HOME        ABOUT
FORUMS        FAQ

DKDev_Chris This message is for you (Low Trophies-High DCR)

Talk amongst y'selves!

Re: DKDev_Chris This message is for you (Low Trophies-High D

Postby Mincho » Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:55 pm

JPN Keepers wrote:Mincho,

Let me tell you the history a little bit.

Some years ago, everybody including me had a low DCR dungeon with Lv35 Tinny that was called "baby dungeon".
As it could make tons of stars, baby dungeon was the only way to win the tournament.

There was a big discussion about the scoring system and EA changed it. Higher DCR gets more stars.
After the change, many players with baby dungeon left the game.

The scoring system today is much better than before.
High DCR - high trophy dungeon can beat High DCR - low trophy dungeon with right strategy and effort.
If EA changes the scoring system significantly again, we may loose more players again.
With less players, EA will have less budget and we will get less updates and improvements. Everything will shrink.

In my opinion, sandbagging is a part of the game now after all discussions.
You have a choice to keep the trophies and enjoy your ranking in leaders board,
or throw them away and enjoy efficient tournament stars.

You are talking only about the tournament but defense is another way to enjoy the game.
I have raided your dungeon and remember it was well organized. I think you have a talent to build a good dungeon.
It is a game. Enjoy it.

Thanks for the information, I imagine that would happen, more and more players would be lost, but you are omitting something; you do not give them the possibility of new players coming. It is impossible for them to win a tournament, they just limit themselves to being outside the top 3 (with that profit of gems it would take years and years for them to be competitive).

** If Cris answers me; The system of low trophies / high DCR is legitimate and that will never change the way they earn stars and that these will always be higher compared to a high dcr and high trophies, obviously I would lower my cups to a minimum.

** Gems are the only quick way to reach a room 30. Unless you wait for years.

Thanks for answering JPN.
Mincho

Postby Kongar » Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:55 pm

The rules are established and can be changed at any time. :)

Eliminating sandbagging won't solve your problem. The sandbaggers would all move up to dread3 in a few weeks or less.

Play the game and have fun.

Kongar
Upgraded Minion
Upgraded Minion

Postby HellSewercide » Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:40 am

Just my view on the matter.

I will start with saying I don't have a high DCR sandbagging dungeon. I have a High DCR, High Trophy dungeon.

Do i care others sandbag? No, not really, it's their choice, yes they score faster. They also have to spend hours lowering their dungeon, so when you put that into the equation you can play the same amount and compete, again they will probably still come out on top if you both played the exact number of hours and both were speed raiding.

Another point, there is nothing stopping anyone doing it, if you feel they are so awesome, do it yourself.

Another point, being a veteran of the game I am also aware that most of the people that can kick arse with their High DCR low Trophy dungeon ALSO have a High DCR and High Trophy dungeon sitting on the top 100 leaderboards. They wont care if a change happens, if anything it will make them that little bit stronger as then only the top dungeons can compete. Most of them are friends so will jump around and take more 1st place podium.

Some of us have been playing this game for 5 years so you cant play for 6 months and expect to be the best, well you can, just buy the gems.
Dungeon: Hell | Position: Leader | Guild: Sewercide | Horny Chosen Rings: 29 (Sewercide x5, Italy x7, Russia x6, Skar Tactics x2, Romania x2, Slovakia x2, Mexico, Dutch, France, France actif, Gilde Pilsner)
HellSewercide
Upgraded Minion
Upgraded Minion

Postby Mincho » Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:12 pm

HellSewercide wrote:Just my view on the matter.

I will start with saying I don't have a high DCR sandbagging dungeon. I have a High DCR, High Trophy dungeon.

Do i care others sandbag? No, not really, it's their choice, yes they score faster. They also have to spend hours lowering their dungeon, so when you put that into the equation you can play the same amount and compete, again they will probably still come out on top if you both played the exact number of hours and both were speed raiding.

Another point, there is nothing stopping anyone doing it, if you feel they are so awesome, do it yourself.

Another point, being a veteran of the game I am also aware that most of the people that can kick arse with their High DCR low Trophy dungeon ALSO have a High DCR and High Trophy dungeon sitting on the top 100 leaderboards. They wont care if a change happens, if anything it will make them that little bit stronger as then only the top dungeons can compete. Most of them are friends so will jump around and take more 1st place podium.

Some of us have been playing this game for 5 years so you cant play for 6 months and expect to be the best, well you can, just buy the gems.

Of course I can, I will be in the top 100 in less than a year. I have already managed to make between 250,000 and 350,000 stars with DCR 230 and with trophies 15,700, my rooms are almost all already at level 24 .. The tournament against the past came first. The past I went first (I competed with players who have been 5 years and DCR 400) .... I think I've been the player with more avace in the history of the game, what takes 5 years to me will take me only 1 .. .. So run fast I'll leave you smelling dust. :D

* Before DCR 300 I will have all the walls at the highest level: b.

** High DCR with low trophies is not the same ... they are the only ones that give me problems and I only complain about their score ...

* You also say that it is difficult to download trophies ??, it is only to leave the heart open, hahaha very difficult.
Mincho

Postby pitofdespair » Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:28 pm

I’m afraid that this has been discussed for four years out of five. ;) There is a solution that removes the incentive to sandbag, but it requires some code and a little math, and I don’t think it’s the biggest priority for them, they would rather spend their time on new content if that is possible. There are many that agree with you Mincho, personally I have always felt it makes it more difficult for the low level players. I also agree that players who are good and/or spend money don’t really care about sandbagging. But I don’t think it will be changed now, so best not to let it upset you too much. ;)
Bruce Campbells Army of Darkness - an open lv 40 guild for casual players of all levels who want to develop their dungeons and get Dreadstone in tournaments
pitofdespair
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Previous

Return to General Discussion