HOME        ABOUT
FORUMS        FAQ

Need to fix matching

Talk amongst y'selves!

Need to fix matching

Postby Cesspool » Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:06 pm

Obviously this isn't new but I think it should be brought up (maybe again, not sure if there isn't another thread or threads already that address it).

Devs you should really fix matching so that high DCR dungeons are not offered up DCR 10-20 dungeons. I don't sandbag down (a topic for another day and many threads already on that, obviously) but why at DCR 192 do I regularly see starter dungeons when I'm matching for raids? I mean, during a tourney I will take the 421 pts with 0 mana and no minions deployed tyvm but it just shouldn't happen and more importantly it can't be great for new players to get bulldozed during tourneys by big dungeons. My $0.02
Leader of Canadian Keepers guild (lvl 40, welcoming new members or just drop in to say hi :))
Cesspool
Keeper
Keeper

Re: Need to fix matching

Postby pitofdespair » Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:59 pm

+1

There's problems at the very high and very low ends, but I don't see much reason to match lower than 2/3 of your matching rank (DCR & trophies) normally. Anything below that is a cakewalk, at least for me. Maybe at the low end can open the range up a fixed amount (so a DCR 10 person isn't stuck looking for DCR 7 people), and cap the amount of trophies considered to max 10k (so a 70k trophy person can find opponents).

Worst case, it would be better to serve up clones of ppl online/caved-in like it used to, if no targets are available, to keep the competition level reasonable.
Bruce Campbells Army of Darkness - an open lv 40 guild for casual players of all levels who want to develop their dungeons and get Dreadstone in tournaments
pitofdespair
Keeper
Keeper

Postby Gunbladelad » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:18 pm

I've commented on this before having had a situation where none of my minions or immortals were over level 7 and none of my rooms above level 5, yet getting raused by players with level 40+ immortals - and revenge-raiding wasn't even an option as an entire force of myour minions would've died before even getting near their first room.

Very unfair to players just trying to get up & running when they get steamrolled like that.
Gunbladelad

Postby DKDev_Chris » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:45 pm

This is on my list of things to looks at. I'm hoping to have some time next week to dig into our options.
DKDev_Chris
Developer
Developer

Postby Dissonant Niko » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:28 pm

Thanks Chris. I hope you can come up with something.
Dungeon Name - Dissonant Niko - Level 88
Dread 2 - Active Raider for Canadian Eh guild.
Dissonant Niko

Postby Kaihawaii » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:25 pm

DKDev_Chris wrote:This is on my list of things to looks at. I'm hoping to have some time next week to dig into our options.

Why not fixing all kind of bugs before? Instead EA's indirect or direct nerving immortals more and more. Look at Tiny, a lvl 2 Torture chamber kills her already. Weakest immortal now, if you don't have bought map visibility. Totally out of proportion with all that traps around.

Because she's so weak it's nice to have every tournament a few very low dungeons. Doesn't matter when you go for 100k+ stars, but it is a nice surprise.

Gunbladelad wrote:I've commented on this before having had a situation where none of my minions or immortals were over level 7 and none of my rooms above level 5, yet getting raused by players with level 40+ immortals - and revenge-raiding wasn't even an option as an entire force of myour minions would've died before even getting near their first room.

Very unfair to players just trying to get up & running when they get steamrolled like that.

Lvl 35 is the current maximum lvl.
Dungeon & Gamecenter ID: As Tiny goes by
Campaign walktrough: Battle of the Elements
Kaihawaii
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Return to General Discussion