HOME        ABOUT
FORUMS        FAQ

Howto (Walkthrough): "Battle of the Elements" ***SPOILER***

Talk amongst y'selves!

Howto (Walkthrough): "Battle of the Elements" ***SPOILER***

Postby Kaihawaii » Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:39 pm

*** SPOILER ALERT, DON'T READ, IF YOU WANT SURPRISES IN THIS CAMPAIGN! ***
New Campaign Maps - Battle of the Elements!- A new Evil has taken hold in the realm, threatening to seize everything you have conquered throughout your domain! 10 new themed Campaign missions are available to any who would undertake the challenge, where Keepers must face off against the lieutenants of "The Aether". Make no mistake - this endeavor is not for the weak of heart. Only the most diabolical and fearsome Keepers will stand even the slightest chance against these enemies. The few who are victorious will earn the distinct privilege of challenging the fallen lord himself, one who possesses but a single weakness. Unlikely as it may be, any Keeper who discovers his vulnerability and defeats this champion will make their prowess known to any would-be attacker, displaying their names in gold for all to see, in addition to earning a sizable amount of Gems. Note - Players must have completed the Campaign mission "Tomb of the Giants" in order to access the Elemental missions.
src.: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=10955

A) Top 5 Put your name, date, screenshot for proof, when you completed the campaign!

1. Virgo, 18..11.2015
2. kai-x, 19.11.2015
3. -, 19.11.2015
4. Base, 20.11.2015
5. Black Crag, 21.11.2015

B) Just put here your best strategies on your way to your golden Dungeonname by completing the new "Elements" campaign levels 1-10 (39-48)

39. Domain of Frost
Black Crag wrote:3xBomb Wall to make a shortcut down from the first bend and then to the right (spell needs to be maxed)
send Morty (35) through to destroy a room
deploy some Trolls and a Mistress there and send Morty to attack the Guard Room (not sure if Trolls are actually needed as I think Morty can just walk past those rooms)
3xCluck Off (maxed) to kill Tiny before Morty gets there
when Morty has killed the Guard Room, send in Vampires to kill the heart (I had 4 vamps and 8 warlocks plus Morty -- it has crazy hit points)
1 star win (heartkill)
or/and
HellSewercide wrote:The first wave I did a lot easier, 1dt take out the 4 AA next to workshop, send tiny to the lair, take that out, 10 vampires and two mistresses on the heart. I exited the raid at 70% 2 stars to keep my tiny alive. With 500 mana I could have 3 starred it
or/and
toulouse wrote:Image

40. Frost's Revenge
Black Crag wrote:This is just 5 waves of mostly flyers. First wave spawns all over the place but the rest spawn in the last destroyed room as normal. It's harder than the weekly raids. I failed once and moved a couple of AAs, then passed. If you're having trouble just redesign your dungeon to deal with AI. Plenty of posts about that elsewhere.

41. Domain of Fire
Black Crag wrote:1xBomb Wall (maxed) to make a shortcut to the first DL and the one below it.
3xCluck Off (maxed) to clear out the Hornies on the right side and kill as many Warlocks as possible.
Trolls and Mistress to kill DLs.
Horny (35) straight to the Heart. There are no bombs or zaps. just fire.
1 star win on percentage -- didn't kill the heart in time. Should be possible to kill the heart if you send a guild Mistress or Vampires with Horny.

42. Fire's Revenge
Black Crag wrote:1 wave of flyers, then 4 waves of Hornies with some Trolls and Mistresses. Lots and lots of Hornes. It's tougher than a weekly raid. Set up a corridor of death if you need it but high DCR dungeons probably don't need to do this. I made no changes and just clucked a few times in the last wave.

I'll keep going with ground attacks, someone with a better Tiny can probably find a better way to do air.

43. Domain of Storm
Black Crag wrote:Setup: Horny, 2 Mistresses, 40 Trolls and Guild Mistress.
Clear the corridor to the left with 1 Bomb Wall (you need to bomb 2 lvl11 walls, all the soft walls are actually zappers)
Send a team of Trolls and a Mistress
Send a second team if they don't get to the Torture Chambers
Lightning Bolt the Torture Chambers when the attackers get there (not sure if needed)
Deploy Horny and guild banner and send them to the heart
Cluck the Glarrgls (not sure if needed)
100% but only 2 stars for some reason

44. Storm's Revenge
Black Crag wrote:Starting to see a pattern here -- 1 wave of flyers then 4 waves of the same immortal in different sizes. This time it's Glarrgl. Like Horny, Glarrgl doesn't have very high hit points so this one isn't very hard. Normal defence tactics work very well.

