HOME        ABOUT
FORUMS        FAQ

Lv15 wall is too weak?

Talk amongst y'selves!

Lv15 wall is too weak?

Postby JPN Keepers » Fri May 19, 2017 1:13 pm

Hi Keepers,

I am one of the early adapters of Lv15 wall after 7.0 update.
It protected my dungeon well and also scared some players away at the beginning.

But after some repeated magic experience sales, now many players have Lv15 wall bomb spell that can destroy Lv15 wall with 2 bombs, same as Lv12 wall.
To upgrade the wall from Lv12 to 15, total 100M stones are required. It is a lot of investment for many players, yet it has no additional protection against Lv15 bomb spell.
It is effective to players with lower level bomb spell but most of them cannot defeat high DCR dungeons who can afford Lv15 walls anyway.

In my opinion, at least 3 bombs should be required to destroy Lv 14 and 15 walls. Otherwise, all walls above Lv12 are meaningless.
JPN Keepers

Re: Lv15 wall is too weak?

Postby Cesspool » Sun May 28, 2017 8:17 am

It's still the same as it always was. Used to be two maxed BW for a a single maxed wall. Sure you get more BW with the new max level but you get more walls with the update too. To me this is well balanced.
Leader of Canadian Keepers guild (lvl 40, welcoming new members or just drop in to say hi :))
Cesspool
Keeper
Keeper

Postby Manii Names » Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:36 pm

Balanced how? It is way easier to level up WB than it is to build 100 L15 walls.
Manii Names

Postby JPN Keepers » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:20 pm

Cesspool wrote:It's still the same as it always was. Used to be two maxed BW for a a single maxed wall. Sure you get more BW with the new max level but you get more walls with the update too. To me this is well balanced.

You made a good point. Yes, it was two maxed bomb wall for one maxed wall before update.
Today after update, two maxed bomb walls for a Lv12 wall.
So Lv 12 or 13 should be the maxed wall.

Total 100M stones are required to upgrade Lv12 to Lv15.
It is a lot of stones even for top players but it can be destroyed by two bomb walls. No improvement.
JPN Keepers

Postby Snarfy » Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:36 pm

I completely agree regarding the strength of lv 13 & above but, from the point of view of someone who has just got their walls to 9, this is encouraging. I now know that 12 is as high as I need to go. At which point I can focus on something else. I know this is frustrating for you and I really appreciate the sharing of info. Now, lv 11 and above doors........
Snarfy

Postby MiamiBeach_Steve » Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:27 am

I agree. When people use the phrase "every dungeon is beatable" it hinges on the porous walls. Everyone has streaks of hundreds to thousands. I don't know if continuing the position of weak walls is or ever was a good idea. But I do feel that there should be some more give on allowing for advanced/developed accounts to hold fort. This thought process may change if the devs introduce new elements into the game of course and they've been doing a fantastic job at developing the game. Really impressed and Im happy to throw some coins in the pot to see their amazing craft.

I cant speak for others; I can just analyze my own time put into the game, general enjoyment, and my spending.....and it has a lot to do with the strength of walls.

a) When I stopped playing the game once, one reason I recall was the feeling of being ripped off having bought permanent walls which the game changed into breakable walls.

b) In the new updates, I rushed buying walls and realized after collecting enough of them that they were a waste of resources. So much so, that that last couple times there was a 60% deal I opted to buy traps at full price.

c) As the game has given enough 5X spell upgrades to max out every one's bomb spell it took away the competitive advantage of rushing to blue walls. So there was a window in which they were valuable but that time has long passed. In fact, walls are so weak that I haven't bothered to max out my own wall spell but every other spell is maxed.

Some suggestions:
1) top level walls be life draining affecting all minions directly next to that given square. "Ancient walls" that age you if next to it.
or
2) top level walls aren't passable unless one square next to it such as a wall or door is also destroyed or left empty.
or
3) Bring back permanent walls. Make getting them as annoying as getting the mummy if you need to. Take it past blue.

I'm up for tweaks. :)
MiamiBeach_Steve

Postby purgatoria » Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:20 am

MiamiBeach_Steve wrote:Some suggestions:
1) top level walls be life draining affecting all minions directly next to that given square. "Ancient walls" that age you if next to it.

I like this one
purgatoria
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Return to General Discussion