New update, when, do you like it?

Postby DK2Hell » Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:58 pm

Hi devs,

When we get the new Update?
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=11933

Hi keepers,

Do you like it?

############

I dont like it...just to upgrade rooms, traps and minions is not what i want!
Bugfixes?
:mrgreen:
SKAR TACTICS | Level 40 | 6 Rings...needs you!

Klick here!
http://forums.dungeonkeeper.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=10767

My Line ID = me12345683
DK2Hell
Keeper
Keeper

Re: New update, when, do you like it?

Postby Grimlord » Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:17 pm

Urrgh! This is way too soon. I just barely hit DCR 200 and now I'll never be done at this rate.

No mention of Level 16 Bomb Wall or higher immortal levels is disturbing.

And I can't see anyone being able to legitimately save up enough resources without using gems for resupplies.

Either EA is getting desperate for people to spend their money, or those of us lower down are paying the price for the big spenders.
Grimlord
Minion
Minion

Postby Kaihawaii » Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:58 pm

@devs: what color does lvl 16 wall got ("shiny new look")? I hate the blue lvl 15. is it red again?
@all: a bit early, but for the sake of gem players, so be it.
Dungeon & Gamecenter ID: As Tiny goes by
Campaign walktrough: Battle of the Elements
Kaihawaii
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby DK2Hell » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:03 pm

@devs
The resources of all 8mines Should BE Safe...so Nobody cant Steal it!
Its better For all normal players :mrgreen:
SKAR TACTICS | Level 40 | 6 Rings...needs you!

Klick here!
http://forums.dungeonkeeper.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=10767

My Line ID = me12345683
DK2Hell
Keeper
Keeper

Postby pitofdespair » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:01 pm

Interesting. On the upside, I'm guessing some high lv ppl were out of training to do... I was out of useful training. On the downside, finishing all traps now is basically impossible... adds about two years of dedicated imps, on top of the 2.5 years the last update added. If trap upgrade time was half of the current speeds, it'd still be longer than anything. True, bomb wall isn't keeping up with wall levels, but not sure if that's good or bad. Extra mana needs to be used somewhere, and top lv walls are much more of a challenge to get to than one spell level. Cluck off is becoming a poor spell at high lv because it's so slow to cast against such tough minions - can easily spend over a minute slowly clucking away. Air defense is finally getting practical if you build your dungeon around it, and Tiny will become as useful as D&D against high lv, which is entirely good by me. Overall I reserve judgment on the update. My biggest concern still remains Sir Cophagus being indefensible, but we'll find out about that in a couple of weeks, now that there's more buildings and training to run DCR up fast. Just wish I could've finished my walls first - was almost done! ;)
Bruce Campbells Army of Darkness - an open lv 40 guild for casual players of all levels who want to develop their dungeons and get Dreadstone in tournaments
pitofdespair
Keeper
Keeper

Postby pitofdespair » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:17 pm

DK2Hell wrote:@devs
The resources of all 8mines Should BE Safe...so Nobody cant Steal it!
Its better For all normal players :mrgreen:

I'll echo the sentiment, if not the solution - I've heard increasing complaints about people not being able to save up enough resources to upgrade, without it all being stolen, especially on the weekends. It's not practical for everyone to stay logged in non-stop until they can do an upgrade, and when people are attacked between every login, you can lose more than you gain. The number of lootbaggers has increased dramatically.
Last edited by pitofdespair on Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bruce Campbells Army of Darkness - an open lv 40 guild for casual players of all levels who want to develop their dungeons and get Dreadstone in tournaments
pitofdespair
Keeper
Keeper

Postby pitofdespair » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:21 pm

Grimlord wrote:I just barely hit DCR 200 and now I'll never be done at this rate.

I think all of the completionists are having the same thought. I'm putting together a list of completion points for some of the game versions - will try to post it soon (probably under the maxed out list).
pitofdespair
Keeper
Keeper

Postby goonigoogoo » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:27 am

ONLY good thing about this update is I'll get the new immortals a bit quicker.
Games turning into Groundhog Day
:roll:
Oh lord help me I'm falling down the stairs
Guild - Dark Exodus
goonigoogoo
Keeper
Keeper

Postby JPN Keepers » Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:34 pm

I really appreciate this update.
Many of us thought that update 7.0 would be the final update and EA engineers would walk away...
I know two players left because they thought it was the end of this game. :(
But look, the engineering team have worked on this new update!

It is the perfect timing to lease the update to show players that this game is not dead yet. :D
JPN Keepers
Upgraded Minion
Upgraded Minion

Postby Grimlord » Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:02 pm

JPN Keepers wrote:I really appreciate this update.
Many of us thought that update 7.0 would be the final update and EA engineers would walk away...
I know two players left because they thought it was the end of this game. :(
But look, the engineering team have worked on this new update!

It is the perfect timing to lease the update to show players that this game is not dead yet. :D

Except for the fact that all this update has done is cater to the elite few (namely the big gem spenders). It hasn't addressed legitimate concerns like looting and being looted (especially with everything being so expensive to the point that saving up is next to impossible - Level 25 rooms will probably cost 66M, so try saving up that amount without resupplying).
Grimlord
Minion
Minion

Next

Return to General Discussion