45. Domain of Earth
Black Crag wrote:Setup: Horny (35), 2 Mistresses, 4 Vampires, Trolls, Guild Mistress
There's nothing in the first corridor so you can just send a smallish Troll team to destroy the first Hatchery.
Bomb Wall from there to the next Hatchery to the left.
New Troll team to destroy that, and then the third of the top Hatcheries.
Bomb Wall from the last corridor into the top of the Heart -- you only need one cast because there are AA traps between the reinforced walls so you don't need to bomb that. The soft walls in the corridor are also traps so no bombs needed.
Deploy Horny and Vampires in the top left room to kill the heart. If Swampy interferes you need to cluck him. I let my level 35 Horny fight him after I killed the heart and even at 80% rampage, Horny lost.
Two star victory.

46. Earth's Revenge
Black Crag wrote:This one is a big step up in difficulty compared to the earlier defence missions. It follows the same pattern though; 1 wave of flyers, 4 waves of immortals. This time it's Swampuses (Swampi?) and they have more Mistresses as well as Trolls, Bile Daemons and Warlocks with them. I failed a couple of times and it wasn't even close. The Swampuses take too little damage from traps and rooms and the Mistresses let them surf past zappers and ice. I had to build a Corridor of Death to beat them. I also used Ghosts and Mistresses (Ghosts on speed) to get past the resistance of the last wave of Swampuses.

47. Domain of Ether
Kaihawaii wrote:Take the new immortal Glarrgl (Gurggl) with you and give the end game opponent a stun-kick in the butt with some other minions or a second immortal doing the dirty job. I thought the Avatar would be the guy to beat, maybe later in one of future campaigns...

or/and
toulouse wrote:This may be correct — I used 2x miss + 8 vamps + swamp and he was stunned most of the time and gone in a matter of seconds. Didn't even notice what does he actually do :)

or/and
purgatory_1 wrote:Domain of ether took me a while, finally finished it with 35 warlocks and a mist from the guild. Disable all the traps in the left corridor and the traps on the left of the dh and send them all in at once. Use a couple of skellies to trigger the zappers if you don't have scouting.

48. Ether's Revenge
toulouse wrote:On the defense mission I trapped him on a LVL 10 fireburst with a couple of zappers, one volcano and a workshop shooting. It took _ages_ to kill him even on a 4x speed.Image

Note: Place the vampire on a spike trap instead.
Black Crag wrote:Aether's Revenge:
This mission has 6 waves. The first is the now familiar flyer wave coming from four directions. You'll want to make sure they destroy the right rooms in the right order so you can control where the next waves go.
The second wave is Boss Tiny with a bunch of smaller Tinies and Ghosts. Again, be careful what they destroy (if anything) because the remaining waves HAVE to go through your Corridor of Death as they will wreck any other defences.
The third wave is Boss Horny and his little brothers. Nothing fancy.
The fourth wave is Boss Glargll's team. Be careful with how you've prepared your dungeon because their Inkball attacks combined can destroy any room they happen to pass within 3 squares of. So don't let them close on their way to the Corridor of Death.
The fifth wave is Boss Swampus and his friends. No trouble as long as they go into the corridor.
The last wave is all the bosses again and the Boss Vampire last. Just be careful with Tiny as she might open up a room before the Vampire spawns and then it's all over. The rest of the bosses will die in the corridor but you can speed their demise with a few Ghosts and a Mistress.
Last edited by Kaihawaii on Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:26 am, edited 21 times in total.
Dungeon & Gamecenter ID: As Tiny goes by
Campaign walktrough: Battle of the Elements
Kaihawaii
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Re: Howto (Walkthrough): Campaign "Battle of the Elements"

Postby Black Crag » Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:47 am

I did the first two yesterday and the third this morning.

Domain of Frost (failed twice):
3xBomb Wall to make a shortcut down from the first bend and then to the right (spell needs to be maxed)
send Morty (35) through to destroy a room
deploy some Trolls and a Mistress there and send Morty to attack the Guard Room (not sure if Trolls are actually needed as I think Morty can just walk past those rooms)
3xCluck Off (maxed) to kill Tiny before Morty gets there
when Morty has killed the Guard Room, send in Vampires to kill the heart (I had 4 vamps and 8 warlocks plus Morty -- it has crazy hit points)
1 star win (heartkill)

Frost's Revenge:
This is just 5 waves of mostly flyers. First wave spawns all over the place but the rest spawn in the last destroyed room as normal. It's harder than the weekly raids. I failed once and moved a couple of AAs, then passed. If you're having trouble just redesign your dungeon to deal with AI. Plenty of posts about that elsewhere.

