HOME        ABOUT
FORUMS        FAQ

Client Update #8 - Screen fade out issues

Talk amongst y'selves!

Client Update #8 - Screen fade out issues

Postby Kaapie » Mon May 28, 2018 2:10 am

Since update #8, my screens goes blank if the screen is untouched for a few seconds. When I touch the screen to wake it up DK ALWAYS disconnects with error code 7. This is quite annoying as when I am watching a replay I have to touch my screen every few seconds for it to stay awake. Not sure if the screen timeout is intended with this update and tied to the system screen time out? (I hope not!!!). This NEVER happened in the previous client, the screen would always stay on.

I am using Android and would like to know if anyone else is having this issues or if Chris could explain if this change was intended or not?
Kaapie

Re: Client Update #8 - Screen fade out issues

Postby dergoeb » Mon May 28, 2018 9:48 am

Same here using Android. In the meantime I put my screen timeout to 5 minutes otherwise I go crazy.

Steel
dergoeb

Postby DKDev_Chris » Tue May 29, 2018 10:13 am

Kaapie wrote:Since update #8, my screens goes blank if the screen is untouched for a few seconds. When I touch the screen to wake it up DK ALWAYS disconnects with error code 7. This is quite annoying as when I am watching a replay I have to touch my screen every few seconds for it to stay awake. Not sure if the screen timeout is intended with this update and tied to the system screen time out? (I hope not!!!). This NEVER happened in the previous client, the screen would always stay on.

I am using Android and would like to know if anyone else is having this issues or if Chris could explain if this change was intended or not?

What device are you using? Also, is this happening to anyone else besides 'dergoeb'?
DKDev_Chris
Developer
Developer

Postby pitofdespair » Tue May 29, 2018 10:38 am

This has always been the case for me on iOS? I set my screen auto-lock to 5 minutes after I got the game, so it times out when DK does.
Bruce Campbells Army of Darkness - an open lv 40 guild for casual players of all levels who want to develop their dungeons and get Dreadstone in tournaments
pitofdespair
Keeper
Keeper

Postby fingers_phil » Tue May 29, 2018 11:07 am

This has started to happen to me also. I am using a Google Nexus 2nd Gen.

When I used to run DK on my Amazon Fire Phone, That used to dim in game.

But it never used to on my Nexus.
fingers_phil

Postby Cesspool » Tue May 29, 2018 11:59 am

Aside from the auto lock in iOS that PoD mentions (which is user addressable, you can turn this on or off in settings) I have not noticed any problem with the update.
Leader of Canadian Keepers guild (lvl 40, welcoming new members or just drop in to say hi :))
Cesspool
Keeper
Keeper

Postby dergoeb » Tue May 29, 2018 12:10 pm

DKDev_Chris wrote:
Kaapie wrote:Since update #8, my screens goes blank if the screen is untouched for a few seconds. When I touch the screen to wake it up DK ALWAYS disconnects with error code 7. This is quite annoying as when I am watching a replay I have to touch my screen every few seconds for it to stay awake. Not sure if the screen timeout is intended with this update and tied to the system screen time out? (I hope not!!!). This NEVER happened in the previous client, the screen would always stay on.

What device are you using? Also, is this happening to anyone else besides 'dergoeb'?

I never had any comparable issue with the former client, still using Samsung Galaxy S7.
dergoeb

Postby Kaapie » Tue May 29, 2018 1:30 pm

DKDev_Chris wrote:

I am using a Blackberry DTEK50, the one that comes embedded with Android OS 6
Kaapie

Postby scorp_nv » Tue May 29, 2018 2:52 pm

Chris, hello.
Many of RU players have same issues with client 8.0...
Fade bug: Redmi4 pro, Xiaomi mi5s, HTC one M7, Sony Xperia m5
No bug: Galaxy S7, Galaxy S8, Oppo F7, Xiaomi mi6
scorp_nv

Postby tylerdurden » Tue May 29, 2018 10:11 pm

Same issue here, on a Galaxy S7. Never had any issues before the update.

Basically, the app no longer prevents the phone from sleeping - and the moment it sleeps, the app disconnects.
tylerdurden

Next

Return to General Discussion