HOME        ABOUT
FORUMS        FAQ

Disconnections all the time - It's so annoying

Disconnections all the time - It's so annoying

Postby kristinam » Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:10 am

I'm playing DK for nearly one year now and I wonder why I didn't stoped yet.

I can't count how many times the came crashes. It's even more annoying when you are on a sure winning raid. After the disconnection you loose trophys, your multiplier on wins, have to wait for new mana and minions and your imortal has to rest.

I wonder
a) If the raid runs on my device - why does a short disconnect stops the whole raid? or
b) if the raid is running on the EA-Server - why not playing it till the end of the raid timer?

Why can't EA not solve this problem? So many keepers are frustrated about this.

Hope you will solve this - fast!!!
kristinam

Re: Disconnections all the time - It's so annoying

Postby Khelma » Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:35 pm

+100. This is by far the most frustrating and frequent problem with DK and likely among the top reasons people eventually walk way. Every disconnect brings me just a bit closer to feeling like turning off DK for good.

At first it was just annoying then it became frustrating and now it is aggrevating.

If the disconnect it self cannot be avoided, which is just unimaginably poor programming, then at least DK can make up for it by giving back the mana, minions, win streak and other losses incurred when it happens during a raid.

Now it is possible that there is a fundamental problem with the game's design that makes it impossible to recover losses from a disconnect. It may also be possible that this design problem or some other programming oversight makes it very difficult or impossible to fix the disconnects. None of that however should be reason to punish the players and make them pay for the game's or programmers' faults. On the contrary, if it is not possible to eliminate disconnects or recover gracefully from them without losses incurred by the player then DK should pay the player as compensation.

I suggest a fixed penalty amount for every disconnect. It would have to be in gems since most everything can be purchased with gems. The penalty amount should be computed before the raid starts and should be equal to the amount of gems it takes to refill all mana + summon all raiding minions + revive the raiding immortal. In addition the player's win streak should remain intact and the guild withdraw delay timer reset to zero.

That is the least DK can do for a player who gets a disconnect before the first star in a raid. Players who get the disconnect after he first star but before the raid timer expires should be given the option to accept the outcome as it stands or take the compensation.

Fix the disconnects please or compensate us for when they happen.
Khelma

Postby Ravenous » Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:08 pm

kristinam wrote:b) if the raid is running on the EA-Server - why not playing it till the end of the raid timer?

+1
List of Polls:Topic order Ascending Topic order Descending
DH 11 / DCR 82 / trophy~5.8k / CP>2.8m / HB>8.6k / Plunder>12.1b
Ravenous
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby Drakenholm » Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:15 pm

why not playing it till the end of the raid timer?

Same question here. The most frustrating part is when you've already achieved a star and then - bang! - game says that you was disconnected a moment before it, and you've actually just lost your victory multiplier, minions, mana, immortal, probably another one you captured, trophies and the rest of your loot just because the code is missing a fail-safe part. Sometimes kills buzz so hard that uninstall button becomes tempting.
Drakenholm

Postby rivas » Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:45 pm

+1
ImageSolo brackets won: 4. Sandbagger and mother of 2 baby dungeons. Guilds: Element Zero, KAOS, Wartroll, The Dungeon Kings
Dungeon Keeper: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... S27gsDvucZ
rivas
Keeper
Keeper

Return to Crashes, Freezes, Disconnects, Etc.