Domain of Fire (first attempt):
1xBomb Wall (maxed) to make a shortcut to the first DL and the one below it.
3xCluck Off (maxed) to clear out the Hornies on the right side and kill as many Warlocks as possible.
Trolls and Mistress to kill DLs.
Horny (35) straight to the Heart. There are no bombs or zaps. just fire.
1 star win on percentage -- didn't kill the heart in time. Should be possible to kill the heart if you send a guild Mistress or Vampires with Horny.
Leader of the Crooked Moon guild (level 40, 6 bracket victories). Find us in game and join, or read our recruitment topic here.
Black Crag
Keeper
Keeper

Postby HellSewercide » Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:35 am

The first wave I did a lot easier, 1dt take out the 4 AA next to workshop, send tiny to the lair, take that out, 10 vampires and two mistresses on the heart. I exited the raid at 70% 2 stars to keep my tiny alive. With 500 mana I could have 3 starred it
Dungeon: Hell | Position: Leader | Guild: Sewercide | Horny Chosen Rings: 17 (Sewercide x3, Italy x4, Russia x2, Skar Tactics x2, Romania x2, Mexico, Slovakia, Dutch, France actif)
HellSewercide
Upgraded Minion
Upgraded Minion

Postby Kaihawaii » Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:15 am

Thanks for contribution, will update 1st post every now and then...
Kaihawaii
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby Black Crag » Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:06 am

Fire's Revenge:
1 wave of flyers, then 4 waves of Hornies with some Trolls and Mistresses. Lots and lots of Hornes. It's tougher than a weekly raid. Set up a corridor of death if you need it but high DCR dungeons probably don't need to do this. I made no changes and just clucked a few times in the last wave.

I'll keep going with ground attacks, someone with a better Tiny can probably find a better way to do air.

Domain of Storm:
Setup: Horny, 2 Mistresses, 40 Trolls and Guild Mistress.
Clear the corridor to the left with 1 Bomb Wall (you need to bomb 2 lvl11 walls, all the soft walls are actually zappers)
Send a team of Trolls and a Mistress
Send a second team if they don't get to the Torture Chambers
Lightning Bolt the Torture Chambers when the attackers get there (not sure if needed)
Deploy Horny and guild banner and send them to the heart
Cluck the Glarrgls (not sure if needed)
100% but only 2 stars for some reason
Leader of the Crooked Moon guild (level 40, 6 bracket victories). Find us in game and join, or read our recruitment topic here.
Black Crag
Keeper
Keeper

Postby rivas » Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:41 am

Spoilers.. Don't do this...
ImageSolo brackets won: 4. Sandbagger and mother of 2 baby dungeons. Guilds: Element Zero, KAOS, Wartroll, The Dungeon Kings
Dungeon Keeper: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... S27gsDvucZ
rivas
Keeper
Keeper

Postby Kaihawaii » Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:55 am

rivas wrote:Spoilers.. Don't do this...

thread title explains all - who don't want to read what is coming, shouldn't click it. But will add some extra warnings, for the less advanced or tired readers and "1st click, than think visitors"...
Kaihawaii
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Re: Howto (Walkthrough): "Battle of the Elements" ***SPOILER

Postby rivas » Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:38 pm

It's supposed to be a challenge and those looking for help are not worthy and don't deserve the Yellow Glow on their Nickname
ImageSolo brackets won: 4. Sandbagger and mother of 2 baby dungeons. Guilds: Element Zero, KAOS, Wartroll, The Dungeon Kings
rivas
Keeper
Keeper

Postby Kaihawaii » Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:46 pm

Thank you for your opinion, we'll put all level together as announced. Many more real issues, why a player or playing style is "less worthy". A player sabotaging other's guilds would meet such criteria for sure and not worth a single reply. A Walkthrough for - not offense DCR developed - keepers is worth some shiny golden name blingbling.
Kaihawaii
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby rivas » Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:05 pm

Half of the challenges are defense related.. So only high DCR will be able to pass them, so your walkthrough is not to help the weak but to get the easy way the highway..

Besides being told kills all the fun... Whatever just my opinion. Im not coming back to to this thread to argue more.

P. D Only pass the canpaigns without any help deserves the golden glow.. Not a walkthough given away by random keepers lol

P.D2 Sabotaging other guilds is not cheap and is part of the game
rivas
Keeper
Keeper

Next

Return to General Discussion