HOME        ABOUT
FORUMS        FAQ

Tournament Victory Stars Formula Tweaks

Official patch and hotfix notes published for Dungeon Keeper

Re: Tournament Victory Stars Formula Tweaks

Postby Keithustus » Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:47 am

lsfichi wrote:we are sidetracking here.why talk about specific numbers? let's discuss what's the best system. some of you take a bad part of an idea and try to destroy the entire idea.

Exactly. I just posted an example set of numbers to show that rivas is right and a workable system would reward only based on the raided dungeon's DCR and that the scores should go up very rapidly with each DCR tier. The precise numbers would need to be calculated to ensure that (1) DCR 91+ players are rewarded for their development, and (2) babies and nanos can't win in a straightout battle 1-on-1 versus a 91 or 101 but are still significant in their guild's performance.
Keithustus
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby lsfichi » Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:05 pm

Emily does ok wit the system as it is. and about her not getting to 101 is debatable. I still have loads to upgrades to do and I'm 101. Attacking her idea just because is her idea is stupid and infantile.Looking for secrets agendas is futile. tell us why is this a bad system. Propose one. Be constructive.
lsfichi

Postby pitofdespair » Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:00 am

It seems like there should be an easy way, but no system that evens out babies and dreads is going to make it possible for others to compete. Unfortunately the matchmaking system does not account well for immortal-only offenses. Until that is fixed, you'll never be able to reasonably balance the major groups of players.

Even if you just try to even out high trophy vs. low trophy per hour and forget the immortal issues, any time you make it all about opponent DCR people will inevitably sandbag:
A has all training of minions and spell levels done.
B does not.
A at natural (unsandbagged) trophy level has harder opponents than B under matchmaking.
Even out A and B by giving A just enough bonus stars to level them across an hour of play (the proposal above).
A and B now do equally well in the tournament, all else held equal.
A sandbags trophies somewhat below B.
A and B now have even target DCRs, and even bonus stars per raid.
But A has stronger minions and spells than B and can therefore score total stars faster than B.
A therefore gets more stars per hour than B if A sandbags (and more than A gets without sandbagging).

Following this through, anyone who wants to win in tournaments should sandbag.

It's slightly more complicated than this, but not much, and I don't think the complications are enough to leave a useful gap in the logic.

The only way to avoid this is to make the bonus stars at higher ranks substantially better than at lower ranks. Sandbagged A then does worse than natural A, and A chooses not to sandbag. But B now does substantially worse than natural A, and the whole purpose of basing stars on target DCR and stars per hour is foiled.

I've discussed elsewhere why current matchmaking ensures that any simple additive formula won't work. When I get a chance I'll try to briefly summarize a proposed solution to again in the suggestions forum. It does make use of the idea of evening out stars per hour - but involves more than target DCR.
Bruce Campbells Army of Darkness - an open lv 40 guild for casual players of all levels who want to develop their dungeons and get Dreadstone in tournaments
Game Center: agoodspellr
pitofdespair
Keeper
Keeper

Postby none » Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:42 pm

Simply someone wants the game for only 4-5 players with DCR 101. They impose their opinion to the developers and other players.
none

Postby lsfichi » Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:23 pm

I'm for a fair game for all. for instance the +50 dcr should win more stars. all you do is whine accusing the rest of whining and bullying. please have respect and debate. tell us your solution. reasons and all. the other day someone said that instead of trying to change the system we should embrace the chance to adapt and enjoy. at the same time he didn't seemed to appreciate the chance he gets to adapt and enjoy once the system changes. creating fakes profiles to hide behind. Grow a pair,please.
lsfichi

Postby Keithustus » Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:28 pm

none wrote:Simply someone wants the game for only 4-5 players with DCR 101. They impose their opinion to the developers and other players.

Ya, and how dare golf course designers build holes so that it makes the most sense often to hit the ball 300-500 meters at a time! Only the top few percent of golfers can even do that accurately!
Keithustus
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby none » Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:30 pm

Keithustus wrote:Ya, and how dare golf course designers build holes so that it makes the most sense often to hit the ball 300-500 meters at a time! Only the top few percent of golfers can even do that accurately!

:lol: Ok. But DCR 101 doesn't mean the top player. You flatter herself by thinking that you are top. Kings don't need those kind of things (formula etc.) to be the best! It's not about formula.
none

Postby Keithustus » Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:12 pm

Why put words into my mouth?
Keithustus
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby Ravenous » Sun Jan 31, 2016 4:24 pm

rivas wrote:
Anyway i am done talking, i dont think..It is easier the mumbo jumbo

+1

This was a very difficult situation, but the star system is working remarkably well so far, the tournaments are far better than they have ever been. Within my own guild those that do the most earn the most, I presume that is global as well. Any further tweaks should now be focused on things other than stars, and there are a lot of other factors. I wont list a bunch, anyone who plays the game can think of 10 easily, I am sure.
List of Polls:Topic order Ascending Topic order Descending
DH 11 / DCR 82 / trophy~5.8k / CP>2.8m / HB>8.6k / Plunder>12.1b
Ravenous
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby Glyyde » Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:53 pm

With the new dcr, what's the star count for tourney victory?
Glyyde

PreviousNext

Return to Official Patch & Hotfix Notes