HOME        ABOUT
FORUMS        FAQ

Bad update

Talk amongst y'selves!

Bad update

Postby Plague » Sat May 26, 2018 3:40 pm

I've had more disconnects and game crashes in the first few hours of the tourny than I normally get over the whole weekend, then whilst I get kicked out from the game others are free to raid me and take immortals, and the matchmaking is horrendous , constantly raided by 20k dungs with sir c.
Once again ea and the crack team of programmers have messed up the game.
Plague

Re: Bad update

Postby DKDev_Chris » Tue May 29, 2018 10:15 am

Is anyone else experiencing an unusually high number of disconnects since downloading the #8.0 client?
DKDev_Chris
Developer
Developer

Postby Cesspool » Tue May 29, 2018 11:55 am

Nope, was smooth sailing for me through the weekend. On iOS.
Leader of Canadian Keepers guild (lvl 40, welcoming new members or just drop in to say hi :))
Cesspool
Keeper
Keeper

Postby big_davey_b » Tue May 29, 2018 5:49 pm

Saturday was good. I genuinely was starting to think the stability issues had finally been cracked. Then Sunday and Monday. Oh dear. I even had a couple of raids that seemed to get lost entirely. I must have had 20 occasions where my imps decided on a spring clean, only to be immediately told that I couldn’t get back in as somebody was attacking me. Raiding on Saturday and Sunday seemed to be a lottery. And I’m noticing that more keepers who raid me seem to be suffering disconnect losses as well. It almost seems like something broke around 18 hours into the tourney. Running an IPad Air.
Current leader of Chaos Theory. A guild for those who want to build their dungeons properly.
Playing DK since the PC days.
i used to call myself a Whale in the Making.
Now I'm just a Whale.
big_davey_b
Upgraded Minion
Upgraded Minion

Postby big_davey_b » Tue May 29, 2018 5:54 pm

Matchmaking has been broken for ages. I shouldn’t be getting matched with DCR 20 something’s when I’m DCR 272. But since keepers have tried so many creative ways to manipulate the matchmaking. Sandbagging trophies. Baby dungeons and the like. It’s hardly surprising that the matchmaking is completely shot. I’m just pleased that I get offered somebody every time I feel like a raid.
Current leader of Chaos Theory. A guild for those who want to build their dungeons properly.
Now I'm just a Whale.
big_davey_b
Upgraded Minion
Upgraded Minion

Postby BRAVE♡ » Tue May 29, 2018 6:18 pm

Similar problems with disconnects. Impossible to get a win streak of more than about 20 before another one strikes.
Running on android with Galaxy S7 edge.
BRAVE♡

Postby tylerdurden » Tue May 29, 2018 10:09 pm

Yes, lots of problems here, on android.

What seems to be a big problem is that the app no longer prevents the phone screen from sleeping when there's been no user activity for a few seconds. If the phone ever sleeps, even restoring the app screen right away causes a dropout and the message:

"error connecting to the server, code 7"

and the app restarts.

The app can drop out and the phone goes to sleep for many reasons - even in the middle of the app loading up if I don't keep touching the screen. It can happen if you're sitting on your own dungeon waiting those last few seconds for minions to breed, building to finish or immortals to cool down - and it can also happen during a raid if you're just letting things play out and haven't needed to touch the screen for a while, which means the raid suddenly cuts out which may result in a premature, unwarranted loss.

The problem also occurs if you accidentally bump the "Recent Apps" button. Even if you immediately return to DK, a disconnect error occurs.

Pre-update, the app could recover from any of these events without disconnecting.
tylerdurden

Postby DKDev_Chris » Wed May 30, 2018 9:52 am

OK thanks for the detailed information everyone. I'm compiling everything now and will send along to the rest of the team shortly.
DKDev_Chris
Developer
Developer

Postby Azkaban Rus » Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:03 pm

I've got apple, and i'm interested, how many keepers can't play normal after this f*cking update? :evil: I hadn't problems until this tourney,until saturday morning, when i couldn't enter the game for 10-30 minuts. How can we play the game, if we can't enter the game, and if we enter, the game is kicking us out? I don't need better, i need good, please make a new update, such update to make people play...and i don't matter about Sir Coufagus,becouse,for my opinion, he had really too much power, the problem is in weak another immortals, like Horny, for example, becouse their level stoped when dungeon level was about 130, and now, when dcr is much more than 300+(soon 450), immortalls are almost nothing, the game had lost balance, this is the maine problem.
Azkaban Rus

Postby big_davey_b » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:20 am

Fewer imp tidys this week. Although I was busy this weekend so I couldn’t raid anything like as much. And no getting kicked out, then not being able to get back in due to being raided. So whatever you have implemented there. Thankyou.
Also. I cannot endorse what the previous commenter said. Against DCR 250+ dungeons, the original immortals are now very underpowered. Horney, with a decent rampage running, can just about hold his own. But he is very fragile until you get him going. Deeg is way too fragile, even at level 35. And Swampus just doesn’t do enough damage to anything other than storages, to be anything like effective. All the new workshop levels means that Tiny now has to face way more, and more powerful air defences, without any additional help. And Mortimer. I think he needs some splash damage to make him more equal. Glargyl could do with a stronger attack. But his ink ball seems to be set just fine.
Now I'm just a Whale.
big_davey_b
Upgraded Minion
Upgraded Minion

Next

Return to General Discussion