

Game crashes every 40 mins

Game crashes every 40 mins

Postby Vishalzala » Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:37 am

I have a few issues.

1) Game crashes every 40 mins if i am raiding on my ipad3 or iphone 5s. I then have to restart and of course I am being raided and my immortal has been taken.
2) I cannot play this game for love or money if I am not connected to wifi. I have full 4g reception but the game refuses to connect and I get the cant connect to server message.
3) The rare chance I do manage to get on, I play the risk of the game crashing. I don't know about everyone else but when I lose my 100-500 winning streak I feel like throwing my device out the window. I lose more raids to disconnect then other keepers.
Vishalzala

Re: Game crashes every 40 mins

Postby Daemonizer » Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:12 pm

Throwing your device out the window will probably not help much, but it would feel awesome for a few seconds. Go for it!

No wait. That's not right.

The disconnection problem might be related to other apps on the device being allowed to frequently download their own updates -- things like newsmagazines or image-sharing apps might be suddenly hogging your Internet connection and making DungeonKeeper wait. DK seems unable to wait for even a moment, it needs Internet connection almost constantly whenever you're playing.

I believe my disconnections reduced after I stopped my PlayStore from doing automatic updates, and set my news apps to not automatically get new articles in the background. When I open a news app it only takes a moment to update, no big deal, and when I go the gamestore it's easy enough to do the updates while I watch -- I don't want things updating in the background anyway.

Dk still disconnects sometimes, but not so much as it once did.

As for not being able to use the cell conection but only WiFi, that's weird. Maybe it would help to uninstall and reinstall the game. You won't lose your dungeon if you use the same game store ID when you start again. All the dungeon information is kept on the server. Your device only holds the game and a local cache of info that is duplicated on the server. (Reinstall is a LOT of data, be sure to use WiFi.)
------------------------------------------------------------
Daemon, Oct 17 2013
Daemonizer
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Return to Crashes, Freezes, Disconnects, Etc.