HOME        ABOUT
FORUMS        FAQ

@DKChris, Past time to rebalance cost of gems/resources

Talk amongst y'selves!

@DKChris, Past time to rebalance cost of gems/resources

Postby Casa » Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:26 am

Currently at 350dcr, with a resource sale, it would cost me over $25USD to purchase stone to upgrade a low 30s level room.
I've played for several years and hope to play for years to come. I know that will only happen if EA sees revenue coming in. It's simply not economically feasible to purchase gems for resources in a matter that would make any real impact to my play.
I would propose that the formulation be changed for purchasing resources. Maybe a flat rate, regardless of capacity? I.E., a 100% fill of resources costs the same, regardless of dcr. Maybe a discount for players under 100/150 CD-R, to encourage new players. I realize that this would help the biggest keepers greatly as they rake in gems so detaching gems as the currency for purchase of resources may be needed. Or, add an additional cash option. $10 for a refill on stone/gold. Or, 3257 gems, or whatever. I'd drop $10 on a regular basis. Easily $100 a year. And I don't think I'm alone. But $25+ to gain +10 mana capacity isn't in the realm of reason, imho.
Anyway, I hope Chris and the devs will consider this. Many of the most loyal players won't spend money on resources at these higher levels. The DCR inflation is just too high. And when/if the game updates with higher levels, it will just grow to a new level of ridiculousness.

Thoughts?
-Casa. -- BCAoD
Co-leader at Bruce Campbell's Army of Darkness. Sometimes found in Army of Dorkness toying with my chainsaw and broomstick.
Casa

Re: @DKChris, Past time to rebalance cost of gems/resources

Postby DKDev_Chris » Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:11 pm

Thanks for the feedback. I agree with you that those purchases costs do not scale well at that stage of the game. The tricky part with the code is that weighting costs past a certain threshold can't be modified, and since the economy has grown way past what the original designers planned it's difficult to cater to both new and elder players in this regard.

The feedback is always valuable though, and I'll pass this along to the rest of the team on Monday.
DKDev_Chris
Developer
Developer

Re: @DKChris, Past time to rebalance cost of gems/resources

Postby HellSewercide » Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:03 am

Just make it $1 for 5m stone or gold (create a scale depending on how much they want going up 5m per dollar). None of the big players buy resources anyway as they can get 10M+ on the right raid, but for growing players this would help them a lot. And if you make it cheap you will see many young players spend money.
Dungeon: Hell | Position: Leader | Guild: Sewercide | Horny Chosen Rings: 10 (+78 for other guilds)
HellSewercide
Upgraded Minion
Upgraded Minion

Return to General Discussion